Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Cannot Find Server posted:

I can throw an LF-A

Care to hook another brotha up? I just bought Forza 3 three a week ago to get a head start when Forza 4 ships. Just grinding to lvl 20 so I can have a Veyron.

Actually any of the import cars gifted would be swell. Gamertag is: What Is Nachoz

Got it! Thanks Cubivore!

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Who knew I could be so pissed from a limited edition video game preorder being cancelled? Not me.

If anyone grabs an extra copy I will reward you handsomely.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Put in request for LLJK car club.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Pudgygiant posted:

R3 Ka is the best car. Admit it.

Just beat some rivals on Nurburgring GP circuit with that car. They were driving hypercars.

ACE!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My first mildly successful paintjob :3:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Gahhhhh stupid network errors. Every time I get an invite it is like a slap in the dick because I can't connect to you guys today :cry:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

If we got DLC that added more Group B rally cars and Group C LeMans cars I would poo poo my pants.

In Forza 3 were the DLC's awesome or ho-hum?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Would love more Group C Le Mans cars. Forza 4 only has one. Forza 3 had one from Porsche. :(

Can you imagine how sweet a 787B would sound with Forza's sound engineers? :awesome:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So I got the pre-order incentive RX7 Sprirt R, but cannot find a way to get the supposed other cars they just released. Are they still working on handing them out or do I have to do something to get them?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Oh God this car would actually kill me in real life. I have it tuned for maximum downforce and this still happens

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Jarf posted:

e: I'll post this too as I found it quite useful.
http://myforzagarage.com/wheel_weights.php
It's a list of all the wheels and their weight in Forza 4.

I just want to use this opportunity to say that Rota wheels suck major balls and shouldn't even be included in this game. They don't even know how to make their own style wheels and just steal designs from other manufacturers, and are known for low quality casting process.

Whenever I see Rotas on a track car an angel dies.

Thank you for reading my PSA.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

BrokenKnees posted:

I have a bad habit of putting the same Enkei rims that my real car has on every car in the game, mostly since my car is broken and I can't drive it.

If you are talking about RPF1's I have the same "problem" :ohdear:

vvvvv I wish I could even join LLJK races half the time to drop them

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 27, 2011

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Am I the only person in the world who doesn't think new Asston Martins are bitchin'?

Other than that a great pack. Has a little something for everyone.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I was bored and tried my hand at making a horrible car

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

T1g4h posted:

You better play Pacman Fever on repeat while you race.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Boosted_C5 posted:

Just an FYI for anyone else with season pass having trouble. If the new pack doesn't show up for you in the in-game marketplace, go to the xbox marketplace and download the scirocco, which is free. Then the whole pack will show up in the forza marketplace.

Thanks goon! Now if only I could find a trick to join online races 100% of the time :downs:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Putting RWD on the Lamborghini Aventador lowers the rating to S class. Hello LP-700-2 Valentino Balboni Edition.

Dat rear end :quagmire:

Dat rear end :downs:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

An F1 car in Forza makes sense since you can paint it to be whatever you want, unlike GT5. The differences between F1 cars isn't huge like a normal car. Hell, they could do Indy cars since they have a spec chassis and all look the same anyway.

Or just do what GT5 did, they have an unlicensed open-wheeled car called the Formula Gran Turismo.

Imagine racing historic F1/Indy cars before the dawn of aerodynamic shenanigans :awesome:

edit: VVVVV SHIIIIIIT, why do they have to ruin my dream by gimping their physics?!!!

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 2, 2011

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Brace posted:

What do you guys see as crucial race upgrades aside from Brakes(when available((because they're not on the GTR for some reason)) and Clutch/Springs?

Anything that lets you adjust a parameter in the tuning menu is useful assuming you know how to tune. That said, I rarely have room to buy power upgrades because of this.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

TannhauserGate posted:

I also toured Indy recently, and those people are gigantic redneck dickbags about F1. "They said they don't wan' eat no Indiana cookin', they brought they five-star chefs with 'em." Way to draw new attractions, guys.

<---From Indy: Hell, most the people only put up with Indy racing because it is historically significant. Most of the population doesn't even realize there is a MotoGP race there in August. :(

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Such a close race I thought we would tie.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So I can finally connect to races and I see that I wasn't missing anything.

Race 1: 5 people racing LMPs who can't drive for poo poo, Me in an E30 just trying to have a nice drive, some shitlord in a Toureg who was a good driver, but he was using it to ram me off the track like a 5 year old.

Race 2: 4 people racing ALMS cars who can't drive for poo poo, Me in an S class RWD Aventador wins 1st place [for the record I suck so this is amazing]

Race 3 More dumbass LMPs, but this time with someone yelling racist things at another player because they had a hot mic

GT5 seems to have way more serious racing in my opinion. I can't wait until all the people move to whatever ADHD game comes out next.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

hitze posted:

You are joining the wrong lobbies.

Pray tell where are the serious business lobbies?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

ihop posted:

What is your gamertag and when do you usually play?

Gamertag: What is Nachoz
Timezone: Japan, but I'm awake 0400-1900 EST
Club: LLJK

I need to prune my friend list of people who have moved on. I went crazy and tried to add all the goons on the spreadsheet and didn't realize you could only have 100 :downs:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I said come in! posted:

There is goon racing happening in a few minutes if anyone wants in.

I can see the lobby but it keeps saying can't connect. I have already opened all the ports and everything. Why do you hate me internet Gods? :negative:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I said come in! posted:

rumor of a new Hyundai

I will punch someone if it is a Veloster

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Cannot Find Server posted:

But the Veloster looks to be a pretty cool little car :confused:

It's just that I can name a hundred other cars I would rather have. We only get ten a month (I think) so I feel it utilizes resources that could be spent on something infinitely more awesome. I don't doubt the Veloster is a fun little car in real life.

Maybe some endurance racing Turn 10? :kiddo:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

General Probe posted:

All I want is a club with active membership,

This so much

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

wolrah posted:

edit: djfooboo, I beat your S5 flying lap around Hockenheim from a standing start :smug:.

Lol, I drive Hockenheim as little as possible. Not my fave.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Irish Legend posted:

This is the RX8 for the USTCC car for the race this evening. Its not perfect, but I may clean up the paintjob for next weeks race.

Jumping on the bandwagon saying this is awesome. It recalls the renown 787B just a bit too with the X. Plus added awesomness of deadmau5, rotor, and stormtrooper. Bravo Sir.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I said come in! posted:

:siren:1991 Mazda 787B:siren:

If this is a lie I will rage so hard.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I made a 787B rage comic but scrapped it out of respect for this thread's followers :smith:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

GOD IS BED posted:

couldn't even spring for a Fanatec, a shameful man cave

6 Terabytes of memory :suicide:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I live in Tokyo, I rubberneck all day

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Walp, my balls just dropped...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

1991 Mazda #55 Team Mazdaspeed 787B
2011 #2 Audi Sport North America R18 TDI
1986 #2 Audi Sport quattro S1
2011 Panoz #050 Panoz Racing Abruzzi
1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4

Dear Turn 10: Will you be my valentine? :h:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I don't understand why they thought closed cockpit with small windows was a good idea when every other car is open cockpit. It would only help in the rain maybe.

Aerodynamics win races.

edit: poo poo, beaten

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The 4GB model is a lie.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Jabs posted:

and most of them quite active.

Except me, my XBOX is in storage until I find a new place to live :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU