Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Anybody else kind of mediocre want to Rival up with me? 1.50 / 1.50.520 / 1.29.303 on the demo rival races, all clean. GT is besny

edit
Randombraking at the bottom of the ferrari rivals hill is PISSING ME OFF SO MUCH

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

God drat Best Buy didn't give me my preorder code. Motherfuckers.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Trip report: Intro video is amazing. "Here is a one lap celebration of speed in the Bernese Alps" I can't imagine read by anyone except Ben Stein.

edit
Second trip report: If I quit the one lap speed celebration DON'T MAKE ME WATCH THE INTRO VIDEO AGAIN

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I've had this game for 5 hours and I've only played like 20 minutes. Installing the discs + a date with A GIRL takes too much god drat time. If I ever find a way to combine a date, installing Forza, and loving racing, I will never ever do anything else ever again.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

None of you believed just how bad I am until I caused an 8 car pileup on NASCAR and lost by 6 miles. Soccer was awesome, stacking behind a hummer to push the other team is the best. Still really want to try it with koenigseggs and all assists off though.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

R3 Ka is the best car. Admit it.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Cannot Find Server posted:

Excuse me, R3 Ka's last night was pretty much the greatest thing ever :colbert:

Well, greatest thing behind Elise vs. Hummer.

Really want to see me driving under Cube's Hummer. And 3 Hummers spontaneously flipping / rolling on a straight.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

If there is a community dlc pack again, who wants to start a campaign for the ford lightning, 1151 hmmwv (milspec with roughly a billion ft-lbs that tops out at 75), the unimog, mrap, or that crowdsourced off roader that I can't remember the name of?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

The r3 ka isn't far off a robin as far as stability goes. I rolled it at least 5 times in one lap, once going 12mph, and I still had the best time and only clean lap. Going to lift it as far as she'll go tonight and gently caress around with some camber and platform settings. My dream is to one day have a car in the top 3% of drag that literally is unable to take corners.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

xzzy posted:

AWD still gets ridiculous launches and are really forgiving on corner exit, so they aren't completely out of the game.

It's gonna take a week or two for everyone to figure out the mechanics, and we'll start to see "cheater cars" again.. it's an inevitability.

I think they get at least a hundred pi "penalty" for launching so quick and being ridiculously easy to recover. Silverstone especially, since it's so easy to eat poo poo on the majority of the corners, can be dominated until the back straight.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I'll host LLJK again tonight, wide open 40mbps fttc and I actually have a mic and listen to what people want. But I'm not staying past midnight mountain time, I slept through my alarm this morning because you fuckers kept saying "1 more race" until 230.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

AwwJeah posted:

Also it's hysterical that the most driven car in our garage is that R3 Ka. I gave it a spin and Jesus I think it has jelly for suspension.

That's because it's fuckin awesome. And because when i'm the room host I basically force people to use it at least a couple times a night.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Taking a vote, would the ka be better or worse if I actually made it driveable? I like that it levels the playing field for the most part by being a greased marble on a glass track but I think it could actually be useful / great at trolling if it wasn't so shittastic.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Just like to point out that the Ford Ka has the fastest club time and 310th in the world on R3 Alps Stadtplatz. That is all.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

AwwJeah posted:

How is that even possible? :psyduck:

I couldn't get past second gear without it jumping up and down like a god damned jack-russell terrier.

It is a hoot, though.

Odette posted:

That's so wrong. I upgraded it to A 55 something today and it's ridiculously hard to control.

I've done a tiny little bit of tuning to it.

Speaking of, quick tuning question. The outside tire eats itself up coming out of turns, is that diff lock accel up or down?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Hey guys the Ka is 20/14309 in the world on R3 Tsukuba, and I'm a lovely driver and tuner. Need to make up 9 seconds between the two tracks to take 1st.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Seems like they should have waited to do game with devs until after the servers were loving load tested?

edit
And they should have called it goonbus with devs because gently caress it I'm using the goonbus as long as they keep it on b class

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 15, 2011

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

The R3 Ka now has some exciting sponsors and an actually very decent (non gimmick) tune. Now time to spend 5 hours getting the ANDROID logo text just right.

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 16, 2011

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I'll play again soon. Horrible combination of Dell's stupid update causing BSOD loop and one of the guys I was in Iraq with died on the table during surgery. Been a lovely week.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I did a bad thing...

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

AwwJeah posted:

i see this and raise you:

:shepface: and the passenger side is written backwards...

Did you make that? How the hell did you do the face?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Really don't want to do the other side though, letters are loving TEDIOUS

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Kilonum posted:

Group them with RT, push in the left stick and press X to copy. Go to the other side and paste. Much less tedious.

also, I present M. Rossi.wmv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glnip_krsHI

Yeah, still a lot of rearranging though.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Dodge Dart PI is broken. 825HP, 2349lbs, C392. Every upgrade but the tranny and it'll stay at 392.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Ziploc posted:

And it has no top speed because of it.

Cataluna school, Iberian mini...

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Photo contest, help me decide

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I think this is the best I can do with the Leaf.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I sent a request to AUGR, LLJK just isn't very active anymore.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

gently caress all Microsoft's marketing, the only thing so far that's made me want to change my preorder from PS4 to XBONE is that the Ford Transit at S692 will hit 210 on Mulsanne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

[AUGR]besny
C425 Sedona Lotus Elan 1:24.145
R2 Road America #007 DBR9 2:03.518
D350 Road Atlanta Hybrids Nissan Leaf 1:12.752 (already posted this, you didn't update it)

I'm awful at this game

edit
R1 Road Atlanta #66 ARX-02a 1:10.356

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 4, 2013

• Locked thread