Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Sunday, heard you wanted stuff on wheels and pedals. Here's mine on the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals:

Also love my Clubsport pedals, but people should know that the CSR Elite pedals are just about as good and $50 cheaper. The difference is the base is all plastic, and you can't move the pedals on their levers (only the middle holes are chamfered), although you can move the whole brake assembly left or right a cm or two. You still get the Load Cell brake set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

I said come in! posted:

A goon got the collectors edition, last night.

If you mean Captain Flynn that's the press pack. Although you might mean someone else.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

Surely it would be a Kia Cee'd not the Lacetti. The Lacetti died in the demolition of two huge chimney stacks.

There is a Top Gear "reasonably priced car" challenge in the Rivals section, and yes, you use a stock Kia Cee'd. Did a 1.47:something earlier today in it, but there's way more time in the car.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Welp, I think my Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel is having a complete mental loving breakdown. Fired up GT5 a bit earlier (graphics better than I remembered, only took 30 minutes from turning the PS3 on to start playing, what with all the updates) and despite having taken my Clubsport pedals apart this morning to lubricate the brake, I started getting the same problem I was having before where the brake shows 10-15% pressure when I'm not touching it. Switched back to Forza 4 and it started going bananas - pausing and unpausing the game at almost 10 Hz, which shouldn't have anything to do with the pedals because none of them control pausing the game! I switched over to the CSR Elite pedals and the problems remained, so I think that it's the wheel, or possibly both the wheel and the pedals that are hosed. I'm getting to the point where I want them to replace both, because this is just loving annoying.

If you're reading this and are panicking now because you just bought a CSR, don't worry, that wheel hasn't been giving me any problems! Any other PTSW owners having similar problems?

yes we nyan posted:

You have the game, correct? Is it true that they put in other famous real life laps, specifically senna's lap around suzuka and such?

I did see a Senna/Suzuka Rival challenge, yes. I'll take closer look at it tomorrow and report back.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

yes we nyan posted:

You have the game, correct? Is it true that they put in other famous real life laps, specifically senna's lap around suzuka and such?

Yes, 1992 NSX-R, Suzuka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Are you in the US or somewhere else? I checked just now and there's still nothing in the Marketplace here.

• Locked thread