Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Be warned, adding goons to your friends list will make you feel as though you are crap at this game despite ranking amongst the top 1% of the world. Some of you guys are simply not human. L Harrison I'm looking at you.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

webmeister posted:

Finally got the demo after a week of torture and holy crap it kicks arse. Loving it so far. Out of interest, what does the paperclip on the leaderboards refer to?

Goddamn some of you guys are fast. I thought I was doing OK getting to the top 5% of the leaderboard until I checked my friends list and I'm in the top 75% :smith:

The paperclip means they have a ghost attached to their time that you can download.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

GhostDog posted:

2,481 - MasterSchaf -01:42:598
2,705 - Jarf - 01:42:697

God DAMNIT!

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I almost hate to do this GhostDog but....

MasterSchaf - 1:42.598
Jarf - 1:42.576

That's right, I'm .02 seconds faster than you :coal:

Jarf fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 9, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Captain Hair posted:

Can anyone tell me what this is supposed to be about? Its like they just sent me an email to remind me I pre-ordered it? Is this confirmation that they havn't cancelled my order? It doesn't actually have any new info in it, its just a review of my order, which for some reason they have sent to me again?

I got this same e-mail. I really hope I don't get shafted on this.

GhostDog posted:

WHY? Why only .02 seconds? I could concede if you made it into the 41s. I could just go "Welp, I lost" and back out gracefully. But .02 seconds? I can surely find another .03 seconds! I might even get lucky and only need to drive another thirty. loving. laps.

Was going to attempt another lap to gain a more significant lead but then I imagined how I would react if somebody beat me by .02 seconds. Pretty much the same as you. May our rivalry span the life of Forza 4.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 9, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Welp... Got an e-mail from Game that my LCE pre-order has been cancelled.

So I ordered it again. Like they said.

And now they cancelled that one too.

gently caress

drat, when did you make your order? I'm relieved I haven't received a cancellation (yet) but I made my order early August. My order status is "unshipped" so I'm hoping that I'm one of the few that has a Forza 4 LCE sitting in the warehouse right now waiting for the release date.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

LunaticAngel posted:

Fingers crossed, I should be receiving my email from Game soon then. I've got an unaccounted for £52.49 charge on my card which hasn't gotten itself a label yet, and just so happens to be the exact amount I owe for my LCE after my reward card points.

Looking at the free 2012 BMW M5 on the marketplace, it's 370ish megs. I hope that isn't a sign of how big the rest of the packs are going to be if that's just the one car! I don't think my connection could handle that once a month (although it'd be very worth it). Either that, or it contains the content for the American muscle car pack aswell, since I couldn't see a sample pack for that.

It'll probably contain models for all the DLC stuff that peeps are getting on day one so that non-VIP (scrubs) can see how cool we all are.

My online statement hasn't been updated since last Monday so I can't even check if I've been charged yet. Oh god please don't let GAME stiff me on this!

Idiot race posted:

Just checked, got the same e-mail. :rms:

When did you pre-order? Please tell me it was after the 11th of August. (I'm presuming you mean the UK GAME)

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

"Good news! Your order has been despatched and will be delivered soon."

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah. See you guys online when I get my LCE whoop whoop!

Might as well get sending that car club invite 8)

TannhauserGate posted:

Sold my F3 stable down to import cars, using that money to gift cars. Quote and GT post to get. GT not posted on the Google Doc yet because I still have to pretend hard enough that getting F4 won't ruin my grades.

(Trying to curb spam a bit, gt is calderracrusade. Next 5 people to message or quotepost are guaranteed an LFA or whatever, anyone before wait a bit and hit me up if you haven't gotten anything yet.)

Sure I'll take one, why not. Gamertag is the same as my forum name.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 10, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

PrettyhateM posted:

Wait I guess I missed this, so not all the cars will be able to do the Autovista?

There are 24 autovista cars.

http://www.racesimcentral.com/news/2011/09/forza-4-autovista-mode-car-list-revealed/

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Captain Hair posted:

So whats everyones UK LCE orders doing?

Mines unshipped, still no 3rd e-mail. But it hasn't been cancelled... so far my internet searches have told me that as of now everyone is either cancelled or shipping. Mines stuck :(

Mine was shipped yesterday apparently. Hoping GAME have broken the street date and I receive my LCE tomorrow. For reference I placed my order on August 11th.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

FatboYgw posted:

As a Forza newbie, I too would be up for joining a UK/EU Goon car club.

I think it's going to have to be the case. Timezones are just too far apart to have any sort of regular racing with the US (the GTCC 10PM start equates to a 3AM start for us GMT folk).

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Falken posted:

My copy should be here tomorrow. Who is going to run the UK group? I'll volunteer mainly because I'll be putting so much time into the drat game that I'll always be around to ensure people get in.

I vote that you should run it too Falken, I can't think of a more appropriate member to lead the UK group. All we need now is a good name for it that has a snappy acronym.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I said come in! posted:

No Porsche is the only downside for Forza 4. :smith:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a massive Porsche DLC pack when they finally manage to wrangle the license/EA loses the license. They already have them produced, they just couldn't put them in the game.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

A5H posted:

What kind of a mental wouldn't pick the 037 every time anyway?!

Cossie and an R5! There's plenty reason. HolyshitIcannotwaittogetthisgameIfeellikeakidonchristamseveohgodohgodohgod.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Typical GBS posted:

Well Game have shipped early and mine arrived this morning before I went to work :)

I think we should go for Jarf's name for the Eurogoon group, Eurogruppen

Oooh that gives me hope, I was anticipating my copy arriving yesterday as they shipped it on Monday. Finger crossed for it arriving today.

Although the post probably won't show up until 10 minutes after I leave the house meaning I'll have to wait until tomorrow to go and pick it up from the post office myself :britain:

Eurogrüppen to the end!

edit: got my copy now, trust it to arrive 5 minutes before I have to leave. 4 hours till the Forzapocalypse!

Jarf fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Oct 13, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Falken posted:

The club will be called Something Awful Eurogrüppen with the acronym being SAEG.

You're so efficient it's scary. Are you part German?
Just installing the game to my HDD now whilst I watch a bit of Top Gear on Dave then I'll be sure to look it up.

Install disc 1, enter 3 DLC codes, play a laughable intro race where I literally just had to hold down the right trigger and steer, install disc 2. NOW I CAN PLAY!

e: Sent you a request to join.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 13, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Falken has kindly made me co-president of the ALMIGHTY EUROGRUPPEN! So if he isn't about to let you in then I can do you the honours. Do me a favour and at least send me a message saying "stairs" or "lljk" or something so I know you're a goon. That way I'm letting neckbeard plebs in.

edit: I have a "IG Fats" asking me for entry. Is that one of you plebs?

Jarf fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 13, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

:siren: Euro/UK Goons :siren:

The "Something Awful Eurogrüppen" is open for business and we desperately need a recruitment drive.

Sup? 8)

If you're somewhere GMT timezone friendly then lookup [SAEG]. I'm sure we'll have you pouring in tomorrow on the actual release date.

FatboYgw posted:

:dance:

Haha, my bad. I did a quick CTRL+F to see if you were on the spreadsheet then went back to Forza town. GAME OWNS!

Jarf fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 13, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

A5H posted:

Put me in the awesome GMT based club. A5HB87

Invite sent. If anybody else wants one just ask.

Hopping on the "BMW 2002 is a hoot to drive" bandwagon! I'd imagine it'd be great in soccer.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Is the Volvo 240 in the game?

The 242 that was in the Community DLC for Forza 3 is still here in 4, IIRC.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Fruitbat posted:

UK Goons signing up as soon as i collect my copy in the morning.

Tempted fate and told friends "Forza 4 LE pre-orderd, Ill be off sick friday" I am now full of a cold and cant concentrate at all /fist

Im level 33 on forza 3 and wondering if its worth grinding up to lvl40 to get the DBR9 before I load my save.

Shoot me your GT now and I'll send an invite your way so you don't have to wait around for it to be accepted tomorrow.

Also it's not worth grinding FM3 in the slightest, money isn't hard to come by in FM4.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Fruitbat posted:

GT Fruitbat2097

Im not great and only use a pad (showed wife fanatec stuff, she laughed at me and pointed pointed to house repairs) but did get 1:50 on zonda :)

I lied, I got an error message saying they have to have played Forza 4 first. HURP DURP.

Don't worry about your skill level, as long as you're not an rear end in a top hat that crashes into people for fun you'll be more than welcome.

Unless we're playing soccer, good lord I can't wait for a good soccer game.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Idiot race posted:

It's football mate, football

I was thinking that to myself as I was typing it, it felt dirty. I do it so that I don't confuse the Americans.

Haak posted:

Can you wing an invite my way? GT is iHaak. Thanks!

I'm also looking forward to goonball and the resulting carnage. :clint:

Done and done.

The sounds in this game are absolutely fantastic. The BMW 2002 and the Mazda MX-5 in particular are huge improvements over FM3.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 13, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Had some awesome races with SAEG and LLJK. Spec racing is definitely the way to go right now as many people don't have a tuned car for each class yet. We had 12 BMW 2002 Turbos on Hockenheim, MX5s on Laguna Seca and Stock Cars on Indianapolis.

Also those Hummer H1s are stupid huge, overtaking one of them in a VW Rabbit had me fearing for my life.

Also also, if you can't connect to a lobby then make sure you have an open NAT. That's pretty important.

e: Also also also also, to all you in and soon to be in SAEG. I'm gonna host a lobby on Saturday for us at about 6/7pm. Maybe earlier depending on how bored I am. Either way I'm hoping to get some good clean racing going on (don't worry about making cars, we'll just spec it for now) and maybe a couple games of football if the mood takes us. If it goes well then we'll plop it as our regular SAEG race night.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 14, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Sunday Punch posted:

I don't know how they managed it but Turn10 hosed up the vinyl editor. Vinyls now have an ugly border around them that makes masking anything off look terrible.

This really sucks :(

That was also in Forza 2 & 3. What you do to get rid of it is put a big square on the 1st layer that has your base colour and use that as a background. Voila, no more borders.

Just sent out a couple more invites for SAEG. If anybody is still wanting in then leave me a message or contact Falken (Kal Reegar). I'll be back online around 9pm for some racing!

Jarf fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 14, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Baggins posted:

Can I have an invite to SAEG please? GT is TehBaggins, I should have Jarf and Falken already on my friends list.

Prettyplease? I promise to try and not gently caress you guys over in T1 every race...

Apologies but I'm not going to be able to accept any SAEG requests until I get home at ~9pm tonight. Give Falken a shout if he's online.

If he's not about then I will sort you out as soon as I possibly can.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

If any of you are German you may be interested in this.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/BMW_M5_Forza_Cup/

You can win yourself a brand new 2012 BMW M5 if you're fast enough.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Just sent out a couple more SAEG invites. Any of you guys fancy a bit of racing in a half hour?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Idiot race posted:

I dunno if im a bit late but yeah if anyone else is gonna race.

We're racing now so come on down.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

This is the first Forza I've played, and it seems like you have to mash buttons and steering to flip back over.

Just let off the accelerator and hold the steering to one side to flip in that direction.

Had some fun races with SAEG tonight. The Top Gear Football is an absolute blast, I'd upload some photos from it but I think the Forza servers are making GBS threads themselves.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Logue posted:

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the type of racing people prefer in LLJK, SAEG, and GISH? I've noticed in LLJK it's mostly screwing around or doing gimmick races instead of class races. Are the other groups the same/different?

SAEG is for the UK/European/GMT friendly areas. Skill level doesn't really matter but we do tend to actually race rather than just crash into each other in H1s. That and play footy, can't have a session of racing without at least one game of footy.

:siren: Make sure you enter the codes you got with your game otherwise you're gonna be a sad panda when we decide to play football or do NASCAR on the speedway :siren:

Football is too much fun. We had a game in GMC Syclones, American Muscle Cars and a third game in City Cars.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Oct 15, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Falken if you read this you need to make it so that people can request an invite of their own accord rather than having to be invited, that way I can just scroll through the requests whilst reading the forum. Everytime I go online I have friend requests from people wanting to join and I have 90+ friends now.

SAEG people, I'll be on at about 9:30 - 10PM GMT tonight if y'all fancy a few races (or are waiting for an invite and have had no luck with Falken). Probably be racing into the wee hours of the morning if enough of you show up.

blodycoughbynewport posted:

Hi, I'm tasteless.

This owns bones.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 15, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Snowbird posted:

I'd appreciate a GISH or SAEG invitation as well. GT: Snowbir (region europe)

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Can I get into SAEG? GT is Gunrun247.

Sure I'll just go ahead and...

Oh, the Forza 4 servers are still making GBS threads themselves :<

e: ah there we go!

e: e: race is up, come on down!

Jarf fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 15, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Baggins posted:

Remember to tune your F and B class cars for next week guys

On the case, already tuned my RS500 up a bit (put the spoiler back on).

It's generally good practice to have a car tuned (and preferably liveried for sexy post-action photos) for every class but that'll come with time. I only have F and B covered right now.

As posted before feuerdog is already working away on a tuning calculator for Forza 4 which should make all our lives a whole lot easier.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Falken posted:

Jarf, could you possibly handle any SAEG invites for tonight?

Sure thing, think we should fill out some more co-leaders to get it flowing a bit better. I was thinking Masterschaf/GhostDog would make a good one if he's game to take the position.

And yeah, on the topic of the club garage. If the car is competitive in a particular class or is a unicorn then feel free to leave it up there but otherwise clear it out.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I am bad at this game and often have lap times 1~4 seconds slower that whoever comes first. Here's my B class car anyway, I'm no better at painting either.

And for F I have this badboy.

Sucks that this game was released as I started the last year of my degree. Studying is really cutting into my vidja game playing time.

Think I may put a thread together for SAEG in private games so we have somewhere to discuss and specify the spec we want to race for each week and so on and so forth. Stop me from spamming this thread too.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

We have the equivalent of the LLJK goon bus (B class HUMMER) in the SAEG garage now due to popular demand. I'll stick a livery on it for us later on.

Don't worry we still race, it's fun for games of virus though.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Captain Hair posted:

I decided that since my rusty decals were selling so well, I'd make a rat look rabbit to sell on the storefront.

Now I all I have to do is copy the same layers over to some BMW's, other VWs, ect untill I have 18 to sell, then I can fund my lavish car buying easier.

edit: bigshot https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/bigrabbit.jpg?w=9ed63b1e

That's awesome, I was thinking about rusting up some cars. I'll be sure to pay your storefront a visit.

SAEG, I present to you our version of the LLJK Fun Bus. This is the SAEG Fun Enforcement Unit.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Idiot race posted:

Oh god thats awesome! :getin:

We're going live! Come online everybody and join us, SAEG and LLJK alike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

SAEG represent! You guys are a blast to race with. Especially now that people are actually starting to get their own builds out there.

Being able to have more than 8 cars on the track is just what this game needed.

• Locked thread