Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
That random guy in the corner. You know, the one that one that everyone avoids?
Curse you US people and your 3 day earlier release date! This wait is going to kill me. Thankfully, Game usually gets pre-orders to my door on release day, and I have a day off next Friday. Just a pity my post doesn't normally turn up till 2pm+.

I've finally taken that last step in turning the assists off. The braking line is gone, and the clutch is in. Going to take a bit of getting used to, and I'm going to need to relearn some tracks and their braking points. Tried giving it a go in FM3, but the demo is just too drat good I can't play 3 for very long now.

I'm going through and adding some of you to my list so I have some close competition for the next few days, and when I finally get the game myself. GT: LunaticAngel2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
I've occasionally had games turn up the day before release, but for the most part they arrive release day.

Having said that, due to the postal strikes around the same time, I did get FM3 about 5 days early.

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
I've also had that same email from Game, and there appears to have been a charge to my card, so I'm assuming it means we aren't getting hosed over like some of the US goons unfortunately seem to be.

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
Fingers crossed, I should be receiving my email from Game soon then. I've got an unaccounted for £52.49 charge on my card which hasn't gotten itself a label yet, and just so happens to be the exact amount I owe for my LCE after my reward card points.

Looking at the free 2012 BMW M5 on the marketplace, it's 370ish megs. I hope that isn't a sign of how big the rest of the packs are going to be if that's just the one car! I don't think my connection could handle that once a month (although it'd be very worth it). Either that, or it contains the content for the American muscle car pack aswell, since I couldn't see a sample pack for that.

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006

Jarf posted:

When did you pre-order? Please tell me it was after the 11th of August. (I'm presuming you mean the UK GAME)

If it makes you feel any better, I pre-ordered on the 15th of September. Still waiting on the email though.

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006

TannhauserGate posted:

(Trying to curb spam a bit, gt is calderracrusade. Next 5 people to message or quotepost are guaranteed an LFA or whatever, anyone before wait a bit and hit me up if you haven't gotten anything yet.)

I'll take an LF-A please if I'm not too late. GT is LunaticAngel2k

CaptainHair, it seems that the traffic AI has it in for me when I'm trying to beat your laps in the 458. Took me bloody ages to get a clean one. Everytime I got near, the ai cars clipped me in the exit of the last corner. Finally managed 1:26.059. Can probably do better, but I think that's me for tonight, or I'm going to need a new TV by Friday.

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
Finally got my shipping confirmation from Game UK. Was starting to be a little worried I was going to get shafted like some of you US guys have been. Thankfully I've got a mostly free day on Friday, except starting work at 6pm. That'll be the day when the postman turns up at 3pm.

Can the buttons the controller be rebound freely, or is it a similar way to FM3 where you select a layout, and can swap certain buttons with each other?

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
To say my LCE was shipped yesterday by Game, having it turn up today was a nice suprise. Sent a request to the SAEG club (LunaticAngel2k). I have a feeling my Uni work isn't going to get done for a good portion of the weekend...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
Apologies to the SAEG guys for my poo poo-tastic connection this evening. Gonna have to look into that when I have more time, although everything is telling me its fine. Annoying.

• Locked thread