Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
I know you all have hard-ons for Dysons, but it's a bit pricey for someone like myself, a college student who shares a vacuum with roommates. If you're looking for something cheaper but still durable, I've had a lot of success with my Dirt Devil. They are really easy to dismantle and clean, and they are by far the most durable low-end vacuum that I have used. My family has gone through several Hoovers, which all had a life-span of about a year. We've had a Dirt Devil for 3 years now with no problem. We have lots of animals, so we have to take it apart all the time to clean hairs out and whatnot. Personally I bought my own Dirt Devil 2 years ago for my apartment and it's gone through hell (I've vacuumed water, beer, a mixture of the two, etc) and it still works like new (after thoroughly cleaning it, of course)

tl;dr buy a Dirt Devil, they're definitely the best bang for your buck in low-end vacuums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
That's great and all, but I think the real determiner of a vacuum's worth is how well it performs a year down the road.

• Locked thread