Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Back in May for a Man and Wackiman show Mike showed up for the last hour and was doing a Wally impression the entire time. It was great. The non-Tom shows are much more laid back, with callers lasting longer and acting much more natural because so many people, it seems, are afraid of saying something stupid in front of Tom. It gives Spike alot more time too, which I love for camp reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TransatlanticFoe posted:

The June 15, 2010 episode is one of my favorites. PFT in studio, Wally Wackiman and H-Man in studio, great Milo call, and Tom starts singing the riff from "Old Time Rock and Roll" to Spike for no reason.

I wonder what happened to Milo. He has kinda disappeared.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I haven't listened to the latest show, but in John Hodgman's latest book there is a Hate Pit reference.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Its Mit Hamine, and it really is as bad as Tom says it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zIWCXC8CQo

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

It's...Beautiful.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Did they stop putting the Rest Show in the RSS feed?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Groucho Marxist posted:

The Harry Morgan's son call was really good

Dexter?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If the original Best Show Gems feed is still around, go find the 2008 Newbridge Mayoral debate.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I love how is just slightly off beat

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Seltzer posted:

I listened to some episodes from 05 the other day and let me repeat, the callers are really really bad now.

Listening to the fake old show with some of the wacky callers you would get when you were on the radio led to good stuff. Avalanche Bob is the only character they have now.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Bring back library champion laurie from miami

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Thom and the Heads posted:

i kind of like matt. he's a good sport and found baby tom doing calisthenics in a music video so he gets a pass from me

What is this from?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Thanks, and what a 90s video.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I've generally skipped everything not a Wurster call unless someone here says a part was good.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 15, 2017

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Best show Recap: 9/6/05: $1.59/gallon is expensive gas

Oh those innocent days

Wouldn't that be right after Katrina? I remember NJ gas prices went from 2 bucks to 3.50 in a week.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

vaginal facsimile posted:

I don't listen anymore because I don't have time but bless him. Rather he have that money than Google or Facebook

I really don't feel like the 3 hours helps the show. I don't know why he keeps it that long.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The callers have always been the worst parts of the show

bad company them all into the sun

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BigFactory posted:

And Whip Talk

ah SHUT UP

SHUT SHUT SHUT SHUT UP

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

veni veni veni posted:

Laurie is officially out of her goddamn mind. That call was the weirdest, foulest poo poo lol.

Mike and Terez' reactions had me dying.

Have a timestamp because I'm not sorting through that myself.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

fez_machine posted:

It's the Tenth Anniversary of the Gathering of Juggalos!

Someone reminded Tom on twitter, and he got really sad.

Plenty of veiled references to how much the split with PFT hurt him.

we are never going to get the full story of this.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Toebone posted:

RIP to a real one

He didn't sound worse/sicker, but in the past couple months when he did call it seemed to be getting much crazier.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

inferis posted:

The last time he had a black person come on the show he had to explain the name massa’s tavern and he hasn’t had one since.

That's the name? I always thought it was Masses.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

veni veni veni posted:

I don't remember the exact dates I just remember it was shortly before he met Maron and had him call into the show for the first time.

I find it kinda doubtful that was the first time they met, they had to have been running close to the same circles of people in the 90s/2000s NYC comedy scene.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Weembles posted:

There's an entire class of people that Tom makes fun of because he's friends with them or admires them.

his feud with PFT being the world's longest running joke

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

inferis posted:

Mike is racist as hell and among other things supports profiling Muslims.

He's very economically anxious

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dr.Radical posted:

Also has Tom said anything about the Mike debacle or is he just sweeping it under the rug?

Certainly Tom is the kinda guy to hash out all these things on the air

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Tom had to choose between Mike and the dog... and he chose Mike! What a cuckoo-head

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

That just comes from being on WFMU. It is a fun station I would listen to besides the Best Show. But the older weirdos wanted to call because they would hear themselves on the radio, and your voice on a podcast just doesn't cut the mustard.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

the one who snubbed him in person has been dead for several years though right?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

How ya doing Jason *computer screeching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kinda shocked to just read the description for this week's episode to hear Dave from Knoxville died.