Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Great looking first post. Maybe put asisde some space for car club stuff once we figure out how it works.

Also - Forza4Goons was also created as a metatag if anyone wants to be added to it even though it's probably less necessary this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Camino Viejo At Sunset in a BMW m635csi
Sedona in a Mercedes 190e with MUCH LESS annoying Sun
Wow - I'm amazed at how nice and smooth it looks.

pvax fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 6, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Fargin Icehole posted:

I picked this up from the last thread, that the vinyl groups from the third game cannot be imported to the fourth, am i getting this right?

Because if so, that's a drat shame because there's two detailed closeups of Christopher Walken and Clint Eastwood as Blondie that I've been saving for this.

It's my understanding that any car specific full liveries cannot be imported but individual vinyls and vinyl groups should import just fine.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Minimaul posted:

I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy in-store for in-store pickup at the little kiosk thingy a few weeks back.

Same here - but now i'm having some "oh poo poo" thoughts. Didn't get an email or anything - but I'm not sure the Los Feliz Best Buy is even competent enough to send one out. It would suck, but I would be tempted if they offered that 20 bucks AND 1600 point card offer.

Who am I kidding ... I want my little crown dammit and my gift cars with tacky videogame paints for free.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Yeah - 500+ cars is plenty enough for me. Especially if you add in engine swaps and abilty to set them up in multiple classes etc ...

I'd much rather we got regular Track DLC releases than Car Pack DLC any day. I also agree with the Gamespot review that I would have rather the disc space go to more tracks than to something like Autovista (even though it is pretty cool - to look at once).

Still, I'm as excited as a kid is when waiting for the first day of summer.

pvax fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 7, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Not that it will distract me one iota from the multitude of awesome available in the game, but I can't believe they haven't added a Power Lap Board. Keep track of running the cars in the game stock (taken from a standing start of course) around the Top Gear Test Track. I'm jsut going to buy a huge piece of sheet metal and decorate my living room with it.

I'm sure they'll have an online rival Kia Cee'd thingy, but this seems to be the second most obvious use of a license ever.

Still no ominous email from Best Buy - so hopefully I'm good for my store pickup on Tuesday.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Sim Racing Tonight has a 30 minute preview up if you want an in-depth look a the game from a distinctly sim point of view. Like all good Sim people they love sperging out on the details - so eat it up!

http://youtu.be/X2N98Fx5Oec

(poo poo yeah - Lancia Delta Spec Series)

Finally - some car club info! Starts around the 11 minute mark.

pvax fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 8, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

SPOILERS!! Link to all level reward car choices

Someones cobbled together this list if you want to see what choice in cars you have when you level in FM4.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I love the idea that the level rewards offer so many different choices.

-It will make for a less annoying auction house since it won't be full of the exact same 50 cars over and over.
- It will probably lead to some more variance on the leaderboards (this will be helped due to by affinity making parts cheap/free as well)

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I think I'm gonna rush Best Buy at lunch tomorrow as well and make a quick stop at home and start the Downloads going. That way I can get home after work and just ... play.

God - work is going to SUCK tomorrow.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Oh my dear god .... I am crying tears of joy while my ears bleed red nectar.

This clip is almost NWS because of how sexy it sounds

pvax fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 10, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

So - was it ever decided exactly which lucky goon is going to set up and be El Presidente of the car club and deal with the day one flood?

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I haven't got a Best Buy code in email yet, but I'm gonna head down there in a bit to hopefully pick up my poo poo.

... and in fuckity fuckin' gently caress news .... my DSL Modem took a giant poo poo last night and I will have to resort to hopping on my neighbors slow rear end wireless until i get this sorted out. Probably cancelling my current service and signing up with someone else since it will be cheaper at this point.

Wonderful timing, Thanks Universe! :argh:

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Grabbed LCE from my store pickup - ran home, waited like 20 mins for the drat xbox dashboard update...

Started all my FM4 Downloads on my neighbors wireless (see earlier post for my launch day DSL high-jinks). Got through the first race and did a profile import. Whew - just was scared I'd be without live and wanted to get all my content set up.

All I should have to do now after work is install disc 2 and pray that wireless stays protection free for awhile so I can club up and rival up and race till my face explodes

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Now that a few minutes have passed and hopefully the drama with it ... who do I need to talk to to get an invite into this here car club? GT is pvax for the wonderful person with the POWER.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

All of this Fanatec talk is dangerous. I know if I ever got to sit and try one I wouldn't be able to resist. Trying to stay as Ignorant as possible while I tell myself my MS Wheel is AWESOME.

God - longest day of work ever.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Residency Evil posted:

Made it to level 20. 2% complete. :negative:

I heard that World Tour Mode no longer knocks out anything from the event list ... Can you confirm or deny?

VVVVVV

Ahh .. that makes sense. Since it's structured by track now.

pvax fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 12, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Minimaul posted:

The driver level 3 reward prize choice was the hardest choice I've ever made in my life.
I'm definitely going with the Alfa since I'm going to buy all those anyways - save me some credits.

My wife is staring at me asking about dinner ideas - I just keep going ummm .. whoops, started another race just let me finish ... this ... one ...more ...

pvax fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 12, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

BlazeKinser posted:

Now get some nice cars in the club garage so we can have a proper collection going, DO IT NOW

Stock Spirit-R shared.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

T1g4h posted:

So, just out of curiosity, none of you guys happen to have a spare 48 hour XBL Gold Trial code lying around, right? Because I would totally appreciate one if so :h:

I might have one - if they don't expire that is - its a few years old. Tell me where to send it if you want it.

edit: Sent

pvax fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 12, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Turn 10 has done exactly what they were aiming for with the flood of Muscle cars. With the even more impressive sound, these cars just feel so ... yeeARRRGhhhghggh it's awesome.

I also love the new Affinity system. Thank you so much for letting spend credits on tons of CARS and tune and paints etc ... It will be better for everyone. I might actually upgrade some non-shitboxes this time around.

The main My Forza Gallery wasn't loading right for me correctly- so I found out the basic link to the page. If you put in your gamer tag and cut/paste the following - you should be able to see your stuff.

code:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Gallery.aspx?gt=YOURGAMERTAGEHERE
Oh .. and Goons make even Nascar fun.
:siren: http://youtu.be/sE6u0NmMOkA :siren:

pvax fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 12, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Of course, if you are in the Kia - you will just have to pretend that that power is there and available. ;)

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

My code was on the receipt from the store - never did get the email though either.

Man, this is the first time in a while a game has had me up until 3:30am when I have to work the next morning.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I like how people are still selling upgraded cars on the AH for more credits even though you get NO money back for selling parts now and if you run like 5 races parts are free. Also - there are some drat bargains to be found on some of the early level up rewards right now. I got all of the other 4 awesome level 3 rewards for a grand total of 14k. I also snagged a 67 Miura for like 20k.

Got my Lancia to Level 4 last night so I think it's time to start making a viable version of each of them in every single class they can upgrade into :) I have also fallen in love with the Nova SS and want to turn it into a beast from hell.

Seriously sitting here thinking about what I can sell to justify a Fanatec purchase. I figure I own an MS Wheel as well as a Driving Force GT that could net me maybe half or more of the cost if I sold them to get a starter CSR with the cheap pedals/shifter.

VVVVV
I heard some people complying that the 0 cr thing was tied to some sort of weird problem when using the wheel.

pvax fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 12, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Just as a heads up - that Gamespot list doesn't include the cars that they offer to you that are part of the day 1 DLC. For example - Level 5 offers you like 3 extra muscle cars. Nice that they are throwing in DLC as rewards this time around.

the Marketplace also has a section for Track Packs! Better end up not just being the Benchmark and Top Gear Soccer field forever. Has Turn 10 hinted at all about adding new tracks besides saying that they take a year to make or whatever?

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

At bare minimum - we should all check and see that we're not adding a car that'd already there (unless it's a very different paint/tune). I think adding the unicorns was a good idea but there are way too much reward cars in there. I'm guilty of adding one or two the first day - I'll clean my room after work.

did anyone test that shared pre-order cars work? Like the 1M and CR-Z?

pvax fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 13, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Haha - the bus paint is absolutely brilliant!

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

So - is it just me or do the reward cars come pre-modified to sit around the max PI of their respective classes? I kept noticing most of my cars were within a couple of points of the max and haven't intentionally upgraded that many yet.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Kind of makes it nice for world tour mode to always have cars that are at least competitive (in theory). I was just freaking out that it seemed like I was never seeing PI's out side of 5 points of max and couldn't believe that all of these cars were THAT equal when run in stock configs. :doh:

that's what I get for staying up until almost 4am two days in a row (after working all day).

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

My F200 Ka has earned me so much money on the Starter Car Rivals event. It's a simple tune that's up for free on Storefront - just look for the one by PLOP that like 400+ people have DL'ed.

With a bit of Foresight it's not hard to grind out a bunch of Credits in rivals mode. Basically - If you have found a rivals event you KNOW you can post great times in, set your rival on the leaderboards to the slowest one that gives you the best bounty that you KNOW you can beat (10k, 50k, 100k, 150k etc). Try to win by as small a margin as possible and then rinse repeat setting rival as the next closest name on you "Nearest" Leaderboard.

It's getting a bit difficult now as I'm starting to hit a realistic plateau time-wise - but I'm getting 150k per race when it works (2 laps) and have managed to earn at least 1.5mil so far - and it's more fun than lapping drat ovals in the old game ugh.

pvax fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 14, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

ChocNitty posted:

Is the main metatag: Forza4goons?

Yeah - I made the tag so it would be there, but the clubs have kind of rendered it useless. I still try to check for requests at least once a day.

so .... I've gotten addicted to buying ALL of the reward cars - someone STOP ME. But people sell them for such ridiculous prices on the AH it's hard not to get all Pokemon about this drat poo poo.

I hate to admit it, but all the little micro-econo starter cars are so fun to play around with. I've always loved lapping in the slower classes since it's almost puzzle-like trying to find the best way to carry the most momentum around the track.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Any of the 4 main club leaders should be able to remove the cars.

I vote that the stock unicorns should stay in for people that don't have them.

Also - no point sharing the pre-order cars as they will show up as DLC Required to anyone without the pre-order.

pvax fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 14, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I just crosschecked the spreadsheet from the first post vs club leaderboard of the Alps A Class intro race. A good 30 or so of the names never posted their SA Name/Tag to the ForzaGoons google-sheet. So - not sure what anyone wants to do about it at this point. Seems a tad unfair to those that were excited back from the last thread.

Of course I recognize many names in the list as goons obviously, christ - even some of the leaders of the Club aren't on it ...

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Yeah - in a month or so I doubt there will be more than 100 active players - especially with it being AAA game season. Only thing that doesn't stop is the worry that we're being invaded by pubbies looking for "glory" :hurr: The solution to them is simply more Goon Bus

GISH seems to be gaining momentum so I'm sure everyone will be having proper funtimes either way.

pvax fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 14, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Does anyone have a decent link to a simple spreadsheet for keeping track of lap-times on each of the tracks? Even an old one for FM3 would be super cool.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

wernox posted:

gently caress, I've been chasing you in that god damned thing for two hours!

Awesome :clint:

I just sorted it by Club only and now I feel rather pleased with myself :)

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Bentai posted:

Unless I am missing it, there isn't a way to "bookmark" certain users in the storefront is there? I think this would be a great addition for a future patch.

I know I've added people as favorites. I think you just need to be on their main storefront page and hit 'y' and then add them. I guess the fastest way to get to the storefront after that is to go to any leaderboard - select their name and then choose to go to their storefront

pvax fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 15, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

siig posted:

Where in rivals mode is the starter car rivals event? I must be blind but I can't find it.

Rivals -> Community Monthly -> Starter Car Open

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I just randomly switch around which car I'm in and it varies up the race offerings enough that I can get 'something' i'm in the mood for.

Sorry for ignoring so many invites btw - I'm on a borrowed really lovely internet right now and it's just isn't as fun. Hopefully I will have new internets by the end of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Minimaul posted:

I can hot lap decently enough, but I suck at driving in a pack so I usually take it easy cause I'm a sissy.

A-loving-men. I feel your pain. Best races for me are when there are minimum five laps where I have time to hopefully make my way onto the podium from back in the midfield.

I think I actually get TOO worried about bumping or causing an accident and ends up getting passed by those who just don't give a gently caress where their poo poo is pointed at.

xzzy posted:

It's also quite fun to loom in a guy's rear view mirror, and watching him slowly unravel. Keeps trying to take corners faster and faster, sliding a bit more each time, until he cracks and stuffs it into a wall.

If anyone wants to beat me - this is how you do it.

• Locked thread