Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

This is a good thread with advice about useful items. I think Roombas/etc are good for your everyday keeping the clutter off vacuuming, I've had a 500series for like 5 years. Replaced the battery once, it's a champ.

As far as big boy vacs go! Miele all the way. They have excellent, excellent suction (like Dysons) but have stunningly quiet motors (unlike Dysons). They're in no way cheap though.

Also, avoid the Eureka like the plague, they're poo poo now. They used to make a good vacuum, my mother had a very high-end one she got for free after buying a low-end at Lowes or something and complaining about it. (Its suction would pull the bag away from the nozzle so it pulled dirt right into the motor.) They sent what was then their highest quality thing, the Europa, along for free. It lasted for about fifteen years but it died, they just don't make anything of quality anymore, and it's not possible to get replacement parts, so she got a Miele.

Also I love bag vacuums over bagless, it always bothers me that you get dust out into the air again when you empty a bagless :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Miele was founded in 1899 and is a quite highly regarded manufacturer, if perhaps less well known outside Europe. Worst case they pull out of the US market (after 30 years) and you have to pay slightly more on Amazon to import bags.

Yeah they're here to stay barring them pulling a Eureka and deciding that they're not really into making vacuums anymore. Local proper vacuum store here stopped carrying Eureka and won't even repair them anymore because he got sick of waiting 3, 4 months to get parts.

• Locked thread