Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.
Got my Best Buy "Your order has been canceled" email. I called them and they said my order was still showing up as pending (meaning not canceled) while others were actually showing canceled. They told me to call back later and re-verify my order was still going to go through. Oh please oh please oh please ye gods of motoring video games, be good to me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.
Welp, gently caress. Didn't get the LCE, but I get a gift card, some points, and the BMW M1. It's not perfect, but at least I get to play the drat game(and pump money into DLC that I would probably get for free from buying the LCE). Is there any chance 1600 points will pay for the season pass by itself? I haven't bought microsoft points in forever and I am without my xbox currently.

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.
I really love the simulation steering, I didn't expect much to be added to the 'feel' of the cars, but this really makes it so much better.

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.
I went online to try out the ridiculously fun looking car soccer, only to find out that pubbies had already managed to devolve it into "Just use a Hummer Bumper Car Bullshit Smashfest". There was no soccer, and more importantly, no fun to be had. Goddamned pubbies...

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.

GhostDog posted:

I have those open (and had for a while), but my connection test still shows moderate NAT 95% of the time. Some googling seems to suggest it's an issue with my particular router (that I can't easily replace because it comes with my VDSL+IPtv connection), and that it's not a problem if it shows moderate NAT - at least not for most of the games out there. Forza however seems to really hate it. I just spent two hours trying to fix this poo poo, and it pretty much sucked all the enthusiasm I had for this game right out of me.

Edit: Hahaha, if I log into my router and deactivate and reactive the port rules, the Xbox shows an open NAT. But only for the first test, I can immediately restart the test and suddenly I'm moderate. gently caress this poo poo.

I've found that if you assign a static IP address to your xbox you'll eliminate the NAT problems. Most of my issues came from moving my xbox from time to time and my dynamic IP address would get assigned to something else on my network like a laptop. Once you statically assign your IP you can move your xbox around without losing the settings for whatever specific IP you assign. There are plenty of tutorials on the web to be found if you aren't familiar with how to do this.

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.
It hurts to see the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport and the Noble M600 in the auction house knowing I can't bid on them and that I would already own them if stupid best buy hadn't hosed up my LCE order...

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.

xzzy posted:

The Peugeot you get from playing FM3 is an amazing R1 car too.

The '06 Audi R1 is the best R1 cockpit view imo, you can get it as a driver level reward in the late 40s, and it keeps up with all the newer R1 cars just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfortablyNumb
Nov 7, 2008

This is not how I am.
Ok, so first they give us the hill climb Suzuki and now the Audi. Come on, Porsche 959 rally car and Pikes Peak (or any kind of dirt/rally track) combo pack! I would give T10 all of my money for something like that.

I said come in! posted:

You have the option of buying the cars individually, you don't need to get the whole thing.

This is part true, some cars are "pack only" such as the Pagani offered in the January pack. It's very frustrating because chances are good that Turn 10 will do the same with the most coveted cars in the other packs as well.

ComfortablyNumb fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 1, 2012

• Locked thread