Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

quote:

Thank you for your Forza Motorsport 4: Limited Collector's Edition (sku 2953607) pre-order on BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, due to an overwhelming demand, Best Buy is unable to fulfill your pre-order; as a result, your order will be canceled and you will not be charged for this item.

We would like to inform you, however, that the standard edition is available for pre-order. If you are interested, please contact us to place an order for the standard edition. Also, we want to make this right for you. Should you choose to change your pre-order to the standard edition, we would like to offer you a $20 Best Buy gift card and 1,600 Xbox LIVE points for free. Please contact us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) by Thursday, October 13 and we will place a pre-order for the standard edition and include the free items.

To ensure you receive your pre-order on Tuesday, October 11 please select in-store pickup. If this option is inconvenient for you we will have it shipped expedited at no additional cost. Please note the video game and gift card will ship separately. Once your new pre-order is placed you will receive your downloadable Xbox LIVE code within an hour to the email address you have provided.

If you used a credit card for this pre-order and have questions about the cancellation process, please click here. If you used a Best Buy gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement.

We are sorry for this and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please have your order number handy when you contact us so that we may serve you faster.

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com,

Best Buy Customer Service

Blooo blooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

real_scud posted:

Stop trying to buy it from Target, get it at DeepDiscount.com for $69.99 base, with free shipping. Upgrading to overnight costs $10 and puts you right at retail price.

Out at deepdiscount, but got my order changed to Target.

edit: Maybe I'll still get to drive the BMW 1M by buying it from someone else.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
So I'm trying to begin playing without ABS on the controller. What's the right way to brake? Pulse rapidly? This isn't easy :(.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

dreesemonkey posted:

Smooth, linear engagement. You should basically never have this trigger pressed in all the way unless you're trying to lock your brakes up on purpose.

ABS :bahgawd:

Isn't braking distance increased without it though?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Are all MS Wheels created equally? I have the chance to purchase one for $50. That sounds fair, right?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
How big is the second disk install going to be for this thing? :eek:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Just got a Microsoft Wheel for $40 used on craigslist.

Oh my god this thing is loving awesome.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Any way I could get on the LFA list? My gamertag is residencyevil. Thanks!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Out of curiosity, how long did it take you guys to get good with the wheel? I'm running 1:50s dirty right now, none clean so far.

This is the first time I've ever played Forza with a wheel and it's fantastic. I went back and played Forza 3 for a bit, starting off from the beginning. No assists except for the clutch so I can learn how to play it properly. I found the foam underneath the brake helps a ton. It makes for a more realistic feel and it's easier to prevent the brakes from locking.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
As one of the 99%, I'd greatly appreciate a charitable donation of an LF-A.

GT: residencyevil

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Day Man posted:

The answer doesn't change, sadly. They have traction control as an assist, and it's not individually modeled for each car.

I've been curious about this too. I'm not sure cars like the McLaren, 599, etc are really meant to be driven with the TCS completely off. My guess is that the traction control/stability control are just set for each car however, and the car with them turned off is close to how it was originally modeled, which was probably with some sort of electronic aid?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Joining the "Best Buy canceled my LCE so I got it from target instead but they still sent me my BMW 1M :smug:" crowd.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
GT: residencyevil.

Let's play. :D

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Load times aren't bad at all, but I haven't installed disk 1 yet.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

JaysonAych posted:

It says it's invitation only. I'd be happy for an invite! GT: DaytonaTurboJ

Me too if possible. GT: residencyevil

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
You can swap the V8 from a new M3 into an E30 M3. Oh my.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
What's the proper name for male anatomy :(.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Day Man posted:

Yes. My enjoyment went up immensly when I switched from the old MS wheel. 5 dollars per hour of entertainment isn't that bad, really, and your play time is likely to go up with a new wheel and all the rivals mode awesomeness.

Don't tell me this. :( How is the fanatec better than the MS wheel?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Made it to level 20. 2% complete. :negative:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

GreatGreen posted:

You've made it to level 20 in how many hours played?

How much money have you earned in the game so far? Does it seem like you'll need to grind for cash like in GT5?

I played 5, maybe 6 hours?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Has anyone had their Target LCE orders ship? I ended up picking it up at Best Buy, but I'm wondering if my target order will go through too.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Protip: if you're playing soccer against hummers, don't choose the Toyota aygo because you think it'll be more nimble/able to get around better. You're just going to end up 10 feet in the air every. loving. Time.

Even still, awesome playing with you guys. Cat and mouse was a ton of fun and I'm looking forward to some awesome racing.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Oct 12, 2011

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Symphoric posted:

I've seen every episode of Top Gear multiple times and I still managed to get lost on the track more than once before I finally figured it out.

I'm still trying to figure out the best approach to the first corner and the corner coming off of the long straight into gambon.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Powershift posted:

Viper v10 should still be there >.>

Also, i hate that leveling up main brands doesn't affect sub-brands. if you want free parts for Oldsmobile, you have to level up Oldsmobile, leveling up chevy doesn't do poo poo.

If that's your only complaint, I think they've done a pretty solid job with the game.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Adding to the voices saying to get used to it. I just got a Microsoft wheel this past Sunday. It's taken a couple days, and I started out from the beginning in F-class with all the assists off, but now I can't see myself going back and I've moved on up to A/B cars, and can at least make my way around the track in an S-car.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Has anyone gotten their target.com order shipped yet?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
You're an rear end in a top hat muheras. loving took me 15 times to beat your 1:45.75. Finally had a loving magical lap and made it in 1:44.993. gently caress you.

:smug:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

real_scud posted:

Which track? Because I will go back and beat it now that you called me out about beating yours.

I'm still pissed I had Logue's time beat by seconds for the Senna challenge but got a dirty lap in some bullshit place.

Top Gear Kia.

:(

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Out of curiosity, are you guys racing the R cars without assists as well? I'm getting to the A races and I have to say, it's starting to get tempting to turn on ABS at least.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Quabzor posted:

Are the forza servers still down for anyone else?

Very slow/buggy for me.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
One more month until I'm completely out of my cast/boot and hopefully recovered from surgery. Then it'll be back to Forza for the first time since January. :sigh:

On the bright side, I'm beginning freedom with a 1200 mile road trip on my way back with a new (to me) car. :D

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

IOwnCalculus posted:

Surgery is no excuse, racing on percocet is fun (and a great example of why actually driving on it would be bad)!

I've had my right ankle hurt since May 2011, and been in/out of a boot since then. Surgery was the last resort. Driving with a controller seems so dirty.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Ouch. No Forza on top of surgery is a drag.

What'd you buy/where is it? Sounds like you owe us a pretty epic road trip back thread.

Bought/buying a 2010 VW GTI, tuned with a Stage 1 chip. :) It's currently in Texas and I'll be driving it to start my new job in Madison, Wisconsin. I've never driven through that part of the Midwest so I'm thinking of doing a thread but I'm guessing the views aren't going to be super exciting.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

xzzy posted:

Southwest Wisconsin is pretty nice.. the call it the driftless because it somehow avoided being carved flat by glaciers, so there's some pretty terrain.

Texas to Wisconsin, not so much. The "secret" to fun road trips is pick a route with google maps, then turn on the feature to show geotagged photos. Spots with big clusters of pictures are probably worth visiting.

Staying off the interstate can work too. I did Chicago to Las Vegas last November and didn't use a single interstate.. was the best drive I've ever had.

Oh, I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for the tip!

My plan right now is to save up a bunch of podcasts, buy a spotify subscription, and try to bang the trip out in 2 days (3 max). It seems reasonable right now.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm actually flying into Madison tonight for a little vacationing. It's a great town, you should enjoy working there. Tons of great food, I hope you plan on doing a lot of exercising to counter the deep fried everything.

Do yourself a favor and drive up the Mississippi river valley once you get to St. Louis using the old state highways. There are some unbelievable views of the river, the roads are completely empty, and it's rolling 2 lane perfectly smooth asphalt for most of it. Going up the east coast of Iowa and crossing over at Prarie du Chein will give you some amazing hillclimb views as well as some interesting historic River town downtown architecture. Try the catfish sandwich!

Madison at this time of year is a total speedtrap - lots of parents getting nabbed coming to pick up Junior or see graduation at the U, so be aware as you arrive in the metro area. Also watch out for deer if it's twilight, they're everywhere in Wisconsin.

Thanks for the tips! Before my injury I ran marathons/raced bikes, so I'm hoping to at least get back to one of those two when I'm in Madison. I've gotten that impression from my searches and finding that they use a lot of LIDAR around Madison/Wisconsin in general. Thanks for the heads up. :(

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 10, 2012

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Aren't individual cars around 320 MS points? That's only 5 cars before it makes more sense to buy the pack.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

xzzy posted:

I have the clutch set to the B button on my MS wheel, it's not as graceful as I would prefer because it obligates me to keep my thumb over the button which is a non-standard driving grip, but I can tap it plus a paddle shifter without too much trouble.

I've entertained thoughts of getting some wire and a spare button (like maybe a guitar stomp box or something) to solder a "clutch pedal" for my left foot, but have never gotten around to it. The parts are cheap.. the energy to do it, not so much.

Yeah, this is what has stopped me from going manual w/clutch with my MS wheel. I'm not willing to give up how well the wheel works for some annoying clutch button.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Add me to the list of people who is really bummed out he can't justify getting an Xbox One just for Forza 5. :(

Playstation 4 preordered

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Sex Vicar posted:

Some crap driving but here's some 1080P 60FPS Cam footage from the show floor

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_forza_5_in_1080p_resolution-14253_en.html

:stare::fh:

I'm starting to wonder if you will be able to trade in your mortal soul for this console.

That's incredible. The old microsoft wheel is pretty much guaranteed not to work with this, right?

Maybe they'll port this to PS4. :v:

:sigh:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Ringo Star Get posted:

Don't forget that according to Xbox Support that if you somehow get banned on your Xbone, you lose all licenses to the games you own:

I feel like an abuse victim every time I read something like this and still want to preorder it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Cojawfee posted:

Now that the crossbone can be offline, how will this "drivatar" thing pan out?

90% less chance of getting into a head-on collision with M. Rossi driving the wrong way on Bernie's Alps.

• Locked thread