Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

im not a fan of his phone interviews. i generally skip them. the inperson stuff is good tho

Yeah I don't know why the phone interviews are worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Eight Dollars posted:

This is late but man Keith and the Girl were awful.

Super bad. Dragged that whole show down.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
It's the best. The riff about Mike Gordon being a creep is amazing.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

DangerDummy! posted:

Is he the Segway peeper? I'm rusty on my Phish lore.

He got caught? taking pictures of some half-clothed 5 year old.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
It snot Doris day, it's 23/24-year old bob Dylan. It's actually a pretty good impression.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

has john hodgman been on since the new show

I don't think so.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I don't get emotional about celeb deaths, even when it's someone who meant a lot to me like Bowie did, but there was something about that stupid sound collage that was really kinda moving. Maybe how the vocal isos sounded so raw, or just the different context for all those familiar sounds. Got a little choked up! Good one, Tom.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
This thread should pool some money together and buy the naming rights to the best show.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Hey, some are from Portland, too

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I think the show has been great lately. The weirdo candy bar episode was great and the long wurster call as the country singer last week was incredible.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Avalanche Bob was funny the first time. If it was 6 months between calls it would be one thing but every week is no good.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

The Bunk posted:

I'm a little behind, but Dania was right. They really need to get a compressor so I can stop having to turn my stereo up 10 db just to hear. It wouldn't be $20k either, what the hell Dudio.

It's gotten better recently but there was a while where in studio guests would be super quiet, Tom would be loud, and the music bed would be booming.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Yeah I was going to say, the callers were really on with their schitck that night.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
He probably could have given Pat Burne a name besides "Pat".

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I wonder how it would have been different if it looked like Clinton would win.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The first time he went over he asked to listen to Aja I think

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I liked the one from 2 years ago that was the manager for tribute bands.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I like when nasal steven universe fans call in.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Binowru posted:

They definitely do in the first "Marc & Tom Show" he did with Marc Maron if you can find it.

That's what I was going to say too

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The other regular caller from the past year, the vegan girl who slices meat at a deli in cleveland, is borderline sad sack, but at least she usually brings something to the table and the calls are usually interesting if not laugh out loud funny. But Jessica from ithaca and Cat from Raleigh are just bad boring callers.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Even the WFMU podcasts edited the songs out because of ASCAP fees etc.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CaptainPsyko posted:

Call in next Tuesday to confront him on air.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Tom and Julie Klausner breaking down LA Woman was one of the funniest things I’ve heard in a long time but other than a few things like that the show has been boring lately.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
And Whip Talk

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The first whip talk was really funny, the second one wasn’t as good. The street fighter fiction bit was funny too.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The guy this week who called in to complain about his friend who blew him off followed the Kat from Raleigh playbook to a T. Let’s hope he becomes a regular.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Funniest best show bit in the past few years is still Tom and Julie ripping apart LA Woman. 11/22/17 in the last 20 Minutes

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The internet was the worst invention ever. People aren’t mature enough to use it. It should just be online dictionaries and a site where you can buy CDs.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I was getting a little tired with the quarantine best show. I think they did as much with that format as they could do.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Dunno if they top election night 2016, but I’m excited

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Dr.Radical posted:

Lol Mike went to Princeton? Why was he always moving from not very good paying job to not very good paying job before the show was on a Patreon?

I think he’s a drunk.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Yeah mike is one of the best parts of the show.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

inferis posted:

Do the rest of their songs sound like that because I think I’m down

Some of it does, a lot of it doesn’t. That song has a different singer than basically every other steely Dan song too.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Steely Dan is way more sleazy than funky, but sometimes sleazy is good too.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

juggalo baby coffin posted:

is AP mike still on the show?

I dm’d him recently to ask and he didn’t get back to me. Oh well.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Nice work

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CaptainPsyko posted:

“Times Square Danny Rose”

That one is funny

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

inferis posted:

I wasn’t even saying that to cancel mike, and it’s a long time ago, but when all that went down he never apologized or retracted his statement Tom made an announcement on the show that mikes views are not his or the show’a and mike deleted the tweets.

I think mike is very funny and he plays a great foil to Tom but he is old and has some terrible views. Like Jesus Christ he works at a place called ‘massa’s tavern”.

Anyway scharpling was incredible on chapo and I wish he would be on again. The chapo guys are very funny but next to Tom it really made it clear that tom is a professional comedy writer.

Massa is a fairly common Italian last name.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
And holy poo poo are those chapo trap house guys annoying. Is that what the show is like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Not a very respectful way to talk about a 5 time NASCAR champ