Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Is it just me or is there no damage in quick race?

Sometimes I just want to gently caress up the cars while going in circles around Brickyard. I turned damage on from HUD and have all assists off.

Shifting into 1st gear from top speed? Car is still pristine. Walling the thing at 180 mph? Minor cosmetic damage. Giving half the grid the Pastor Maldonado treatment? Cosmetic damage only.

No tyre wear either.

Is the option for career mode style damage in quick race hidden somewhere or do I need to do some trickery like create a private online lobby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

The clutch disengages itself when I come to a stop and engage automatically when I hit the gas from a stop.

The car should stall if I don't put the clutch in. :qq: My immersion :qq:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Is it even possible to get a 1:30 or better time on Top Gear with the Suzuki Liana like on the show in this game?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Is there a tuning calculator or database around that's decent? I've use forzatune and a spreadsheet and both result in undriverable cars that spin out if you so much as think about turning the wheel.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

GutBomb posted:

Both of those are to be used as a guideline to creating a base tune that you tweak to your liking. But really the resulting tunes should at least be stable. Perhaps you're putting too much power in a car that can't handle it or just aren't that good at driving.

Both valid points. I can't say I'm Kimi Raikonnen, though a slight twitch to the right on a straight shouldn't result in a spin out.

I was using a Corvette Grand Sport upgraded one level up to S.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I got a 360 full time. So, I have Forza 4 and Horizon full time too.

I started 4 over because I was on a borrowed 360 till now. Top Gear and Nordschliefe never get old :w00t:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Does the DLC ever go on sale. I want to score the Porsche pack but with Christmas so close, it seems foolish to get it right now.

• Locked thread