Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

PrettyhateM posted:

Well my amazon LE order seems to have changed ship date to release date shipping. Does anyone now if I can get my best buy 5 dollar preorder back?

You could try calling them and asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

I am a controller and no assists racer (except for simulation steering) and I am soooo fuckin pumped for this release.

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

Residency Evil posted:

So I'm trying to begin playing without ABS on the controller. What's the right way to brake? Pulse rapidly? This isn't easy :(.

You just modulate the left trigger. Don't pull it all the way, ideally you are braking on the cusp of locking up the tires but not quite. As the tires warm up you can pull progressively closer to the full travel, but with almost every car you can't pull it all the way. You get a feel for it as you race more cars with ABS off, and then you can also tune the braking pressure of cars as you modify them so it's easier for you to manage. You can't just try to perform ABS with your finger, that won't work :(

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

BlackLaser posted:

Apparently the Dodge Dart is a glitch car.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4895817.aspx

Swapping in a Viper V10 lowers the PI as long as you don't touch the transmission. Something to do with top speed and PI calculations. It supposedly accelerates like a bat out of hell though.

:laugh:

I saw it take over the leaderboards in the past few days and it was ridiculous to watch some of the replays. It just powers to 111 mph instantly and bangs off the limiter for the last few seconds of every straight away, slows to a crawl for the turn, and then rockets off for the next straightaway. Hilarious.

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

Maple:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

It makes it more likely that I might get it, but I'm still waiting to see what new features forza will be bringing to the table regarding multiplayer.

• Locked thread