Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
What exactly is the Amazon preorder bonus? There's already an '08 and '11 WRX STi on the car lists I've seen around, which don't seem to include any of the other preorders like the CR-V or Clubman. Is the Amazon STi some unusual configuration?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
Forza 4 has so many great features but I so miss 2's option to swap the SVT Focus with a 2.3 liter engine. I loved that car. :(

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

wolrah posted:

Yeah, I'm sort of disappointed that the number of crazy swaps available went down. Those didn't take any more effort to offer, the data for the engines are all still there to support the cars they're still in, just not offered in the same combinations.
It wasn't even crazy. I drive a 2.3 liter Focus. :(

Your other point probably explains it though as there's no vehicle in the lineup that comes with one stock.

(there could be if they'd include a Caterham :argh:)

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
I also sent a request to GISH. My gamertag is Desmoseditious.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

djfooboo posted:

I just want to use this opportunity to say that Rota wheels suck major balls and shouldn't even be included in this game. They don't even know how to make their own style wheels and just steal designs from other manufacturers, and are known for low quality casting process.

Whenever I see Rotas on a track car an angel dies.

Thank you for reading my PSA.
Spoon won't sell anything in my bolt pattern. :(

I wish Forza at least included the Slipstream, if not real SW388s.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Shogunner posted:

Anyone else have a love of making horrendously ugly tuners?

:allears:
Is this based on a real car? Because I could be wrong but I don't think Nissan would ever be spelled out like that. It would be in English letters or it would be 日産. :spergin:

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

TannhauserGate posted:

(Not all choices shown)
There are some really good rivalries

Level 30 - Legend of Le Mans
1966 Ford GT40 MkII
1967 Ferrari 330 P4
Aw man I'm sitting at 29 and now I've got to hit 30 as soon as possible.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Q_res posted:

There's actually a third choice there too. Shelby Cobra Daytona coupe.
I liked it better when it sounded like an easy choice. :(

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

ANAmal.net posted:

This is actually the correct choice.
The GT40 is my first choice but buying it outright costs pocket change compared to the Daytona Coupe or the P4 so it feels like I shouldn't take it for free. :smithicide:

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Lyer posted:

So I've been wondering about this for a while, but are these anime cars real? I.E. Do they exist?

E: Dumb question, it's Japan, of course it exists. Is it pretty prevalent though?
Anime is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

ChocNitty posted:

The only thing I don't understand is why Forza or Gran Turismo doesn't simulate acceleration boosts from turbos, vtec engines, or toyota's vvtl-i engines.
It does. If you look at the dyno chart in the upgrade shop, engines with large turbochargers or variable valve timing have noticeable bends in the 4k-6k rpm area where that feature hits and the torque curve suddenly begins climbing faster.

• Locked thread