Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
This is just my two cents, but I have hardwood floors in my house and I just use a 5 HP craftsman shop vac I picked up on black friday for 40$ and it does the job just fine. I also have an upright Eureka vacuum, but the beater brush makes it worthless for anything that isn't carpeted.

My fiance's mom runs a housekeeping business and her preference is Kenmore canister vacuums. I had an old one I fixed up, but the performance of my shop vac is pretty comparable on bare floors.

This probably is not an option for you, but my parents have a built in central vacuum system in their house. You lug around a hose and plug it into receptacles around the house. It has more suction than anything I've ever seen, doesn't have to be emptied as often, and is hands down my favorite system. They're expensive as gently caress though.

Edit: Central vacuum systems can reach literally anywhere too, since they're just a hose with a wand attachment that plugs into the wall.

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread