Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011
The LCE availability is low, I can't find a store that will let me preorder one for in-store pickup. What are we missing out on as far as in-game content if we get the normal game + season pass?

Is it just the VIP car pack? The BMW art car pack is available as day 1 DLC correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

BlazeKinser posted:

To be fair though, if you don't pick the Javelin then clearly you've made the wrong decision anyway. :colbert:

Maybe it's because I've already deflowered that Javelin extensively in FM3 but I'm looking forward to the 69' Trans-Am. Towards the end of the DLC life of FM3 they started letting cars get wider tires (Javelin gets some very fat meats) which I hope they continued in 4 as a trend. I can't wait to put slicks on the Hemi Dart Superstock and fly haphazardly down a straight (hopefully with front wheels off the ground).

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011
One more day! Super pumped!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442437&pagenumber=1#lastpost
Check out our FM4 GTCC thread! We'll be racing Wednesday, we currently have a little less than two full groups of 16 racers so if you are interested in a little more "serious" racing check us out.

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

Fake Name posted:

F200 Datsun supremacy :D

Good man, the Datsun 510 and the Elan seem to be the only fun cars still in F class. E class is the new F class.

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

ChocNitty posted:

It's kind of impressive that they had no problems getting licensing for cars and brands that Jeremy Clarkson flat out insults, like his opinion on the Gumpert name, in Autovista. I'm glad his cheeky british humor remained intact.

You figure those same car manufacturers send cars to Top Gear at their expense to be ridiculed. Probably two, and some extra tires, and in some cases a factory mechanic.

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Yep, I still have the game and have seen Spec 2.0. It improves a lot, but not where it really matters the most; actually making the game fun to play. Spec 2.0 needed to add a whole new career mode.

My main complaint was the multiplayer. I'd been doing FM3 GTCC for over a year prior and expected seamless multiplayer like Forza. It wasn't there at all. I can't remember a 16 player race where everyone could see every car on track, speak to everyone else on their mic, or just connect at all. The actual driving was great but they put a lot of things in between you and fun.

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

Edmund Honda posted:

Enjoying the driving in this game much more than FM3, also nice to see the Audi S5 has been replaced with the Dodge Super Bee as leaderboard breaking car of choice.

I can't imagine T10 won't fix the dodge V10 swaps. I mean if you are going from 425hp to 800hp and losing 100 PI that just seems wrong. Also having all 441PI cars (the Darts) at the top of the B500 leaderboard doesn't make their PI system look very good.

The PI system is definitely much better. If you want to take a muscle car you can race it against Evo's/STI's competitively. It's just that one swap as far as I can tell.

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

SynMoo posted:

The problem is that it isn't really a glitch, it's just an unfortunate mathematical result of how the PI system works with its mystical test track. I think the best way to solve this would be to have three PI tracks (short, med, long), then average the PI result. I don't see that happening in a title update.

The Nissan Leaf also benefits from this, but it isn't even an engine swap that does it, just the regular upgrades. It pretty much kills on short/medium tracks in D class because it can accelerate so quickly out of turns.

Ok kemosabe you drive your leaf and I'll take a 600hp D350 superbee we'll see who prevails.

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

Irn--Bru posted:

How competitive online are some of the already upgraded cars that career mode throws at you? I have a shitload of cars and money now and I'm just wondering whether it's worth fiddling with some of them for online, or just starting from scratch for some classes.

The auto-upgraded cars aren't upgraded well for online racing. You are going to want much more emphasis on handling. There is a balance that must be achieved in every class and the auto-upgrade cars universally go too far on the power side.

I'm glad they auto-upgrade the cars though because they work great against the AI. It's nice to not have to spend a dime on cars for singleplayer.

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

ANAmal.net posted:

I think one of the admins broke the forums, possibly in response to the Bolivian spambot problems that have occurred in the past or by being bad at computers.

I tried to avoid swapping anything, since that has ended in tears before (I had a RWD CRX that was just a disaster on Maple Valley back in the Forza 3 GTCC days), which resulted in a Wienermobile liveried Fiero. The first DLC car I've ever bought. actually.

Oh no! I'm glad I checked this forum to read that I broke my other stupid forum. I'll work to fix that, sorry. Also I highlighted the correct assumption above.

Edit: Fixed the GTCC forum, somehow all posting permissions for regular members got nuked.

PeppysDilz fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 14, 2012

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011
Hey Gents, Forza 4 GTCC has still been racing weekly Wednesdays at 9PM CT. We'd really like to get some new members, we are: decent racers, a good group of guys who value friendship (we're not bronies tho), and some of us are comedians.

In any case, try us out tonight!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657519

8/13/2014 C-Class Vintage - 9PM CT
C425
Cars older than 1980
No Forza Aero
'Sport' tires maximum

Tracks:
Maple Valley Full
Road Atlanta Full

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011
8/20/14 GTCC spec posted.. Mid engined B500!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657519&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011
9/10/14 B500 2012+ Hot Hatches

No forza aero.
Sport tires.
Random tracks.
Come race!

• Locked thread