Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I bought a new Xbox so I can actually play this thing, finally. The only cars I need off the list in the OP are the LF-A and the 69 Camaro SS. Could anyone help me out with those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I have the Ultimate pack sample... pack. So yeah, if you can toss me an LFA that'd be all kinds of awesome.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Sunday Punch posted:

I was going to go with 'Forza Motorsport 4 - Say it with a T' but I thought better of it

Forza Motorsport 4 - Kinect-enabled Car Fondling

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I'm really liking the handling so far, even if it is more difficult. The Musclecar Race is so much fun, but I swear it's impossible to complete a clean lap in it. And the 458 Rivals race is pissing me off. It's so hard to be clean and fast, I can run clean and be about half a second behind UNDERGROUNDSPAZ, or I can beat his time by like 4 seconds, but I get my right wheels into the runoff area on one of the corners and invalidate my lap. Not to mention when I get the inside line on a traffic car, who then gleefully sidesweeps me like I'm not even there.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Standard Edition has a $10 credit listed, nothing for the LCE, which is sold out anyway.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Wow, lots of hard choices to make. And the level 6 rewards kinda piss me off, the Mustang is the only one of those cars to never see a Trans-Am track. Where's my '69 Boss 302 Turn 10? :argh:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yeah, but the Eliminator could be had with the Boss 302 engine on the street, and at least it actually set foot on a Trans Am track. Even if it was less successful than the earlier Cougars. I'm pretty sure the Boss 429 never raced on a track that deviated from straight.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I was fortunate enough to have a goon gift me the LFA, despite not owning the Stig/Ultimate pack. My Amazon order is still listed as 'Shipping soon', but once I get it and do my FM3 import I'd be glad to gift it to someone in Forza 3.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Call me crazy, but I really want to do Soccer with old 60s and 70s Muscle Cars.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Cannot Find Server posted:

Hummer H1's will be the correct way to do soccer.

That could also be fun. But a bunch of big, wallowy musclecars powersliding into each other? It would own.

And, sure enough, as soon as I made that last post my LCE got here. Yay!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Figure 8 racing sounds awesome, best possible use for the trucks and SUVs.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Alright, someone was asking about install size earlier. With all the DLC, Disc 2 installed and a game install it weighs in at 11GB. 7.6 GB of that is the game install, so Disc 2 + DLC is right around 3.4GB.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

ok, am I missing something, how do you access the Clarkson voice overs in Autovista?

Also, need some more goon friends for Rivals mode. GT: Qres

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Re-add me Bentron, you fucker.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Has anyone else noticed any unexpected cars? I had a race on Infineon earlier and saw a 2008-style Mustang GT500. I thought they had taken it out of the game, possible Unicorn?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Fatrick posted:

I thought the GTCC was the spreadsheet car club.

Though you can join multiple car clubs, so this is not an issue

Wait, I thought you could only join one. Are you sure about this?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Mandrel posted:

I told you all the Hummer was the best car for soccer.

The Hummer is only the best car for soccer if you're in a Hummer and they're not...

I'll let you figure out why that's not a good thing.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Just bitter about how much the King Cobra sucks. You have no power, why the gently caress won't you hook up? :argh:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I'd say rollcage and the lvl 1 weight reduction is the right call.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

They weren't kidding when they said the AI would use upgraded cars in 4. I just ran into my first really noticable one, the AI was running a B457 Mitsubishi Colt. :psyduck:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

TravBot posted:

I have to apologize to those I was racing with earlier. That classic Corvette was not fully stock. I had quick-upgraded it to D-class :blush:

That's ok, I still drat near beat you in the Starion. Just one more lap...

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The 69 Judge had a factory hood tach, so I don't think anything else in the game does. Though I wouldn't mind seeing an 80 Turbo Trans Am, just for the hood mounted boost gauge lights.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 13, 2011

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Apologies for those who had to race against my Fairlane Thunderbolt. It's setup for drag racing and won't turn for poo poo. But on the plus side you can sometimes pull wheelies coming out of corners, and I've been told it looks awesome when you get on the brakes.

It's in the club garage.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Protip: If someone other than the person who put it up removes a car from the club garage, it apparently can't be re-added.

edit: It can, actually, but you have to restart Forza or it still thinks your car is shared.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 14, 2011

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Pudgygiant posted:

Taking a vote, would the ka be better or worse if I actually made it driveable? I like that it levels the playing field for the most part by being a greased marble on a glass track but I think it could actually be useful / great at trolling if it wasn't so shittastic.

Assuming you mean the R3 version, in which case, it's hilarious fun as is. But it seems to be bordering on greatness. Make it just a little bit more driveable, just don't ruin how batshit insane it is.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Can you test drive other peoples cars out of the club garage? I put up a B500 Green, bumperless 65 Mustang with mostly handling upgrades. It understeers like an absolute pig though, unless you mash the throttle. So really, in that car you can choose to go off the corner rear end first or face first. Would love some advise on tweaking it

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

There's actually a third choice there too. Shelby Cobra Daytona coupe.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

bich posted:

The battle between people who like old muscle cars (rednecks) boxy 80s cars (car nerds) and shiny new cars (douchebags) will never end

Hey, gently caress you, car nerds can like muscle cars too. :c00lbert:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The drivetrain was straight out of the LH cars, so it actually has a rear-mounted transaxle, there was no manual to put in it. The Prowler was pure parts-bin engineering.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

xzzy posted:

I think they wanted to make a cool open wheeled car that was fun to drive, but noticed what Ariel was doing and said "gently caress it, no way we can top that", and as a compromise built a midlife crisis chick magnet style car. All bark, no bite.

There isn't a :lol: big enough...

The Ariel Atom had exactly jack and poo poo to do with it. The Prowler was meant to evoke old hot rods like the 32 Ford Highboy or Plymouth Shovelnose. They built a car to appeal to the Boyd Coddington crowd as cheaply as they could, and managed to sell people a $60k LH car. Kinda of impressive really.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

And they did it all with parts-bin engineering, that car was pure genius. There's a reason Chrysler had the largest cash reserves or any car company prior to the Daimler-Benz merger. If we hadn't let the Germans literally rob Chrysler blind, rape them, and leave the corpse burning in a ditch we'd probably have never needed to bail them out.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I want more 80s "performance" cars. Where's my Daytona Turbo Z, Citation X-11 and Olds Calais 4-4-2?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Besides the standard Forza aero, the only other bits the Fiero gets are stuff to make it look like a non-GT 88 Fiero. Spoiler delete, nose piece without the airdam (looks more like a Firebird).

Q_res fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Dec 8, 2011

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Falken posted:

drat those cars for not being AMERICUHN!

Get over it. Most of the cars I like are LHD and as a Briton, I don't complain.

Eh, cut him some slack. I find it a little hard to drive the RHD stuff in traffic at times.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I wonder, if that list ends up being bullshit, how much rage is going to be directed at Turn 10.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

That's the High School Parking Lot Pack, I'm talking about graduation.
A Graduation Pack wouldn't be complete without a V6 Mustang Convertible.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

If there's one thing I'd change, I wish they'd focus more on tracks for release. Adding tracks with DLC is a horrible idea, I remember being super pissed because it was virtually impossible to actually get multiplayer races on Road America with Forza 2. I'd gladly trade 10 cars at release for 3 tracks.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

That's kinda cool, not that I'd win.

edit: Oh, you had to register at some point in the past and if you didn't you're poo poo out of luck any how.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 10, 2012

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

WienerDog posted:

If they realllly wanted the license I'm sure they could have bought it

So, you're saying you don't understand how licenses work? Fair enough. EA has an exclusive Porsche license, they didn't want to let T10/MS use it for Forza. Not much they could do about it.

I mean it's not like Forza 4 is the only recent driving game to use Ruf in place of Porsche because EA wanted to be dicks about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Ringo Star Get posted:

Here's my set up. Taken with a lovely blackberry camera that for some reason adds pixels.

Why no smartphone mounted to the top of the monitor as a rear-view mirror? Lazy

• Locked thread