Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Cannot find server gifted me an LfA because he is awesome, however it shows up in the game as a "missing content ". The ultimate edition pack isn't for download on xbl, so am I pretty much sol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I don't see the stig pack or ultimate pack on xbl. The only thing I see is a trailer for the ultimate pack. Anyone got a link for either?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

If anyone is in the same boat as I am with a gifted LfA that shows up as missing content, I found a way around it. Go on xbox.com and you can download the ultimate sampler. It's not on xbl for some reason. I still can't drive the LfA, but I'm hoping it will transfer since technically it's in my garage.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

kombatMedik posted:

Is the season pass worth it?

Seconding this, and does anyone have any opinions on selling the amazon pre-order STI on Ebay?

I kind of regret not doing that when I bought Mortal Kombat, it looks like they are going for about $20. Is this something that might be able to be purchased with the season pass?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Any tips, other than practice, for driving with a controller using a clutch? I can drive in manual pretty well, but my breaking isn't nearly as smooth when I'm trying to use a clutch as well. I've turned the clutch off for now, but I was wondering if anyone had any hints.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

If anyone wants to join another car club, I started one. GISH. There's no one else in it so anyone that wants in, feel free. I doubt my friends are getting forza, so it can be lljk 2 for all I care.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

If anyone wants to get in a second club, send a request to GISH. It's a tag I used with a couple of friends for blops. They aren't getting forza, so I figured I'd start it as an overflow for lljk.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Jersey_Guy posted:

Since LLJK was full I sent a request to GISH.
GT= JerseyGuy187

I'll be on tonight to approve anyone who wants in.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Ruff posted:

I applied to GISH yesterday it is still pending, GT is PenguinBC.
I just added anyone who requested. Jersey guy is also listed as a leader so he can approve people too. Ill be back on later when my kids are down.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

If you don't own the car, I'm pretty sure you are s o l as far as designs go.

Or join a car club that had the goonbus in it. GISH has the upgraded hummer now but I haven't painted it yet. I can't share the goonbus paintjob because I didn't create it.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 14, 2011

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Kashwashwa posted:

just another brief clip from yesterday evening. the composure of our start and first corner was quite impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2cZm9hhfus

Another note regarding that video. If you happen to be driving an RX-7 because you don't have an upgraded Hummer, make sure you do your passing quickly. Otherwise you may end up being smashed into a wall and the Hummers will learn that smashing in to you causes them no damage and pretty much no slowdown either.

You Am I posted:

Really? So far in my career mode the AI has been as dumb as a box of hammers, and there doesn't seem to be a setting in the Difficulty menu to make them harder/smarter.

I was doing pretty well with my racing, but the AI got a jump on me when I switched to the b class cars. My lines need to be very clean now to win the races.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I sent a friend request to Forza4goons.

If Jersey Guy hasn't been on yet today, I'll be back on tonight to add anyone to GISH.

Can anyone in the car club send out invites, or does it have to be one of the heads of the car club? I've seen some people posting about wanting an invite, but it's easier if you just request to get in, as I don't have my computer in the same room as I do my Xbox.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

nifty1 posted:

Can I get a GISH invite please?

Gamertag: EnvyZero
If you haven't already, request to join the club in the community section of the game. I'll be on late tonight but there are other "mods?" that can approve you if you sign on earlier.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Sunday Punch,
Can you link some of the better advice posts in this thread in the first or second post? Specifically stuff related to handling the corners and such, as well as tuning.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I tuned GISH's goonbus last night before going to bed. Let me know if it's better or worse.

I also found out you can make the hummer into an A class car if you swap out the cam shaft and I think you can upgrade the turbo one more level.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

IO

Haak posted:

Hmm, getting a weird issue with the (SAEG, if it matters) club garage where most cars will load with their liveries etc but some (mostly newly added ones) have no image and you can't see the details of the car from the garage screen. Is this happening to anyone else?
I saw this last night too in GISH.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Since it was asked last night, GISH comes from a drunk watching of "Best of the Best" with my friends a few years ago before a wedding. Phillip Rhee is having flashbacks of his brother getting killed by the bad guy while training, and every time he hits the bag, he makes an ISH ISH sound, which then got changed to GISH GISH for the rest of the weekend. So when I started up my 3 man clan for blops with 2 of those friends, we figured it was a good name for it. I'll still randomly get texts from them with the word GISH and it just makes me laugh.

In my defense, I never said it was an interesting story.

To my knowledge, no one has made a vinyl logo aside from the small one I put on the back of our goon bus. If someone wants to make one, it would be awesome. I'll try and make up something tonight, but I don't have near the artistic talent of pretty much any of the pictures seen here, so it will probably suck.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

CrandleBerries posted:

How do you get back into the GISH Lobby rooms without being invited? I can only invite people to my own lobby etc. Do I need you need to friend other members first?

If you PM someone that is in the lobby to send out a club invite, that would work too.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Is there a way to zoom in really close when working on a vinyl group? I'm making a license plate but it's tough to do the detail work on the logo.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

djfooboo posted:

So I got the pre-order incentive RX7 Sprirt R, but cannot find a way to get the supposed other cars they just released. Are they still working on handing them out or do I have to do something to get them?
if you find out, let me know because I haven't seen them either.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

GISH is full. If you haven't been on in a while or have dropped forza and for some reason you are still reading this thread, id appreciate if you could back out to make room.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Sent a request for GISH yesterday but got turned down I think, tried today and its full, I will try again later. I want to do some goon races, GT: DarkJaynx
I added people tonight until I hit the limit. Sadly I had to deny anyone else who had requested. Tomorrow night I'm going to see if I can find a fair way to clean up the list a bit, but until then I'll ask again for people to drop out if they don't think they are going to take part in the club races to make room.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I made my first serious effort at a design:

(Just now I noticed the little corner above the tail light that I missed.)

The Subaru font was the hardest part of it, and it still isn't perfect. I felt like I was starting to go blind by the end though.

I ended up using the provided decals for the sponsors, that's a level of detail that is beyond me. I did make the SPT logo in the front of the car though.

It felt really good to see that someone bought it off of the store front.

Doing this made me appreciate the effort that someone like Sunday Punch takes to get them perfect.

It is based off of this car, but I tend to use the number 13 on all my cars going back to Forza 1.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 27, 2011

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Has anyone gotten the other Pre-Order bonus cars? I got the RX-7 and that's it. Supposedly they are out, but I haven't gotten a thing yet.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Idiot race posted:

you cant just post this and not say how damnit, unless its a photoshop :argh:

Can't you just paint aftermarket rims?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Hey GISH members, I'm going to start pruning. Anyone have any ideas as to a fair way to do it?

My thought was to cut anyone below level 20, and who either A) hasn't been on XBL in a week or B) doesn't have Forza as the last played game. Too much, too little?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Trap Star posted:

I was thinking last night the main clubs could do a weekly elimination race where last place gets kicked out of the club

In theory a good idea, but you're going to end up kicking players that actually play, rather than people who joined and haven't played since.

Also, I'd end up having to kick myself out of the group because I suck, and I don't want to do that.

captainOrbital posted:

It depends on whether or not WP7 puts its games on that list. At least for me.

e: I haven't played FM4 in a couple days because I have had to go back in to work, but I'd still prefer not to be cut from GISH. I'll probably be on tonight.

I'm not sure what WP7 is.
If you've been on since last thursday, you'd be safe. What's your GT, I'll make sure you don't get cut.

der juicen posted:

With this, I play Madden and NHL sorta regularly, as well as Forza.
You should be fine. Post your GT, and I'll do the same for you just in case though.

The reason I'm picking level 20 is that it is rather easy to get to. I'm thinking that people who aren't level 20 yet have either A) just gotten the game, or B)aren't playing it anymore. If it's A, you're safe as I can see if you've been on recently. If it's B, I think it would be fair for those people to be pruned so that the "a" types, or the people without clubs that want to get in on the goon racing can be in the club.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 28, 2011

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

der juicen posted:

I am the magical Im A GPS Facial.

You're good, I was racing with you last night. Aphex, you'll be fine too.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I've opened up 8 spots in gishusing the following criteria:
Less than level 20

And one of
Gamer card status to "offline" rather than "offline since...", which happens after being offline more than a few days.
Or
Forza is not one of the 2 last played games, which I found using "compare games" on the gamer card.

I've kept the kick notices in my inbox, so if you want back in, send an invite and you'll have first dibs, otherwise it's first come first served.

On Sunday, I'm kicking anyone who is below level 18 and does not have forza as their last played game. This will open up 5 more spots as of now.

If for some reason you think you will be bumped due to this and do not want to be, just reply to this post with your gt and you'll be fine.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Shogunner posted:

Guys, I'm bored, anyone want to do some spec racing with me? Get any BMW that's B or under, and get it up to A class. No restrictions except for it needs a full rollcage and full weight removal.

Whose down? Add me, SHoGuNN3R. :v:

e: I'm in GISH if it matters
I hosed up when trying to make you co-leader of the club and somehow transferred leader to you. If you could send it back at some point, I'd appreciate it as I can't do the pruning stuff as co-leader.
Select my name and I'm assuming there's a "promote to leader" button that I didn't loving read earlier tonight.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Kachunkachunk posted:

Dude that's a great livery!
agreed. I'm goin to have to buy a testarossa just to be able to use it.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I think things will pick back up tomorrow when the new cars come out.
I'm going between mw3 and forza now, but I'm not sure what I'm getting for Christmas.

I don't know if I am going to be on enough to be in a new club (I'm the head of Gish) but add my gt as a friend and I'll happily get in on some goon racing. Gt is the same as my sa name.

Also, would using a meta tag be worth it for those who are only sporadically playing? It won't waste any space in a club, and would still allow invites to go out to other goons.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 6, 2011

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Does anyone have a link to the spreadsheet?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Thanks. Turns out I was already on it.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Sorry about dropping out, but my Xbox crashed and I figured I should hit the sack anyway.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

If anyone is on tonight, invite afewbricksshy, I'll be on for a while.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Anyone want a free car?
http://www.facebook.com/forzamotorsport?sk=app_163917580370763
"Follow the link to the app then enter your Xbox LIVE gamertag and Turn 10 Studios will send you a Bose-designed Nissan 370Z for Forza Motorsport 4!
To receive in-game car, you must log onto Forza Motorsport 4 game (sold separately) with an active Xbox LIVE Gold membership PRIOR to 1/2/12. Car will be sent in-game during the week of 1/2/12. Limit 1 per gamertag. "

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Sunday Punch posted:

So did anyone else get a free Cobra from Turn10? Is this a VIP thing?
If you got it about a week or so ago, it's from a facebook poll that they had between the cobra and the gt 40. The winner of the poll got sent to anyone who has the VIP status that you got with the collectors edition.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 17, 2011

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Less Fat Luke posted:

Not sure who runs GISH, but I sent a request in to join :) Live name is similar to this one.

I'll jump on tonight to accept you, but you might want to join AUGR instead. Any time I've been on in the last month, I've been the only GISH member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

General Probe posted:

AUGR is currently the active NA goon group.
I'm happy to say that there was a few Gish races the other night, but I still would advise everyone to start switching to augr.

• Locked thread