Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
Is there a limit to how many players can be in the same car club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
Do you guys think that using simulation steering will give drifters a significant advantage? I'm really just trying to decide whether I want to get used to it or not, because I really like the assisted steering in regular driving in the demo.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
So how do the rotary engines sound? Any different compared to Forza 3? Just curious cause my RX-7 FD is one of my favorite drifting cars. :3:

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

Ziploc posted:

The FD Spirit R Unicorn car I drove for a few hours last night sounded legit.

Having to wait until Friday to play this is killing me. :emo:

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

xzzy posted:

To continue the shift talk, a lot of the higher end cars have visual indicators when it's time to shift.. usually mounted in the steering wheel. Most of them will flash the LED's once when it's time to shift.

Some of those cars have pretty short gears, and you'll find the car telling you to shift before you think you need to. But if the car is stock, those shift points will be tuned for the engine's power band, so you should do it anyways.

The only reason not to shift is that most of those cars sound their best when near redline, and sometimes you just gotta let the car sing.

After getting used to a car for a while, I can shift just by listening to the sound of the engine.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
That's totally going to be my first storefront purchase. :3:

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

Logue posted:

I think I got my video games confused:

Initial D nerd chiming in. :3:

ROOMBA floorvac fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 14, 2011

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

der juicen posted:

Just picked up FM4 and having a blast. So thrilled I could change the controls around, I was worried for a second. LLJK is full, so Southpaw, you're my only hope.

We have to be in a car club together juicen. SERIOUSLY.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

der juicen posted:

gently caress, kick someone out. It will be old times!

I'm not in one yet! We should just make our own with people from the COD night crew. :3:

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

der juicen posted:

Who all has the game? I know Goldblum does.

Go to this website:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Profile.aspx?gt=roomba floorvac

Enter your GT and it will show you which friends on your xbl friends list have it.

Edit: I will be on sometime soon and chat with you about this on xbl or send you a message.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
I installed both of the discs on my hdd; however, it is still reading from the disc. Is this normal? I'm just used to my 360 being quiet when I play games.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it stops spinning the disc after a few minutes.

ROOMBA floorvac fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 15, 2011

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
Applying to GISH under GT ROOMBA floorvac.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

Al Harrington posted:

haha I'd love to see a bigshot of the finish line if you get a chance

I never hit anyone on purpose but I do recall accidentally taking a couple people out during those S and above class races because those cars are so twitchy with all the assists off. Its more fun to have a full field of slower vehicles vying for position all game.

I somehow managed to get hosed over EVERY race. But it was a lot of fun. :3:

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
Sorry about bailing so soon on you guys last night. I'm on-call and of course I got called in during the middle of the epic full course Fujimi race.
That pissed me off so much too because I was having an epic battle with someone (in a white car??) with my blue WRX. Whoever it was, sorry for bumping you so much. :3:

Oh, I'm ROOMBA floorvac btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
Are there any straight up time trials for Fujimi Kaido in the rivals section? I love racing against people with traffic, but I would rather have a straight up time trial without the traffic.

• Locked thread