Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Nope.

Also, managed to edge Athanatos' best time in a Zonda by 0.265" seconds. I might be able to get it under 1'48" with a controller but anything more than that will require a wheel. drat she's a beast to drive.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

GOD IS BED posted:

Please say I'm not the only person who will force every person who visits my house to run the Top Gear track and put their times on a powerboard.

redhalo posted:

This is a fantastic idea and I'm totally going to do this.
For the rare times I get visitors, I will also be doing this. :D

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Good Dog posted:

My other question is are you required to have a clean lap before you can have another clean lap? Like if I clip another car or wall in lap 1, my lap 2 automatically starts out as dirty. Is it supposed to be like this where it takes a full clean lap 2 to try for a clean lap 3?
It depends on when the lap goes dirty. From what I remember, as long as you didn't dirty the lap in the last section of the track prior to the start/finish, the next lap will start clean.

If you do botch the run in the last section, rewind past the incident and complete the lap. The rewind will mark the lap as dirty, but the next one will start clean.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

5 hours till I can pick up my LCE.
*stares at clock*

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Went ahead and sent a request for LLJK. If somehow you really can do multiple car clubs, GTCC would be neat, once everyone gets properly sorted.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Does anyone know if it's possible to roughly reproduce pantone shades in the livery editor, or shoudl I just try and eyeball the shade I'm going for?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

xzzy posted:

You can do HSV with the "color fine tune" option, so if you find a way to convert pantone to HSV, you should be good to go.

Eyeballing it is probably good enough though. Most people gently caress around with their TV settings so there's no guarantee they're ever seeing the same color you are.
I found if I really want to sperg, I can open a pantone image in my paint program, and the eyedropper tool will give me fairly close HSV levels, so that's pretty useful!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

100 people max.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Anyone figured out if you can disable the dirty lap penalty for custom online races?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Logue posted:

I think I got my video games confused:

Did you make that? :D

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Went on a vinyl buying spree tonight. Lot of good stuff tagged LLJK. :D

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Goodpart posted:

Is there a SA logo vinyl yet? I made the one people used in Forza 3, so I can get on it again if it doesn't already exist.

This game's beautiful, by the way. Simply beautiful.
Search for LLJK in the vinyl group storefront, I saw one or two logos in there.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

xzzy posted:

Would probably need a thread in PGS and an xbox username to sa forums username mapping. And a club leader with the energy to boot anyone who doesn't get verified.
Should already be a spreadsheet with SA forum usernames and GT's:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au3ezolOd-59dDFGRWRIV0xZQWVuc1d1UTNfTnJsY3c&hl=en_US

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I really enjoy the F200 version of the Ka and I think a great tune for it would make it even more fun.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Brace posted:

So what do you guys do other than Career(not including online stuff)?
Working on a project to reproduce my car ingame (not that hard really), and learning how to use the livery editor to make really neat designs. Looking for a tutorial on the advanced aspects of the editor online.

Though it's online, I've also created a sort of rally-style multiclass time attack ruleset.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

pvax posted:

My F200 Ka has earned me so much money on the Starter Car Rivals event. It's a simple tune that's up for free on Storefront - just look for the one by PLOP that like 400+ people have DL'ed.
I'll have to snag this when I get home tonight. I really like the Ka at full F HP tune, it's surprisingly nimble.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Unless I am missing it, there isn't a way to "bookmark" certain users in the storefront is there? I think this would be a great addition for a future patch.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

blodycoughbynewport posted:

Hey does anyone know how to convert from RGB/CYMK/HSV to forza's HSB?
I've found the SV/SB parts are 1:1, but the hard part is converting proper Hue into Forza's Hue. The proper Hue scale is 0-360, however Forza goes from 0.00 to 1.00. In the end I've just been eyeballing it and hoping for the best. I wish Forza devs could either convert to a 0-360 scale in a future patch, or maybe explain a good way of deriving an in-game Hue number from the normal HSV scale.

*late edit*
I think I figured it out!
  • Eyedrop the color you want in an HSV/HSB compatible program (Photoshop/Paint.NET/GiMP)
  • Take the Hue number, multiple by 100, divide result by 360
    (EG, H code of 225 * 100 == 22500 / 360 = 62.5)
Try it and see if it works.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 15, 2011

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Created my first vinyl, a 1982 Nevada cobalt blue license plate. I think the rounded corners might be a smidge off, but it looks good! Can't find myself if I search for "Nevada", but I assume that's because the game excludes results that include your own items.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

ElwoodCuse posted:

Does it have the BDR 529 Illinois plate?

GhostDog posted:

As far as I can tell there's no way to add a plate :(
You should be able to make a license plate vinyl pretty easily of that old IL license plate. Hell I can give it a crack after I get home from work late tonight if it hasn't already been done. It won't be dead on accurate, but it'll do the trick.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Has anyone found a good Forza vinyl tutorial site with basic to advanced lessons on how to create the neat designs out there?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeah the plate in the movie was really plain. The vinyl should be super easy.

I'm gonna need your gamertag so I can send you the plate. It's not going to be spot on perfect, but I think it's fairly close. :D

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

How do you handle putting horizontal stripes on a car where the front or rear quarter panels are curved? Been toying with this on my Datsun 510 and I can't get it to stay straight on the front.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

SirViver posted:

I'd actually recommend finding a short and easy track, something that you can quickly memorize so you can work on your lines and shifting without wondering what the next corner might be.
Laguna Seca might be a good option. Lap times are less than two minutes a throw for most cars, and 80% of the corners require some sort of shifting (depending on the performance of the car).

Also:

ElwoodCuse posted:

TrampolineBear
You need to add me on XBL so I can send the license plate your way!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Here is my horrible, horrible Datsun 510 paintjob:
http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?id=879040&full=true

The game doesn't let me run a single horizontal stripe from front to back, it curves along the fender to the hood/bumper area. If I try to rotate or skew it, the whole thing gets thrown off. How am I supposed to make this work? use two separate layers, one for the rear to the door hinge, and a second for the fender?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Kicking around a custom race type, wanted to see if there might be any interest:

Seed F Road Rally
-----------------

2 classes, F Stock and F Open.
F Stock is just as it sounds, straight stock F class cars, not even paintjobs.
F Open allows anything up to F200 tuning.
  • Race against the clock.
  • 10-15 second pause between each driver starting their run.
  • Fastest clean lap down the hill wins the stage.
  • Full simulation driving.
  • Full simulation damage.
  • Ghost collision.
This can be a one-lap attack of an existing circuit, or each of the Fujimi/Nurburgring stages.

If you can really run a maximum of 11 AI and 16 players at the same time, I could open it up even more with 4 classes. Perhaps F Stock/Open and A Stock/Open.

Would anyone be interested?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I'm still dicking around with F and E class cars myself.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

xzzy posted:

Turn 10 should start a new franchise. License the '24 Hours of Lemons' name, and fill it to the brim with rusted and/or smashed up economy cars. You get a $500 budget to buy and upgrade the car (you can sell parts such as doors to stay under budget) and then take it out to race.
I would play the hell out of that, as I find I have much more fun driving the F and E classes in this game.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Edmund Honda posted:

日産プリンス販売会社 which apparently means 'Nissan Prince dealership'...?
After the Prince Motor Company/Nissan merger, the Prince name was used for a network of Nissan dealerships in Japan that sold and maintained Skylines (among other models), until in 1999 Nissan reorganized the entire dealership network into "Red Stage" and "Blue Stage".

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%97%A5%E7%94%A3%E3%83%BB%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E5%BA%97

http://translate.googleusercontent....zQHpCT3LMKIyhWA

Bentai fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 26, 2011

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Sorry about dropping out of the LLJK race unannounced, managed to mash press the wrong buttons without thinking. It worked out though, since it was dinner time!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I'm having a bitch of a time figuring out how to make the kangaroo's from the following crest:
http://www.sigaustralia.com/images/userfiles/Australia-police.jpg

Any suggestions? Each attempt I've done turns out like long cat with huge floppy feet. :(

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Tonight's Forza 4 multiplayer:

Came for the racing, stayed for Perfect Grade's horrible jokes. :D

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

How often do you guys do the 510 spec series? I really love driving my F200-tuned model and would want in on this.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

der juicen posted:

I also have trouble upgrading good. :downs:
Before you throw on power mods, upgrade the brakes, tires, flywheel, clutch, gearbox, etc. A sorted out suspension setup along with stickier tires makes a world of difference.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Hockenheim is great fun with F-class cars. I can take a few of the corners without even lifting the throttle! :D

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I didn't even realize that there was a Forza 4 thread because I'm a huge loving idiot. I added my info to the spreadsheet. If anyone wants to add me and get together for some races, I'm usually available on the weekends.

Anybody here into Spec Miata or Historic Trans-Am stuff?
Spec Miata would be neat, but I work weekends. :/

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I forget who was asking tonight about the South American circuit that runs around a lake, but I think I found it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potrero_de_los_Funes_Circuit
http://www.gt1world.com/calendar/circuit/san-luis
http://www.gt1world.com/news/article/stunning-venue-for-gt1s-grand-finale

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Hello Spaceman posted:

Ideally something that shows off how good the game looks, I guess. Whether it's a detail shot of something on a car or a panoramic setting with a car winding up Fujimi. In fact, yeah. Let's just aim for "fairly realistic or good looking" photos this time. If enough people post pics, even if just to liven up this thread, we can make the next one something like "action shots".
I'm lacking bigshot images, but I've got some pretty nice looking regular ones, will that do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Jarf posted:

Cross posting pics from a Datsun 510 spec race with the SAEG crew (click for biggie)
I need to get in on this, you guys do weekday races?

• Locked thread