Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bananasinpajamas posted:

Brewski Me has a terrible name but is pretty good. Basically a more robust untappd, and is actually an app, too. The UI can be a bit meh, but I think it's solid overall.

For the record, untappd is now actually an app rather than a browser-based thing - they put out a big update a month or so back that massively improved everything ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ShaneB posted:

I actually really disagree with this. Mobile web sites that look like apps are way better in nearly every way. Updates are on the server rather than client side, for one. And the Untappd app is basically the same drat HTML poo poo app-ized.

I found the app release of Untappd to work a hell of a lot better than the 'mobile web site' version (didn't actually open a page in Safari, which was weird) in terms of smoothness and functionality. But hey, to each their own - I don't want to derail this thread too much. :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Out of curiosity in case I ever run into the same situation, how'd you end up dealing with that?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

El Jebus posted:

Zam, where do you live? Looks like Redlands/LA/Temecula?

I hope at least LA, not Redlands/Temecula. Those areas suck rear end, speaking as someone who grew up in Orange/Carlsbad.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah but that's Whole Foods.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Take it to the cheese trading thread, you threadshitters :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I will say that Gandhi-Bot is very good, but is very frequently available. I visit the brewery pretty often and have shipped off mini-growlers of their stuff before.

Also, NEBCO is moving to a much, much larger facility down the road this month, so production is going to go through the roof. Sit tight, Gandhi-Bot's gonna be available for a while yet - no danger of it disappearing. :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LeafHouse posted:

Iso: Nugget Nectar, Perpetual IPA FT: My love. Also, Chicago beer.

I can probably cover you for that. Will know for sure by Monday once I'm back home and can check my store!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LeafHouse posted:

Awesome! I've been waiting for a chance to get my vengeance for that BIF... Muahahahaha!

Ok, stopped by my store on the way home today and got a sixer of Perpetual and two NN bombers. ("they come in bombers?!" you might say - that was my reaction too)

If that works for you let me know and we can handle the rest via PM - if you're holding out for 12ozs of NN, Me In Reverse can probably hook you up and I'll just have to drink all of this myself. :)

(Note: Perpetual is a shelf turd here so if you want more than one six pack of that I can easily hook you up)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ExtremistCow posted:

You didn't get a bad bottle.

Is that the prune one? It's gross.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

air- posted:

ISO: NEBCO Gandhi-Bot, Fuzzy Baby Ducks
FT: Prairie/Jester King/Other Texas distro, or if you want growlers: Lone Pint Yellow Rose, Live Oak Hefeweizen, Texian Charlie Foxtrot Berlinerweisse,

Basically I'm looking for someone who has access to NEBCO fills or cans regularly and if you happen to get either beer (I'm not in a hurry to do this), then great!

I'll be back in CT in 2 weekends' time and will keep this in mind if either is on tap then, since I've got 2 32oz growlers sitting around taking up space.

If one of the other CT goons can grab these earlier than that, go for it - this is by no means a dibs as I've already done my part in sending NEBCO's bounty to TX. :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is on behalf of a trusted friend of mine - I will absolutely toxx/vouch for him as needed.

FT: Fresh Heady Topper (canned this week) - up to 16 4 cans available!
ISO: Stuff that's not available in the NJ/PA area, including 3 Floyds, Cigar City bottles, etc. Sours, imperial stouts, and barleywines preferred. (He's very open to offers, mostly wants to use this as a chance to try some new stuff that he can't get his hands on out here.)

Podima fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 20, 2014

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm like a hour and a half out (Central Jersey), but my buddy actually lives right outside of Philly and would totally be up for an in-person trade. If you want I can put you in touch with him via email to see if you two can work something out - PM me your email address if you'd like!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Imasalmon posted:

I'd love to try heady! I can get almost everything in Texas, if there's anything in particular he's after. I have a ton of great stouts on hand, but I can get the non brewery only jester king stuff easily enough.

PM me your email address or post it here and I'll get you in touch with him!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nosleep posted:

Well I only realized today that apparently Stone Wootstout 2.0 is only being released in CA and KY. That sucks a big one. Anyone able to trade me a couple? I'm in DC/MD/VA distribution.

Wait, what? That's awful. :( ISO! If anyone gets their hands on an extra, let me know - my buddies here want one too, so we can pool resources to make it worth your while. (NJ/PA/CT distribution)

Podima fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 18, 2014

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have Bell's Mars sitting on shelves in their area, or an extra bottle or two from your own purchase? My fiancee was in marching band when she was still a student, and she badly wants to get the whole series as it comes out. I can trade plenty of local NJ/PA/CT stuff!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

a worthy uhh posted:

..what does a series of beer named after planets have to do with marching band?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Planets

http://bellsbeer.com/blog/265-bell___s_planet_series__inspired_by_music_of_gustav_holst__will_debut_in_august

tl;dr she hated playing this back in the day, and wants the bottles on a shelf so she can glare angrily at them and drink them in vengeance, or something. I dunno, I'm just the messenger!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

krustster posted:

I will look around tomorrow and see if there are any actual six packs still around here. Failing that, I do have 3 individual bottles sitting around so if you don't find anybody I can hook you up in the "bottle or two" department (if you literally just want 1-2 of them). Let me know! Also, I'll let you know.

Even just a couple of bottles would do if you can't find any packs - thanks dude! :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

krustster posted:

I will look around tomorrow and see if there are any actual six packs still around here. Failing that, I do have 3 individual bottles sitting around so if you don't find anybody I can hook you up in the "bottle or two" department (if you literally just want 1-2 of them). Let me know! Also, I'll let you know.

Podima posted:

Even just a couple of bottles would do if you can't find any packs - thanks dude! :)

Following up on this exchange to confirm that krustster is a cool dude to trade with and was kind enough to throw in some neat extras (including a Black Note Stout!) along with 3 bottles of Mars. Thanks again!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Concur with GiF as our next *iF

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Zam posted:

If anyone else needs a BT Trustee, I will gladly do it for a label only.

I was just about to send you a PM. :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Count me in as well!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Go ahead and take me off the list - thanks for picking one up, but things are a little too hectic right now to organize a trade. Sorry about that, but it looks like there are plenty of people who would love a bottle and are less lame than I am! :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
ISO this year's Firestone Walker Sucaba, 1-2 bottles. Haven't been able to find it in my area yet and I have a vertical to finish!

I don't have a ton of availability to trade at the moment, but will totally paypal you for cost+shipping!

• Locked thread