Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT1IXlRWpWQ

No lie; I will drive the F40 forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Kal Reegar - 01:42.041 - 1,480
yes we nyan - 01:42.065 - 1,513

Come at me bro!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

GOD IS BED posted:

Please say I'm not the only person who will force every person who visits my house to run the Top Gear track and put their times on a powerboard.

Here's the Top Gear powerboards for each car and F1 drivers, so you can compare to celebrities: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_test_track
I did this in Forza 2 with a Mazda on Suzuka west. It was pretty fun!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

GhostDog posted:

WHY? Why only .02 seconds? I could concede if you made it into the 41s. I could just go "Welp, I lost" and back out gracefully. But .02 seconds? I can surely find another .03 seconds! I might even get lucky and only need to drive another thirty. loving. laps.
If you think that's bad, yes we nyan and I have been doing this over the course of an entire second.

We're now in the 1:41s... :v:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

fuckpot posted:

Because of no weather and no night racing I won't be buying this.

Those were the two things I really hoped they would implement in Forza 4 :(
With the current 360 architecture they could either have 60fps constant or weather/night racing. I would take 60fps constant every time.

Also, There's alot more to weather and night racing than the shaders. Entirely new tire data would be needed for the different grip levels due to the dampness of the track and the decreased temperature respectively.

Not many sims have managed to get rain 'right', and most don't even factor in the less grippy nature of the track due to the track temperature being lower at night.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I have a preorder with gameplay and a preorder with gamestation, so hopefully one of those will go through.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Dr JonboyG posted:

Yes, 1992 NSX-R, Suzuka.
Yessssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFDHvqd0ICM

Onboard footage of his lap here. Such a classy dude, heel-toe shifting with loafers on.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Remember that the LF-A and 458 Italia are both reward cars for the career mode too.

Also gosh darn, those engine sounds...

Spaceman, how does the Ferrari 355 Challenge sound? It was an angry angry girl in FM2 with the exhaust mods, but sounded kind of dumbed down in 3.

e: Everyone should at least try GTCC. I haven't raced with them for ages due to work commitments, but it's a blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kajPdMUWX1Q

Here's a race edit I made of our A600 Front engine RWD American car race. (group 2 best group 2)

Falken fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 11, 2011

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Bodacious Bagel posted:

Alright so I got the game last night at midnight at Walmart, played for a few hours and I love it already. I've been a diehard fan of Forza since the beginning, and consider myself to be an above average racer (all assists off, clutch, etc.). The reason I'm saying this is because I SO BADLY want to buy a Fanatec wheel so I can become even better and enjoy the game more. However, the $500 total for the wheel+pedals+shifter is the only thing holding me back. For those of you that have the Fanatec setup, is it worth it? If it makes any difference I put roughly 100+ hours into Forza 3, so I should be playing F4 for a long long time as well.

tl;dr: Should I spend $500 on a Fanatec wheel, pedals and shifter?
Yes.

FM3 was good with the Fanatec wheel, but FM4 is leagues ahead of even that. You get so much valuable feedback from the tires with the FFB that you'll be smooth as silk with some practice.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

My copy should be here tomorrow. Who is going to run the UK group? I'll volunteer mainly because I'll be putting so much time into the drat game that I'll always be around to ensure people get in.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Same reason as FatboYgw, gameplay. They usually deliver 1 or 2 days ahead of release.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Can you use the kinect to look to your direct left or right to ensure you don't smash into someone when overtaking?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

The Fanatec CSR wheel is allegedly better than the GT2 as the wheel rim itself is lighter and 'faster' than the porsche wheel, however it does look very toy-like and doesn't have alcantara all over it, only at parts of 3 and 9 on the wheel.

I drive the race room one (F1 2010 style car) in race 07 and can go lock to lock very fast with my GT2 so I dunno what else that'd bring to the table.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Ringo Star Get posted:

Realized that my Clubsport brake pedal vibrates when I max out the brakes...owns owns owns owns.
You can adjust the vibrate point by adjusting "ABS" on the wheel itself.

e: Thanks Jarf. Unless there are any objections, I will form the EU group tomorrow!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Minimaul posted:

When I noticed mine wasn't on the receipt I went back in and told them and they got me a new receipt with a code printed.

Some people are saying that switching from 900 to 270 is a work around for now.

this thread
I'd rather just go skint than use such a plebian degrees of rotation. :smug:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

GhostDog posted:

Soooo, do we have a Euro club and how do I get in?

Also, Freude am Fahren.
Not yet, but I will set one up as soon as I get the game tomorrow.

Any suggestions for the name?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

quote:

^ I took the Yaris because that's what I drive in real life, and if you don't buy/drive your IRL car in every game you can, you a scrub.

Oh, I would... but my car is a Porsche 944. :(

Well played, EA.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Jarf posted:

Oooh that gives me hope, I was anticipating my copy arriving yesterday as they shipped it on Monday. Finger crossed for it arriving today.

Although the post probably won't show up until 10 minutes after I leave the house meaning I'll have to wait until tomorrow to go and pick it up from the post office myself :britain:

Eurogrüppen to the end!

edit: got my copy now, trust it to arrive 5 minutes before I have to leave. 4 hours till the Forzapocalypse!
The club will be called Something Awful Eurogrüppen with the acronym being SAEG.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

shodanjr_gr posted:

So where's the LLJK v2.0 club?
Is that for US goons or are you in Europe? If it's the latter, I'll be forming the EU group as soon as I get the game. Which will hopefully be within the next hour or so.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Attention!

Anyone who wants into the SA Eurogruppen club please give me your gamertag. I think there's alot of plebs trying to get in.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Hi, my name is Dominic Toretto.

The PI system is incredible in this game. This car was pulling laptimes that my 355 Challenge was capable of.

Yes, it's very tail happy, but it keeps surging forward even if it is pointed 45 degrees away from the corner exit.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Jarf, could you possibly handle any SAEG invites for tonight? I should be doing this, but I just worked a 13 and a half hour day split in two, so I'm absolutely loving knackered and I have to get up in 4 hours to watch the Korean Grand Prix.

I'll be making ammends by adding some tuned cars to the club, such as my crazy fun (and competitive) aeroless 2010 Camaro and 2009 Challenger.

By the way, anyone who has added cars to SAEG's garage without a tune or even parts to bring it up to the top of one of the car class tiers, could you please possibly pull them and just add a tune? If it's a car that anyone can own (non unicorn) and you don't feel confident to tune the car, shoot it my way (GT: Kal Reegar ) and I'll set it up.

It's just that they'll rarely get used if they're not specced up to a class you see. :(

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Sunday Punch, have you considered making a Kerbal Space Program livery? What with your heavy involvement with modding in parts.

I'd drive any car with :jeb: on the side.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Brace posted:

How do the rival races that you do online work? Most of them are showing 500CR and I've seen people talking in this thread about 50k per event or whatever.
Picking rivals higher up the leaderboard will net you more bounty.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Jarf, got any screenshots of the Nurburgring GP and Norschlife races?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Thanks very much, Dirtyworker!

Falken fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Oct 17, 2011

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Ok sandwich, will get on it

e: in the disclaimer text, there's a section that says

"The views and opinions made by Top Gear are not that of Turn 10 or Microsoft studios" hahaha

e2:

grande diabolik, greenflash7 and Cute as Heck have been added to SAEG.

Falken fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Oct 18, 2011

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I really really like driving the NASCAR/stock cars on road courses, goddamn. I hope we can do some road course NASCAR funtimes, fellow SAEG members!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Oh hey, look what found it's way into the SAEG garage.

It is awesome to drive by the way. 2100lbs, so it handles well and stops on a dime, and the handling is beautiful, coupled with over four hunnert horse powah.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Turn 10 are on about some extra bonus for LCE owners who also have season pass.

Also, the replay cameras for Road Atlanta have been completely overhauled. None of those stupid cameras that just hover over the car anymore, and alot of trackside TV cameras.

I need to watch more replays to see what else has been changed.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Huh, it's pretty cool that R class race cars have more upgrade options, namely tire width to allow them to reach the top of their PI class, which should make each of them much more useful.

I had a good go of the McLaren #43 F1 and my god the drat thing is like a rocket.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Brainwrong posted:

Does anyone know of a guide along the lines of "How To Drift in FM4 For Idiots Who Can't Seem To Do It"?
Either use the e-brake or turn the wrong way initally into a corner before swinging yourself around hard to the direction of the turn. The resulting body-roll will cause the car to pendulum out. Otherwise known as a Scandinavian flick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwqmZFhI0co

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Or SAEG, we're all racing fans there, and buddies.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I've never had the bug, but then I tend to have a little opposite-lock every now and then. :v:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

GT: Kal Reegar

Nice idea, I might try something similar at a later date.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

We were doing a time trial on Nurburgring Norschliefe with R1s, which was fun as hell.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I made a good B500 Delorean, I could dish the tune out to people.

Sunday Punch, could you add the "QUIT GETTIN' MAD AT VIDEOGAMES" panel to that?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKP1iFtved0

I think the 30 second rolloff difference between class 1 and 2 was a great idea.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Well, I made a fast 1971 Skyline.

So I covered it in Touhou, oops.

(bahahaha, nice error there Turn 10)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

xzzy posted:

If you're bored, you can experiment with this in your real world car. Either fill a clear bottle of water and put it in a cup holder, watch how the fluid reacts when you slam the brakes versus smoothly lean on the brakes. Or if you have a flat dashboard, put a quarter on it and try to keep it from sliding around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9-z4C3aAxE
^^^ xzzy irl ^^^

• Locked thread