Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!
A goon got the collectors edition, last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

AFewBricksShy posted:

I don't see the stig pack or ultimate pack on xbl. The only thing I see is a trailer for the ultimate pack. Anyone got a link for either?

You have to buy a physical copy of the Ultimate Edition; http://www.amazon.com/Forza-3-Ultimate-Platinum-Xbox-360/dp/B0046CC4R0/ref=dp_ob_title_vg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
If he is like me, he falls into the camp that is more concerned about real world race tracks, than cars. But Forza 4 has some of my absolute favorite tracks, mixed with the ALMS race cars, so it's a no brainer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Turn-10 said it takes one year to create a race track.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
There is someone selling the Limited Edition, used, on Amazon for $5,222 if you are desperate enough.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Don't link to GTPlanet please. They are horrible mouth breathers that are convinced that Forza is a arcade racing series.

GhostDog posted:

What else did you mean by "They could have just patched this"?

I think he is talking about how GT5 is getting a new physics engine patched in. Which is ridiculous to expect anyone else to do the same. Forza 3 didn't come out in a beta state, like GT5 did. I still like GT5 a lot, but that was the most unfinished game i've ever bought (and I bought Anarchy Online) and it still feels like i'm playing a beta test.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 7, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Gametrailers has a pretty good review out now; http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-forza-motorsport/722007

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Sex Vicar posted:

EA thought they were going to be competing in the sim market with the Need For Speed: Shift spin-off which is probably why they yanked the licence. Of course Shift 2 bombed spectacularly so it's unlikely they will be going back to it. So hey, maybe Porsche DLC in the future once EA gets over it's own hump.

They won't be going back to it, at least not anytime soon and on a different developer. Slightly Mad parted ways with EA on bitter terms. SMS is now making a PC exclusive sim, they are going back to their SimBin days.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
The Best Buy ad in the Sunday paper claims they will have the collectors edition on Tuesday. This is probably a lie, the paper is outdated; I know this because it listed the ipod touch 4th gen for $230, meaning it was made before the price drop announcement this week. Just wanted to mention that so no one has a case of blue balls on Tuesday morning.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
If you get the standard edition and dont pre-order, and don't have FM3 on your xbox, what cars will you be missing out on, that you can never get?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Minimaul posted:

You can still get the unicorn cars (17 of them) in FM4 through the auction house and sponsored events. The VIP cars will become available to everybody in the future, eventually. The cars that 'import' are all in FM4 and you can get them, you're just not gifted them to start with 16 cars when you start the game.

With the standard addition you'll miss out on the 5 VIP/LCE and BMW Art car pack.

You can still purchase the Muscle Car Pack - or the Season Pass (which gives you the muscle car pack). You'll get 5 Day one cars cars, bmw m5, benchmark tracks, top gear soccer field.

Thank you! :) So you're not missing really anything at all basically, especially if the VIP pack can be purchased later on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

pvax posted:

Oh my dear god .... I am crying tears of joy while my ears bleed red nectar.

This clip is almost NWS because of how sexy it sounds

God drat. :fap:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

GreatGreen posted:

The sounds in Forza make me wonder what kind of a colossal fuckup decided to record GT5's car noises by putting the mics around the engines instead of around the exhausts.

I mean seriously.

The cars in GT5 sound more like a food blender. Every single one of the 1000+ cars in that game, sound incorrect.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
If you were forced to drive with ABS and TCS on some cars, most sim racing fans would throw an absolute fit and refuse to buy the game, claiming it wasn't a sim.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Cojawfee posted:

The funny thing is that it would be a sim, since it is simulating the car.

I really think you would have a hard time convincing a lot of the hardcore sim fans that though. I spend quite a bit of time on sim racing forums, and they can get angry pretty easily, over the dumbest things. To be fair, these people are impossible to please, so Turn-10 should just do what they think is best.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Ringo Star Get posted:

An easy way to start a fight on a sim racing forum is to post a thread saying that NASCAR is one of the worst racing sports in the history of sports and that it is the easiest thing that anyone can do.

I like to bash rFactor (it's a legitimately horrible sim that isn't realistic at all, but somehow people have latched onto it and considered it the most realistic sim to date), that gets people riled up. Bashing NASCAR on the iRacing forums produces some golden moments though, yes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Brownie posted:

Really? Any details or anything? That actually sounds like an interesting read. I wouldn't think it would be an issue but maybe I've no idea how the Atom's suspension works.

I just remember discovering that thing in PGR3 and it being the best part of that game.

Ooh man, the PGR series is the best arcade racing series ever. I really hope Microsoft makes a new one someday, even though the original developer is gone now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
GT5 got a massive new update today, and it's pretty awesome, but i'm still super jealous and want Forza 4. D: I hope I can get the game soon, it just won't be at release.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Lyer posted:

If you can drop a few hundred on a fanatec, you can drop a few hundred on an xbox. :v:

I can't drop a few hundred on a fanatec. D: But I have a $150 Best Buy gift card, so an Xbox 360 is probably happening.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
If I can get screenshots of the American Le Mans Race Cars, that would be grand. :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

kombatMedik posted:

Probably man. Online play of any kind usually requires Gold.

You didn't need gold for the demo, so that's why people are asking.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Is M. Rossi back?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

TannhauserGate posted:

Compared to Forza 3, Forza 4 is better in every aspect that any car-loving person cares about.

Top 5 areas of improvement:
1. The game throws money at you. You will never have to grind for credits.
2. Manufacturer affinity at level 4 makes all upgrade parts 100% free. See point 1.
3. The tire model is massively improved, no more losing control on the redline.
4. Wheel-to-wheel lock and steering assist is fixed, making everything better.
5. There's so much more to do. So, so much more.
Bonus Number 6. The improved sound in F4 does things to your dangly parts.

No Porsche is the only downside for Forza 4. :smith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

einTier posted:

Here's the list of cars you should be buying when you level up.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6338910/forza-4-free-reward-cars-price-guide/index.html

Nope, level 1 is gonna be the 2009 Scion xD for me because that's what my parents own. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I put this in the LLJK club garage. S class. Fukken rules.

God, that is so sexy. :fap:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
You start getting a lot of money is how I understood it. The 50 - 150 grind is suppose to be very long.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

BlazeKinser posted:

Wow, for a completely fictional vehicle they sure put a lot of detail into the Warthog's presentation. It'd be hilarious if the final DLC car pack included this as a driveable option.

Enough people are asking for it and the car is already finished, so I don't see why not. I really expect this to be DLC as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
You can get suspended if you take it online and someone reports it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

sandoz posted:

Good lord the 908 Sport Total cockpit view is like looking out of a drinking straw. I hope the rest of the prototypes aren't this bad...

This is from Autovista and it's hardly any better in an actual race.

It's no wonder two Audi drivers got into horrific crashes at this years 24 hours of Le Mans. They can't see poo poo and their drivers weren't use to these sort of closed cockpit race cars that are doing 200+ mph most of the time on the track.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

GT5 looks like a ps2 game compared to this

That's because half of it is a PS2 game converted to HD.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Sunday Punch posted:

So glad I went with the 037. Shared in the GTCC clubroom

Everyone needs to go do the Top Gear rivals challenge with the Radical on the 'Ring. It's so much fun!

I love that vinyl a lot. :shlick:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Sunday Punch posted:

Well it's on my storefront so it's available to anyone that wants it!

It's gonna be the first vinyl I buy when I can finally get this game. Next month probably.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Was reading on the official forums, that Turn-10 made drag racing a lot more interesting and challenging. You can't just floor the gas anymore, otherwise you spin out, it actually requires some skill.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

AwwJeah posted:

Is anyone else disappointed by all the Top Gear integration they were hyping for this game? Having the track and the rivals challenges is nice, but I was kind of expecting to hear Jeremy Clarkson's soothing narrations throughout the game. Instead he gets a few opening lines for the cars in Autovista before the other English narrator takes over.

Not really a big deal, it isn't taking away from my enjoyment but I was kind of hoping Top Gear analysis things. would permeate the game a little more.

I wasn't expecting him to have many lines in the game, when it was first announced. He is way to expensive of a personality.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

DrNutt posted:

Quick question about the 240 mph achievement, does anyone have any tips on how it would be easiest to get?

I spent about ten laps around the benchmark high speed ring in the loving Veyron last night and came up short by 1 mph. Am I just terrible or am I missing something obvious?

How long is the straight on that? Try Le Mans without the chicanes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Are there any Group C Le Man Prototypes in Forza 4?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can we steal the OP from this Forza 4 thread? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447666

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Sunday Punch posted:

Finished my DTM replica E30

too bad I can't put the right wheels on it

This will be the first vinyl I buy. This is a fantastic job.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Sunday Punch posted:

Thanks man, I appreciate it. But you already said the Lancia was going to be the first thing you bought so you need to make up your mind :colbert:

Ooh god, so many options. :qq: I'll buy everything that goons make. I was one of the hardcore players in GT5 that dedicated a lot of time to acquiring everything, so Forza 4 should not be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

GreatGreen posted:

It'll never happen in a million years because it's Mircosoft's baby but I would kill for this game to come out on PC.

It sucks that they won't consider a PC port, but yeah it would be awesome if it did happen. This is Microsofts flagship Xbox 360 series though and they don't care about PC games anymore.

• Locked thread