Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

wattershed posted:

Just get some vanilla and french press it into a bottle of BCBS. Or, find Vanilla ANTEAD. I found doing both of those tasted better than actual vanilla rye.

I wonder if you could get the something mildly similar by opening a Victory At Sea, pouring a little bit of whisky into it, recapping, and then waiting a day or two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yeah I thought you'd have to have a very gentle touch when adding liquor to beer that way.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Slore Tactician posted:

So, could someone define "New Money" for me please? I keep hearing it bandied about the trading groups on Facebook, usually by the more irritating/lovely traders. It sounds like a pedantic, exclusionary thing to call somebody.

So far it seems to just be used against dudes that can afford poo poo they can't afford because they're jealous of people going to asheville and coming back with six cases of wicked weed or whatever specific example you can think of where you thought "drat, I can't afford that. I wish I could."

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 9, 2015

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I once arranged a trade for a beer while in line for it, I'm #newmoney

my friend knew I lived nearby to the place and texted me as I was in line already planning on buying him one

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Apache posted:

I'm local to the latter, sort of, but I'm not sure that they bottle it. Only Angry Chair bottle I've heard of is Big Deborah.

They just bottled it this week. Shouldn't sell out quick, Big Deborah lasted a decent while.

image not mine

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

krustster posted:

That is NOT a german chocolate cupcake on the label. :mad:

Yeah I don't see an arm band or anything.

Just by looking at the pic they posted of the cooler and the fact that it's not BA I think it should last way beyond Sunday. But who knows. Hype is fickle.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lyon posted:

I'm going to strongly disagree with this. Hunahpu is a bad beer, I drain poured half of a 2016 because it tasted like straight pepper (mix of green and chili) and even the 2014 I opened a few nights ago was still more pepper than I'd like. The 2016 Abraxas was much much better in my opinion. Maybe a 2012 Huna would be excellent but good lord.

Also a Rare should be able to pull more than an Abraxas or Hunahpuh. While Rare is a shelf beer the others will get made every year whereas Rare won't.

I traded a Rare for a Cycle DBR, 2014 BA Surly Darkness, and a BC Regal Rye. This was before all the infection nonsense which may have impacted what Rare is trading for (even though no reports of Rare being infected have come out yet).

Whoever traded that for rare is kind of an idiot if it was 2015 but whatever dude.

Huna is actually really good and so is Abraxis. I think they're pretty equal.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dphi posted:

More likely at the filling machines, right?

Those should also be entirely aseptic and if they aren't it's because someone royally hosed up.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Apache posted:

My guess is Vanilla Hazelnut Zhukov won't trade for much, it appears to have gotten wider distro than normal Zhukov this year. On another note, have any of you guys used spirited shippers for beer trades? I'm low on styro shippers and don't really trust the wine shippers since I've had breakage recently in one of them.

I saw someone on some part of the internet asking if vanilla hazelnut zhukov was really bad because he saw it on shelves and assumed it was poo poo since he could easily find it. I love beer nerds.

Also if you're feeling froggy, apparently the Prime Bar or Brass Tap in Wesley Chapel has Founders CBS on tap so happy hunting.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lyon posted:

Haha put together a list of 160 recent-ish hyped beer releases, 10 teams, everyone drafts 16 beers, and then have head to head highest secondary market value???

Aw gently caress I keep drafting Funky Buddha and everyone else is getting Omnipollo collabs

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lyon posted:

Haha I just don't like Huna and like to be a butt.

Huna is good and you have bad opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lyon posted:

I've drain poured every Huna from 2014-2017. Excited to have to drain pour this DBH once I crack it.

I'm glad you spend a bunch of money on poo poo you hate just because you want to mire in misery.

• Locked thread