Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skiant
Mar 10, 2013
Roomba owners, how good would a 630 be?

We've got a cat at home and the cheap vacuum we had so far is breaking down, so I'm investigating the options.
The 630 sounds nice enough to launch about once a day, let it do its things then empty it into the bin.

A friend of mine got a Neato but apparently it tore up a macbook charging cable once and we've got a few cables that might be hanging around. Plus the Roomba 630 is a much cheaper option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skiant
Mar 10, 2013

powderific posted:

We have a 650, which I believe is the same as a 630 but with scheduling. It cleans our place once a day during the week before we get home. It does a pretty good job—we have cats and before the Roomba there would always be bits of litter on the floor unless we were religious about sweeping, and the rugs would pretty much always have bits of cat fuzz on them. From what I've read, the Roomba deals with rug fringes and cables much better than the Neato. I've still had the spinning side brush get tangle in rug fringe, but it's never done anything to the numerous cords I leave scattered about.

It's more of a thing to have in addition to a full size vacuum rather than a full on replacement. Think of it more like a glorified sweeper with a little bit of suction. I love having it though.

One thing, if you do get one, Bed Bath and Beyond has them on sale occasionally, and they'll usually let you stack one of their 20% off coupons on top of the sale. Our 650 wound up being something like $300, maybe even a touch less, instead of the normal $400.

Thanks for the review, I just ordered a 630.
Sadly I'm not in the US so no BBB and I paid the full price (~285€). Still feels like a small price to pay for the living room being cleaned off of cat hair.

• Locked thread