Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Is there a reliable way to listen to the show live on an Android device? I've tried pasting the streaming link into VLC player, but that only works for about 15 minutes at best for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Wurster made reference to Chapel Hill institution Italian Pizzeria III tonight and I nearly did a spit take.

"This must be how anyone in LA feels, listening to any and every other podcast!"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WrathOfBlade posted:

I think I'm going to make the 2010 Four Loko episodes an annual listening tradition. The contrast of a sane, sedate Hodgman and an unhinged Tom/Mike is so good.

I just listened to that episode for the first time myself this week and yeah, I'll put that in my annual rotation.

"I think I'm gonna do the show like this every week! I'm done with the old show, this is the new show!"

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 26, 2016

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Good lord are this week's callers an exercise in contrasts. Starting the year off with a whole lotta drippy dudes.

After the back-to-back Bad Company-ings so early in the show, I started to wonder if it was the beginning of a prepared bit.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WrathOfBlade posted:

Tom deliberately misunderstanding other podcasts is a running bit now. See also: Serial, the show about escaping haunted houses; Welcome to Nightshade

Doughboys has gradually become "The Hamburger Guys"

(Still really want to hear Tom on Doughboys grousing his way through a 90 minute discussion of some New Jersey-based chain.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I loving hate Fred from Honolulu and his stupid laugh he makes at everything.

TOM: Oh, brudder. This guy, this guy moved to Brooklyn!
FRED: [45 minute uninterrupted chuckle that sounds like a dripping faucet] Hey, c'mon, Tom.

Nails on a chalkboard.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GoutPatrol posted:

What is this from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrxoi0UwfdU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

peepsalot posted:

Hey I discovered the best show a few months ago from Hollywood Handbook and have been going through listening to all the old episodes, and just realized that this thread exists.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the soundbite is that Tom uses for the good @bestshow submissions, where I think it says "everybody out of the tunnel!"

It's Larry David screaming "EVERYBODY OUT OF THE CHUNNEL!" from the episode of Seinfeld where they go see "Chunnel"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPu70uC8Bk&t=27s

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Never again. Who could appreciate a man guilty of Stolen Valor?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WrathOfBlade posted:

Hi I'm Dennis was Mike pitching his voicework talents to one of the creators of Venture Bros. - don't think it was A Loko ep but I think it was near Christmas.

A Four Loko Carol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3wx59MFzzg&t=1091s

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

veni veni veni posted:

Of all the poo poo Tom has pinned on Mamacita over the years, I think stolen valor might be my favorite.

"He takes their money; he'll yell at other Marines, he put the highest ranking on his thing. He made a guy drop and give him 20, he told him 'I'm a General.'"

Does anybody know which episode it is where a caller brings up Stolen Valor again and you can hear Mike yelling about it in the background?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cloks posted:

E cigs had me fooled even when I knew one of his calls was coming.

Same. I love E-cigs guy's gimmick, and he pulls it off so well.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Nick Wiger of The Hamburgermen podcast has told a story about how he responded to 9/11 by going to Carl's Jr...Now Tom's disdain for that show makes perfect sense.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cloks posted:

I could listen to Tom and Julie criticize Blue Apron all day.

It was a breath of fresh air after hearing every single other podcast host have to rave about it.

"It will be two portions, no leftovers, and you'll feel slightly hungry afterwards."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm sure it played well in Ithica.

It was a really disappointing moment, because otherwise that was the best Wurster call in a while.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
[Wroooooong thread]

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 23, 2017

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Somebody please make me a Garbage Pail Kids "Bob E. Cigarettes For Legs" avatar TIA

e: Oreo Review Lady is great

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 27, 2017

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yes, the show is about Oreos now.

Best Show turned into a Hamburger Men knock-off so gradually I barely noticed.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Weembles posted:

Time for Kevin Corrigan and his famous uncomfortably serious responses to softball questions.

I love the guy, but Kevin Corrigan on Best Show feels like he's doing the world's most intense, realistic parody of the "Way too intense actor" archetype.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WrathOfBlade posted:

Was there a Best Show recently that opened with Mike repeating "BEST SHOW'S BACK! YOU'LL LAUGH YOUR rear end OFF!" over and over leading into the theme music, or am I remembering a nightmare I had

June 28th? Drink up and ascend. You'll laugh your rear end off. Trust me - I wouldn't steer you wrong.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I love the ongoing Jake and Logan Paul stuff. Boy howdy do I want to see Tom move into the Team Ten House to be "The Old Dude."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/bestshow4life/status/902750048349544449

yesssssss

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Is that a new record for T+ E-Cigarettes For Legs? That dude rules.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Vapetriloquism cracked me up good, loved Tom's commitment to a bit where neither element translates to audio.

Luckily, there are some video highlights: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYr2o3ejIdh/

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Asnorban posted:

Listen to the album. It’s something else. The last song is a piano ballad.

And read the "liner notes," such as they are.

Notice that in the song Hate died at 9 and the funeral is at 11 o’clock on Friday. 9-11 is reversed. We’re making it good and taking something that was bad and turning it into something good, because Hate is 9-11. I wrote the song because I feel that Love will conquer Hate.

I can't tell if Avalanche Bob is a brilliant performance artist or a legitimate, very opportunistic crazy person.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Seltzer posted:

Could you provide a link? That sounds ridiculously high.

https://www.patreon.com/TheBestShow

$23,350 a month, holy crap. That Friends of Tom Card campaign seems to have really worked.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
SHUT UP KAT FROM RALEIGH

SHUT

UUUUUUUUUUUUP

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It sucks that he had the gall to do it in an off week for Best Show

Can the topic for the first show of 2018 be "Better Ingredients, Better Man: A Farewell to 'Papa' John Schantter"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I stopped at a WaWa on a road trip earlier this week after saying "Hoaaaaagiiiiies" every time I saw one on a "Services This Exit" signs. Lemme tell ya: WaWa rules; I wish I had remembered to tell the ridiculously friendly staff that Philly Boy Roy sent me.

iamreading posted:

Here are all of this week's (June 6, 2018) callers:

This is a very good thing you did

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dr.Radical posted:

Fred from Honolulu was on one, though, jeepers.

did he stop chuckling for 15 seconds to have a bad opinion

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Double Threat is great, but I already don't know if any moment is going to top their first attempt at the Podcast Co-Host Newlywed Game. Tom's answer to "Who would play you in the movie of your life?" ("Danny DeVito, 30 years from now") made Julie realize that her earnest answers were going to be no match for Tom's and she demanded they put it off until the next episode, while she laughed uncontrollably for about 5 minutes.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Still thinking about the "I like/to flaunt/my dinners" "rap"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I have court to go to.

I mean, people LOVED when he announced the Lil' Wayne album release, why is this any different

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Asnorban posted:

I have long family car rides coming up with young children: how much cussing is in Double Threat?

Tom gets a little blue but Julie is a total pottymouth, not kid friendly.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ManoliIsFat posted:

What was he working on, that basketball show that got cancelled? But he didn't mention Terre or Good n Poochy a lot anymore...guess I just assumed.

Wait, was that the Steph Curry show Sean Clements was writing for?

Asnorban posted:

More or less than mbmbam?

Language-wise, maybe the same/slightly more, but content-wise, different story. I was going to say "Just avoid any episode where they talk about Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey or Woody Allen" and then realized that those kinds of guys and their antics come up basically every episode, even when they aren't necessarily the focus.

How do you feel about the kids hearing about Weinstein overseeing a reboot of Little Shop of Horrors where Seymour feeds Audrey II by jerking off?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dr.Radical posted:

Oh the one I saw was from Good Reads and it talked about Tom being put in a mental institution and getting electroshock therapy. I looked it up again and the description has changed. :shrug:

Those were the auditions for The New Monkees

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dr.Radical posted:

At the end of the Kim Gordon interview she mentioned how the last time she was on was with Gary the Squirrel and Gene Simmons. Lol I do not remember that. Sounds like a good one

https://twitter.com/bestshow4life/status/1333991514922479616

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Today on Double Threat, Tom proposes his big comeback musical for Broadway's reopening, "Broadway Stinkers," and it's the hardest I've laughed at anything in a while. Specifically Tom describing how it would begin with him slowly backing out to center stage in a beeping Rascal scooter before yelling "SHUT UP" at the audience and orchestra.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Much like Julie, I was dying to see Tom's face during that entire segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Voted for Binowru's (because it was the best one) and also "No" on "Should we do this again next year"