Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I picked this up from the last thread, that the vinyl groups from the third game cannot be imported to the fourth, am i getting this right?

Because if so, that's a drat shame because there's two detailed closeups of Christopher Walken and Clint Eastwood as Blondie that I've been saving for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Well, one advantage to using Gamefly. I'm getting this game at noon of release day.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Game has met all my expectations and more.Career mode is a definite improvement, and Online so far has been pretty good.

Once I get used to the game again, I hope to join the club

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Guys, I've been having this problem and I was wondering if anybody had the same thing.

Apparently, I bought a car design, and my game decides to crash for no goddamn reason while saving. Now whenever i access the My Designs tab, the game crashes from here on in.

I thought it was my X-Box overheating, because this poo poo happened today already (accessing the same thing), so i cleared a fuckton of stuff to install it. It certainly isn't the CD, it's pristine.

I hope it's a bug, because i can't think of anything else.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

BlazeKinser posted:

The design you bought may have gotten corrupted somehow. Look at your Forza 4 gamesaves folder from the dashboard and see if any of the files in there has an exclamation point next to it. If it does, delete that and only that and try the game again. DON'T delete your main gamesave though.

None of the files have been corrupted (according to the dashboard). I'm going to clear the cache this time, and try again. Had some games crash on me due to a lack of clearing the cache before, so i'm hoping this will fix it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Yeah, there's currently no way for me to access My Designs tab (or buy any designs for that matter) without the game crashing on me. loving sucks.

The workaround is having Multiscreen set to off, and I already have it off anyway. What the hell happened? Did a patch get released recently that caused all this trouble?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Question, did they release a patch recently?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Man, the white 512 TR brings back memories. I think it was Test Drive, or Top Gear 1 where i used those cars the most.

Still can't download designs or create any (or save any designs for that matter) though. Pisses me off, because there's really great stuff out there. Honestly hope there's a fix soon.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Made this really cool livery for the Chevy Team Earth R1 car, made it a true American (None of that green viny poo poo), and I wish I could sell the design, but I can't, because my godamn game cannot save designs or access any.

Seriously, how is this not happening to anybody else? There's really cool limited designs out there, and i can't download them.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I had the same issue, here's what I did to fix it;

[solution]

As bizarre as this sounds I'm seriously not trolling - http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/turn-10-offers-a-fix-for-forza-4-corrupted-save-bug/

I did follow the advice a few weeks ago when i got this problem and, unfortunately, there are still no files that are shown as corrupted. The other workaround was to turn off Multiscreen, except mine was off already.

Also, instead of getting a message that "My save is corrupted and that you should delete it" as shown in the link you provided, my poo poo just locks up instead, either during a save (which i guess is a good indicator, despite the assurances that folks that have this problem say the save isn't actually corrupted) or when you just access your tab.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

AwwJeah posted:

don't know what the hell this is plastered on, but it is certainly a vinyl you can purchase!

gently caress yeah, some fella made that on FM 3, is he back?

• Locked thread