Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
That's a sweet deal. I drove enough Hondas in FM3 to qualify for that easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
If it makes you guys feel any better, I'll get my LCE on release date and have approximately 4hrs to play it in the next week.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
That sound engine is loving phenomenal.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
The AI is better, but from what I can tell, they have ZERO side-side vision. Sometimes, right off the line, they change lanes and SLAM into you. They'll also run you right off the road.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

superv0zz posted:

YES. I can't count how many times I'll be accelerating at the start line only to have some random AI swerve into me and push me off the track. Of course they almost never lose speed doing this as they appear to made from Unobtanium and can happily steam roll you at all times.

This is why I race fat cars in Forza. Wanna play rough? Mr. Cadillac CTS-V ain't no bitch.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

superv0zz posted:

I did an SUV body form race last night and used the Hummer. I think I got a badge called "Sebring-it" due to my overzealous use of my fenders to smack a bitch. Hummers are great for relieving AI frustration!

I got that same Badge just a few mintues ago. I don't think it had anything to do with trading paint.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

Xbox 360 and Forza 4 ordered. :toot:

Good. This is good.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

Lyer posted:

So I've managed to claw my way up to R3 without any assists, but can't get the hang of braking without ABS on. Any tips? Am I supposed to ease into the brake? I've tried doing that on the controller, but poo poo goes from nothing > full tilt.

Try dropping the brake pressure down to 90%. That allows you more trigger pull before they lock up.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
Manual is deceptively ready if you set up the controls right. Just mash a+x/a+b and gain alot of speed and control.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

ChocNitty posted:

Only thing that depresses me, as time goes on, most of the online players learn every track very well, and know all the best cars and tunes for ever class, and I get last place every race.

Then I get frustrated and quit. Perhaps this time around I just need to man up, do my homework, and put in track time, and be competitive enough to continue enjoying online races.

I haven't played with it much yet, but FM3 had Cyclced Production as an online mode and it was a blast. A cycling set of completely stock cars - everyone is on the same foot, other than skill and track knowledge.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
If you're tuning a MR car, I wouldn't suggest moving the brake bias around THAT much or you'll lose a lot of stability in turns, depending on the car, YMMV.

You can tune in your own brake balance pretty easily by feeling a car out while trail braking - if the car over-rotates under heaving braking and steering, put some bias in the rear, and vice-versus.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
It'll be like that guy who mafe a Minecraft computer game inside Minecraft.

Someday, the dream of racing INSIDE Forza4 will be realized.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
Let go of your feelings Luke! Instead of bein all PRO RACER and poo poo with the kerbs on Maple and running a wheel on them, straddle them completely instead. Works like a charm.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

ColdPie posted:

Yeah, it's really a shame how short the races are in event mode. Only the championship and regional races are decent length, everything else takes two or three minutes to complete. And configuring your own races is so much more of a pain in the rear end than selecting from a list of premade races. Oh well.

I like the longer races, but the Heat races suck rear end. I just smashed these fuckers on 4 laps of Road America, hey lets do it again!

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
We have collectively learned these lessons before... and forgotten them. I mean, it always seems like a good idea, but yeah.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
I think they removed the endurance races from the game is because no one (or very few people) WANTED to do them for the career mode, and since you can set up your own endurance races as a private lobby, you're all set.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
I always left ABS and TCS (for high power cars) in GT5 cause the tire sound were absolutely SHITTTTTTY. That's 90% of my cues for tire slip issues in FM4.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
GodDAMN that Maserati GT4 is gloriously sexy. The GranTurismo, IMO, came out pretty lovely in A (or was it S?) class all race prepped. Just too heavy as a competitive sport coupe.

It sounds like God though and you can get it in Matte Black :D

I think the RX8, despite it's "MEH"ness will be a great rent-a-car racer.

robotsinmyhead fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Nov 30, 2011

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

GO AWAY MINIMAUL bumperstickers, $5. Shirts, $15. Dildos, $999.

I almost had my car paid off... welp, there goes $999.

robotsinmyhead fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 6, 2011

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
Well I'm back up in this FM4 thing after like a 6month hiatus, and I'm kinda revved up (durr) to start a new GTCC spinoff series and I wanted to do a general interest check (I will crosspost this in the GTCC thread and the GTCC forum.

I'm thinking:

Thursday Nights 7 or 8pm EST. I have a new work schedule that starts at 10pm, so I will be able to host up until about 915, with every other week being off work (I know, it's stupid)

Almost Always under B-class. A few B-races, but mostly C and below. Occasional wackiness with top speed cars, etc. Lots of non-gimmicky - but off-balance - spec races like Trucks/SUVs, mandatory RWD swapped into FWD cars, etc. Humorous liveries and dicks expected and appreciated.

Focus on making 'middling skill' drivers stay in the pack and running.

Focus on 'self-moderation' Very fast drivers will be expected to build cars under the spec or choose statistically less competitive cars. The races will be more about fun than just winning.

Tuning for performance will generally be very light or not allowed. I would like to keep people from over-massaging the cars or pushing out newer drivers due to their inability to tune well. This will also serve to minimize tuning time and money so you can whip up 2-3 cars instead of obsessing over 1.

Anyway... get at me and tell me what you think.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

Cojawfee posted:

I too am interested. It should give me a better outlet for my wheel. I like using it, but I'm rubbish at anything above C and below R3. And it seems like we rarely ever do anything below B in GTCC. So now I can use my controller for Wednesday races and be decent, and then use my wheel for the less serious Thursday races.

Also, I just found this video of Jackie Stewart explaining how to drive Monaco (and I guess in general). Following his advice of being nice to the car and staying in a higher gear, I shaved several seconds of my lap. As opposed to mashing all the pedals before and trying to stay in traction. I'm not as fast as mashing things with the controller, but I definitely don't spin out anymore. I feel like I'm actually able to use my wheel now as I'm not spinning out every five seconds. I just wish I could push the car as hard as I can with a controller.

I learned a lot watching him do that laptime thing with James May. Slower in the corner entrance, 100% throttle instead of blipping it on the way out... I got noticeably faster practicing this.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

Bentai posted:

Bright pink Cayenne with faux-chrome trim, riding the biggest dub wheels you can buy?

Not big enough.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
Hey. HEY. Stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
I miss you guys. I'm gonna preorder this crap real soon.

• Locked thread