Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

A few weeks back I managed to snag a DC44 at Costco for $279 since they were changing out the tool bundle that came with them and had the older ones on clearance. I've been impressed with it so far.

The big thing is, I have all hardwood and no pets. I was looking for something cordless that I could take out every few days and do a quick once over on the floor. I considered getting a Roomba, but I just wasn't convinced it would get me good coverage.

I have a small 3 bedroom house (about 1100 sq feet) and so far the DC44 has been perfect. The included motorized head works well with hardwood floors since it doesn't have a beater bar and there's plenty of charge in one go for me to do a quick once over through the whole house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I picked up a DC44 a few months ago when Costco had them discounted because a new model revision was coming through (really just a change in attachment bundle) and I love it. I have about a 1100 sq ft 3 bedroom ranch with hardwood floors and the power head is perfect for that surface and works much better than any other vacuum I've used on it. I still use a microfiber mop every once and awhile to get into the tough spots, but for weekly cleaning I just do a once over with the Dyson and it takes under 10 minutes.

From my experience, there's nothing really light duty about it. I use the hose attachment with the crevice tool to do quick spot cleaning of my car and it sucks as well as my shop vac.

• Locked thread