Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
What are some good beer apps?

I use untappd, which is useful for remembering stuff I've tried, and searching the pub for nearby results can turn up some interesting stuff on tap that other people are having.

I've tried BeerCloud, but it doesn't seem that there's much coverage of my area in it.

I've also tried Findmytap, which seems like a solid concept, but runs really slow and also has a pretty limited coverage in my area right now.

Are there any really good apps out there for finding beers nearby that you guys use? I'm more interested in finding out what's on tap (without having to go through and check bar websites one by one) then bottles at stores, but either would be kind of cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Totally did not mean to post this in the exchange thread, but thanks for the replies!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Me in Reverse posted:

Anyone seeing White Chocolate MooHoo around?

NC just got it yesterday

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
ISO: Night Shift's next batch of Morph (10/1), along with Viva Habanera and other bottles from them and Trillium.

FT: Wicked Weed, Foothills, lots of good NC beers

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Goons Gifting Growlers

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Vertigo posted:

ISO : A regular NC hookup for Foothills, Wicked Weed, etc. FT : PA locals, and anything else I can acquire (VT stuff usually)

Just let me know, happy to ship out NC stuff for trade!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
ISO: BA Vietnamese Coffee Speedway Stout
FT: Wicked Weed Dark Arts + Olde Hickory Lindley Park

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Retemnav posted:

ISO: BA Vietnamese Coffee Speedway Stout
FT: Wicked Weed Dark Arts + Olde Hickory Lindley Park

No one getting any of this? Or just not interested in what I'm offering? Hit me up if that's the case, I have other beers.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Yea, was looking for the Vietnamese coffee one. I've had it once out of a growler and it was loving amazing.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Zam posted:

From a growler most likely wasn't the BA version as they often filled Grumblers of the non-BA Vietnamese Stout, but BA has only been on tap for about a week and no "official" growlers.

Ah, I thought they'd released the BA version on draft in the past? I thought that it was BA'd, but it was at least a year ago and at one of the Sexual Chocolate release shares, which is always loud and crazy, so I may have misheard (or misremembered). Either way, what I had was fantastic and I want some more.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Vertigo posted:

I'd like to do one more trade before winter sets in, and it looks like PA has got a few days(about a week) of nice weather left.

Don't care if it's random local stuff, or bigger, but I would like to get something done before winter sets in.

Here's my current cellar https://www.cellarhq.com/cellars/AlanG

I'm looking for either a locals swap (I'm in PA so Troegs, Victory, Weyerbacher, Sly Fox, Spring House , etc are my locals) or some bigger deals.

Always looking for the "normal" stuff (big stouts, cool sours) and fresh IPAs/pale ales (love Zombie Dust, and have never had TG stuff).

Lemme know here or via PM if I have something/have access to something you would like.

Get back to me on the Wicked Weed trade!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
FYI just got an awesome box from Krustster with bonus KBS, would trade again!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Imasalmon posted:

I've been enough to get to the last few Jester King releases, so if anyone is after BdBdB, World's Worst Twin, or Natural Union, let me know. I just like trying beer I haven't had before.

E: I'm saying this so people don't have to trade with that Tucker idiot, not trying to establish an auction or whatever for beer.

Sent you a PM...

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Ahhh, no problem!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Got a nice package of beer from Vertigo yesterday! NC for PA trade, nothing big name, but we made up for it on volume.

Vertigo, gotta ask you where the hell you got that shipping box! Looks like it's been used since the mid-90's to ship beer and I'm pretty sure it's structurally more tape than cardboard at this point.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
I'm interested as well!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Apache posted:

I'll pick up a few this weekend when I head over into Seminole provided they still have them on Saturday.

If you can pick up enough, would be interested in this + the FB Maple Bacon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
ISO: Avery Tweak (releases 1/31 apparently)
FT: NC poo poo*

*literally a box of cow manure, sucker

• Locked thread