Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
I just had an up/down/up experience with Dyson's customer service. I got a DC25 as a wedding gift from my parents a little more than a year ago, and I've really enjoyed it. I know it's regarded as overpriced, but it's performed well for me. Plus the sentimental value means I don't want to part with it. Two weeks ago, I came home to find my dog had taken his separation anxiety out on the hard plastic tubing on the left side of the vacuum. It's the tube that leads from the top of the canister to the ...ball thing at the bottom. So there's no suction.

Very long story short,
  • I was told it was covered by the first CSR,
  • the second CSR said it shouldn't have been, but she said it would be honored because they said it would,
  • it is shipped off, and the service center calls me and says it'll be $200+ to fix.
  • I'm confused and upset. I was told if I refuse the repair, they'd charge me $35 to ship it back.
  • I call and speak to a 3rd CSR who gives me the run around as best she can (3 holds of 15+ minutes each, followed by a "I'm off tomorrow, so you won't hear from me, but my manager may call you within 72 hours."
  • I speak to a 4th CSR who apologizes for the 3rd one, calls EVERYBODY who has spoken to me so far, listens to my recording, and says Dyson will take care of "both your vacuum and [the 3rd CSR].

I found this thread before the issue was resolved, so I was ready to get a Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro model from BB&B with a 20% coupon. I felt a little guilty holding them to the original promise, but by the end of the ordeal, I didn't care. Now I'll get my Dyson back, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
edit: double post lol

• Locked thread