Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redhalo
May 19, 2009

And if you're less than the top 1% you feel even shitier. All the same, you guys ghosts are great to practice to.

edit: That "Endangered Species" commercial should be in the OP. :colbert:

redhalo fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redhalo
May 19, 2009

AFewBricksShy posted:

Cannot find server gifted me an LfA because he is awesome, however it shows up in the game as a "missing content ". The ultimate edition pack isn't for download on xbl, so am I pretty much sol?

It is presumed so.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

I said come in! posted:

You have to buy a physical copy of the Ultimate Edition; http://www.amazon.com/Forza-3-Ultimate-Platinum-Xbox-360/dp/B0046CC4R0/ref=dp_ob_title_vg

But before you do that, realize that the LF-A isn't a unicorn car and can be purchased normaly in F4. If you want to spend monies, it will only cost between $1 and $3 with those ingame credits.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Idiot race posted:

Do game ever ship early? I pre-ordered the lce from them also, if not im going to have to ignore this thread on tuesday.

It can certainly happen. I recieved Bioshock a week early and beat it before it was "out".

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Daemonite posted:

Alright, I'm going to be the jerk I guess. As much as I love this series, I'm not very excited about this release. I'm curious if anyone else feels the same way.

The demo showed a much improved cockpit mode and the new physics system is sweet, but where is the content? There's really only four new tracks (be honest with yourself, the Top Gear track is a gimmick that will get old pretty quickly). While the graphics have improved, they are drowned out by overdone contrast and lighting effects. It's like Forza 3 with the ENB-Series shader mod applied to it.

It has a distinct recycled feeling that's worse than the move from GT3 to GT4 for those of you who remember that. I know I'll get this game eventually, but I have a feeling I'll burn out on it pretty quickly from all the similarities to its predecessor.

Aside from more tacks, what additional content could you want? It's a racing sim, Forza 3 had cars that you race, Forza 4 has cars that you race. The only thing you can really add would be more cars, better graphics, better physics, better audio, better way to engage the player, etc that Forza 4 has provided. Are you really poo pooing over just the number of tracks and your opinion that there is too much contrast in a snow environment?

edit: for that matter, I suspect that the few people who are disapointed in the graphics should set up the settings on their TV's cause it looks god drat beautiful on my end.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

I understand the concern for lack of tracks, but to say this release is contentless is mindblowing.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

BrokenKnees posted:

Since I got the email that the LCE shipped yesterday, and the email saying it was cancelled today, I'm currently crossing my fingers that it will still show up on my doorstep. $20 and 1600 mspts is nice, but it doesn't replace all the extras from the LCE.

Any goons having luck with any US stores/sites that are still in stock?

Target. I had to rebook an order for my brother's birthday present. They can still ship for Tuesday if you expedite.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Daemonite posted:

There have been a lot of complaints about the lighting in the game.

I think you are literaly only the second person to address such lighting concerns around these parts.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

einTier posted:

Done. Thank you. This Best Buy bullshit has seriously pissed me off. Don't take pre-orders for games with exclusive pre-order content and limited edition stuff if you can't actually deliver on it.

Of course, now I'm half expecting an email from Target saying the same thing.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Daemonite posted:

You know, I had temporarily forgotten about the Porsche license, that does hurt a lot. I know I can't blame Turn 10 for that though. And I agree, the launch day DLC, along with the DLC season pass, seems a bit aggressive this time around.

drat, I had practically forgotten about this until now. This is upsetting, but I still hope for Porche DLC down the road.

Daemonite posted:

There is a really strange and scary world outside of Something Awful that also discusses racing games.

Can you please direct me to where everyone is discussing how bad the lighting looks.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

GOD IS BED posted:

Please say I'm not the only person who will force every person who visits my house to run the Top Gear track and put their times on a powerboard.

Here's the Top Gear powerboards for each car and F1 drivers, so you can compare to celebrities: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_test_track

This is a fantastic idea and I'm totally going to do this.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

You could use the Best Buy gift card to buy more MS points to make up the difference.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

So I havn't recieved a confirmation email yet on my second LCE order that I had to rebook through Target. Stupid me closed out the window after purchase assuming a confirmation was being sent, therfore I don't have an order number to check on it. The purchase did go through on my card though. Anyone else not recieve a confirmation? I'm hoping I just put the wrong email in by mistake and that they didn't gently caress this up, or are debating on whether they had stock either.

I'm covered on my copy, but this was supposed to be a present for someone and now I feel like it may fall through.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Not that I'm upset over it, but that's what I'm hoping for. They have to see how ridiculous it looks to be the only manufacturer not to have at least one car in the game.

Until the contract's up, it's not really Porche's call unfortunatly. Do we know when the contract is up?

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Sunday Punch posted:

So it looks like upgrading a car's exhaust now actually gives you a visually different exhaust tip/muffler. So that's cool.
Is there new info in this? I know several reports said this from the S13 picture showing a different exhaust, but several body kits in 3 changed the exhaust as well.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

I'll take an LF-A if anyone is feeling generous. GT: robert mccoy
I'll re-gift as soon as I get it loaded.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Any chance on an invite to GTCC? Or do I have to wait for a less exclusive club? GT: robert mccoy

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Teeter posted:

Look what you've done, Forza. You had to go and throw money at me to the point where I didn't know what to do with it and now look what happened.

e: on a related note, stage 3 weight reduction for the Hummer takes off 2k+ lbs. It's like I've removed an entire car from this behemoth.

e2: Like a boss

Hey thar. I do believe that's my vinyl you purchased. Incidently, I've only sold one like literaly a minute after I posted it. Small world.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Ringo Star Get posted:

Don't forget that according to Xbox Support that if you somehow get banned on your Xbone, you lose all licenses to the games you own:

That tweet was in reference to Xbox 360.

https://twitter.com/xboxsupport1/status/345775684045660160

redhalo
May 19, 2009

New thrustmaster wheel announced. Looks like still no clutch or H shifter.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/thrustmaster-announces-xbox-one-ferrari-458-italia-racing-wheel

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Wow, for ten dollars more, you can get the Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR Elite pedals and the CSR Shifter set (which has both sequential and H pattern shifters).

They actually have that bundled at about $50 cheaper than the Thrustmaster. Here's hoping for compatibility.

edit: nevermind, just saw that you said Elite pedals. Still though.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Cannot Find Server posted:

I really don't think it's a good idea for them to add 24 player grids until they get 16 player grids working without hardlocks occurring every 15 minutes.

Have you seen a hardlock from a Forza 5 demo?

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Have they shown any Forza 5 demos with multiple people and paint schemes?

Ah, sounded like you knew something we didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Nah, just drawing on the fact that we've had three games with this issue. I'd like to imagine that they've fixed it for 5, but if you told me back when Forza 2 was the newest entry that this problem would still be present in 4, I'd never believe you. Since the problem is caused by a memory leak linked to paint schemes from yourself and other players, if they have not fixed this leak and increase the player count to 24, that would be really bad.

I'd like to hope that that got overhauled with the new paint system, but I also thought we were originally told all new car models and all tracks digitally scanned.

• Locked thread