Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Le0 posted:

We currently have a lovely hoover vacuum and are looking for a replacement.
Dyson seem nice but gently caress me if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a vacuum cleaner.
The Hoover Windtunnel seems not to be available from amazon europe (France or UK).

Any advice for a euro vacuum cleaner?

Depends how much coin you want to spend.

£110 nets you a Henry Xtra with turbobrush and a billion accessories which will do a cracking job until the end of time... Turbobrush is a requirement if you have carpets as it has a beater bar. These are the same as the ones used all over the UK by professional cleaners because they're built like tanks and just won't die.

Upwards of that you have Sebo cleaners which are superbly built and offer a 5 year GUARANTEE on their machines. The X series are fantastic cleaners and the X4 at about £220 has an automatic height adjusting beater bar for short and deep pile carpets. These again are also used by professional cleaners in hotels and such.

Basically if you go for something used by professionals you won't go wrong. Note that nobody uses Dyson professionally which should say it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Carpets absorb dust really well, wood floors like in my house not so much. It just gathers and needs to be removed. Wood flooring shows up just how much dust exists in your house. Doesn't help the place I'm in is old as poo poo either.

• Locked thread