Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there anyone out there who's looking to sell their Microsoft wheel? I'm having awful luck finding a used one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I played a couple of rounds of car soccer earlier with LLJK. All Mini Coopers was great. But nothing could compare to the next match with a few Hummers thrown in. I don't think that the collision detection and physics code was written with quite that amount of chaos in mind. I'm still hoarse from laughing so hard.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Maybe someone here can help me. I just got the Microsoft wheel. I am now terrible at everything. It feels like the cars don't have power steering in the cars. I'm spinning out constantly. I feel like a significantly worse driver. Is there some way to dial this back a bit or what? I'm quite disappointed as it stands.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

xzzy posted:

Try turning on some assists for a while?

There is an acclimation period to using the wheel. It's not like jumping in a real car, you have to learn what the FF is telling you and how sensitive the steering action is.

But once you get over that hump, you'll have a ton of fun.

What assists would you recommend? Right now I'm just flat out not having a good time with the wheel. I feel like a bumbling idiot. I drove my car in the game. Then I drove my real car in the real world. Then back to the game. The game feels nothing like the real car. Should I unplug it so there's no FF, just rumble? I'm keen on playing with a wheel but if it's a chore then I'm just gonna get rid of this thing.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there any way to adjust the force feedback level on the MS Wireless Wheel? Or the sensitivity? Or anything? I really want to like this game with the wheel I just bought for it. But after a couple of hours I'm tired of fighting with it every inch of the way. I picked up the controller after an hour with the wheel and ran a perfect lap. With the wheel I'm constantly losing control and crashing. The steering feel is absurdly heavy. And should I hit a bump or get tapped by another car I pretty much lose control, fishtailing back and forth until a wall stops me.

Right now I'm very disappointed in the wheel and I'm trying to give it all the chances in the world to impress me but it's not. Help!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
What we really need is an off-road course to take the Ford Raptor and Monster Suzuki out on!

I hope the Suzuki feels better to drive in Forza than it did in Dirt 3 - something about it always felt slightly weird there.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I haven't played much lately, but it seems that I am mostly alone in LLJK. Where did everyone migrate to?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I tried to apply to AUGR but it's full :(

Also, I was playing with pubs earlier and they determined that I was the one causing them all to collide with each other. Meanwhile they were actively smashing into me every opportunity they got, unprovoked. Probably because I passed them while they were fighting it out. So they kicked me. I can't even remember the last time I was kicked from any game. I'm sort of offended, I was innocent! I'm pretty bad at driving internet cars. I didn't do anything other than drive slowly and pass when the opportunity presented itself. gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is that transit van the same one that they had on Top Gear with the XJ220 motor in it?

• Locked thread