Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Laser Cow posted:

What's the difference between the DC37 and the DC39? My 10 year old Miele is fighting a losing battle against my new kittens.

The DC39 doesn't seem to be available here in Norway.

According to Wikipedia the DC37 is just a DC39 designed for continental Europe. I wouldn't expect any difference at all. The models differ usually in attachments included and color scheme. Multifloor vs. Animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

jonathan posted:

I picked up that Shark Navigator Pro mentioned above about a month ago. I was about to buy that $650 Dyson, but I was turned off by the cheap plasticy creaky feel of the Dyson. I'm fine with paying that money but at least make it seem like a sturdy quality product.

So I went with the Shark which seems like similar build quality, similar cleaning ability but was less than $200 in Canada.

It also seems to rate and score better on large consumer websites than the dyson.
Even if it isn't as good. The dyson isn't $400 better. For the difference it should be built of billet titanium, chromoly and carbon fiber.

I've had several friends ask me about my Dyson and if it was worth it compared to a Shark, and the answer is no to be honest. I've had my DC17 for about 6 years now with 3 cats and it still looks brand new, but the new Sharks perform well enough there's no way the Dyson is worth double the cost.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

lampey posted:

This thread is a cople months old, but how often do you vacuum?

Im currently just renting a medium sized room with carpet, no pets. Haven't vacuumed in 4 weeks.

I have 2 kids and 3 cats, we vacuum 3 times a week at least and generally have to vacuum the living room every day. Before the kids it was twice a week because of the cats. The kids are much messier though.

Combat Pretzel posted:

The filter isn't the problem, but the vortex tubes that'll coat themselves with fine dust. Take the vortex unit and start tapping the bottom of it against a hard surface, ideally outside for obvious reasons, and see how much poo poo will drop out of it.

This happens on my DC17 as well. The fine holes at the top of the canister get this mixture of fine cat hair and kitty litter dust caught in them and it has to be manually removed. Sometimes I use my shop vac in the garage to vacuum out those holes. I maybe have to do this once every 6 months or so with how heavily we use our vacuum.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Not that I can think of. Shark just came out with their corded stick vac, the Rocket. I bought a refurb DC35 a year or so ago and I love it. We keep it in the kitchen to clean up light stuff.

• Locked thread