Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Wanted to stop in and introduce my self. I'm in PHX Az, relatively new to trading. I'd hope to start maybe doing some local trades if possible and if people are looking for anything specific from Az I might be able to help you out.

FT:
3 Grapefruit Sculpin
3 Victory at Sea
1 Bell's Mercury
1 2013 Bourbon County Coffee

ISO: Zombie Dust, Mex wedding cake, FW ANN , just make me an offer maybe

sterster fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

danbanana posted:

Welcome!

Just a hint: other than the BCBCS, the things you have for trade have pretty good distribution around the country so you might not get many bites for them.

That said, I don't think we have many Beer Goons in AZ, and I'd bet there'd be some demand for the more highly regarded breweries out of there, especially Arizona Wilderness and Fate.

Yeah I know. Just because we are all goons doesn't make us kin. So playing my cards a little closer till I feel comfortable in this thread.

As for being one of few in Az. Great! I guess. Unless you all abuse me like a poor beer mule. Please be nice. Otherwise Az has an amazing and growing local brew community.

May I suggest:
Arizona Wilderness
Beer Research Institute
College Street
Desert Eagle
Fate Brewing Co.
Four Peaks
Huss
O.H.S.O. Nanobrewery
Mother Road
Mudshark
Papago
SanTan - HopShock IPA & You're lucky they just started canning winter warmer & other cask beers
Sleepy Dog
Sonoran Brewing Company - an amazing white chocolate
Lumberyard Brewing Co - not a big fan some people like

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Ok, so I'm thinking that as I'm one of few if any AZ goons it would be cool to just throw together 2 of 3 local sample 'mystery' boxes. Each with 6-12 of the same beers. How if at all do you deal with brewers who don't bottle/can. 32oz growler? Should I not bother with it? Is there any interest in these?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
So English and my use of it is terrible. as such I could have better explained my plan. Not 6-12 of the same for each box but 6/12 different bottles across all 3 boxes. Buy 3 mix and match sixes of local stuff then distribute across the 3 boxes.
Bif?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
You looking for a particular year? I've 2015.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
No luck anyplace else. So going to try here.

ISO: Westbrook Mexican Cake. Also BA & Varients ( This could also include the upcoming release. I'm willing to wait.)
FT: beerfor.trade/sterster & or money

sterster fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 9, 2015

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Ok so no Mexi Cake how about - hunahpu

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
So going to try for another beer on here

ISO: Bo & Luke, London Balling
FT: Stickee Monkee, Uncle Jacobs or BCBS

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
ISO someone to mule me some Pipeworks brews.
FT: I don't have much to trade at the moment but if there is something in particular or you have a list perhaps I could help.

I don't know when things are available but here is what I need to find if they are available fresh..ish
Looking for:
Ninja V Unicorn 6+
Sure Bet 1
Citr 1
4 Hands Square Grouper 1

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
ISO: Born Yesterday Pale Ale Lagunitas
Seems like a fat chance but thought I'd ask.

Check my list - https://thebeerexchange.io/Sterster

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I assumed it was a one time thing based on the BA page - http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/133621/

So, they are making it again? Links/info to back this?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Any one with Nutulhu from GI?
I have no clue what trade value is on this thing. 1:1 DL w/ plus? Shoot me a message and maybe we can work something out with other brews I have

Edit:
Welp, Just read some forums on bottle counts & price and I'm off and probably won't be able to pull this but if you have it maybe I can give you a handy for it.

sterster fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 21, 2015

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

danbanana posted:

Nor would a handy. Actual holes need to be in the offer.

(Outside of the gin yuzu thing from Off Color, it was the best thing I had at FOBAB this year)

I give a pretty mean handy so I've been told. I'd even add a finger in the rear end too. ;)

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Buddy is looking to replace an FO that was damaged. :'(
FT options: VR, Cantillion Gueze & Kriek 355ml, Zima, Black Tuesday and or $$.
Let me know if this interest you.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Looking to pick up some things on my list. Things that are marked X & C are not needed.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iDfncSOI0dMeCmvHap6h0sTjoAWNzqOxAByDjLJSbiA/edit#gid=0&vpid=A

I've got 15' BW & BCBS, 14'BW & BCBS, Hellderado, Sucaba, Blushing Monk.
I can also get growler fills of Arizona Wilderness brews and Standard Superstition Meadery stuff.
Let me know if any of this interesting to you guys.

sterster fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 28, 2015

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I've got 1 Regal I can let go of. I've got plenty of BCBW & BCBS. I'd be looking for stuff off of this list. Anything that is marked X or C we are not in search of.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iDfncSOI0dMeCmvHap6h0sTjoAWNzqOxAByDjLJSbiA/edit#gid=

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Also interested in 1. You doing cash or trade?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I don't know what the trade value for the MBCP is so hopefully you are flexible on what you want for it. Don't have the whalez tbh.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Did Sump just get released? Anyone have one they are willing to let go and at what cost? PM and we can work something out.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Apache posted:

Just finished trades with Furious Lobster, Retemnav, and sterster. All great traders.

Edit, Funkybottoms is a great trade partner as well.

Good stuff. Quick delivery. Added some nice extras. Awesome stuff. would trade with again

wattershed posted:

Another good goon trade!

I did a trade with sterster a while back. In the process, I forgot a bottle that wasn't an extra, and one of the bottles inside broke (I am cursed whenever I send Alpine, but that's another story). Around that time my wife had our son, we spent a week in the NICU, I was sick for 50 straight days, etc. Life poo poo. Anyway, that whole time I'd been meaning to get a "finish the trade and make up for the delay" box out to him and the entire time he was super cool and never made me feel like an arse for taking so long to get him his bottles.

So tl:dr he's a cool dude and you should trade with him. That's all.

Thanks for the kind words and sorry about you being sick and everything that was going on. I was just trying to be considerate of your situation as best as possible. If you weren't a goon I would probably have come down a little harder. But you fulfilled well above what was needed and I appreciate that a lot. Will trade with again. Cheers guys!

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Tumble posted:

I live in Burlington VT and have good access to Sip of Sunshine and Heady Topper if people are interested in stocking up on it for themselves.

I really only would care to trade for some Pliny but if people are interested, I can just start buying Heady/Sip when I see it and shipping it out. What's the going rate for Heady Topper these days anyways?

Az dude checking in. I'd be interested in both. More so the sip but it's been a while since I've had fresh Heady. I could hook you up with $4$ Az ipas and stuff.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

ISO this year's Firestone Walker Sucaba, 1-2 bottles. Haven't been able to find it in my area yet and I have a vertical to finish!

I don't have a ton of availability to trade at the moment, but will totally paypal you for cost+shipping!

I sent you a Pm. I'd be more interested in a trade tbh.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Anyone have access to other half? Looking for All Green, Hop Shower, Nelson, Mosaic. Pretty much anything. But really want All Green & Nelson. Looking for 6-12 cans if possible. Have access to local Az stuff. Including Arizona Wilderness, SanTan, Four Peaks and have some stouts on hand that I'd consider letting go. Cheers!

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Is Allagash Coolship Red hard to come by? Whats the trade value, Can I interest someone in a parabola?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I assume this is the same for Coolship Resurgam too?
Basically anything that is on this list I'm looking for (things not marked with a C or X). The more sought after stuff I probably can't trade for but maybe we can work out something for the lesser stuff.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iDfncSOI0dMeCmvHap6h0sTjoAWNzqOxAByDjLJSbiA/edit?usp=sharing

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I know the more rare stuff is going to be a pain. I'm just looking to take care of the more easy stuff. I guess the one benefit I have going is that I have access to 4 cellars wort of drat good beer to make things happen. This is a group effort and we've gotten over 50% so far. Just trying to make it the rest of the way. That being said, do you have access to the allagash funky?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I would say most of their sours are worth trying. It's good stuff and not overly sour/tart. Freak of nature and Pernicious are solid.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
SERIOUS, posting for a friend.

"Hello Everyone
I am ISO the impossible in a short time frame. I have a friend that will be moving to Denver and I would like to get a special beer for his going away party which is also his birthday. He has been a great friend and I'd like to surprise him with this.
So with that said....

ISO: KBBS...
FT: $, Whaleslayer, Beer, etc..

if anyone knows someone that has one available please let me know."

He's pretty motivated to get this and I figured I'd try to help. If you're interested let me know and I'll connect you.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
He is very serious. That's why I put the serious tag at the top. He's an idiot that is willing to spend 1200-1500 on a 12oz beer. poo poo he already has 800$ in loving whale slayer bottle openers and more loving beer then you can shake a stick at.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

funkybottoms posted:

how much would your buddy pay for a goatse whaleslayer? i know JR; i can try to make this happen

Considering he probably has no clue what goatse is... $100. I'm serious that he owns I think 4 of them now. Has been invited to JR's private camping share. It's kind of ridiculous. I think he's going to try and get one of the whale, whale slayers the ones that bid for like 400 I think. Chris is too nice of a guy though. It's hard to actually beat up on him as a person just his frivolous spending.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

funkybottoms posted:

me: hey, can you make a goatse opener for that dude in Arizona that has like twenty whaleslayers and is looking for KBBS?
JR: gently caress..............I had to look up goatse. You are an rear end for causing me to do that.
me: what *kind* of rear end, though- prolapsed, perhaps?

HAHAHAHA please tell me this conversation really happened. Too good. good ol goatse still a shock in 2016. Glad to see it's living on strong.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Lyon posted:

This was before all the infection nonsense which may have impacted what Rare is trading for (even though no reports of Rare being infected have come out yet).

Rare is a 2013 bcbs beer aged in different barrels IIRC. There shouldn't theoretically, be any sort of infection that corresponds to the most recent GI fiasco.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Just throwing this out because I hate money and I've consumed too many local beers lately.

ISO: Backyard
Peach n' brett
Serendipity, Wisconsin Belgian Red
Lizard King, Ninja v Unicorn
Swami, Kook
Bo & Luke, London Balling, Citra rear end Down
Ba Skillet Donut Stout, Skillet Donut Stout
Jai alai
Blind Pig, Pliney
Elevated, Project Dank
Heady
Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, French Toast somethong or other
Black Agnes, Raspberry Schramm's
Consecration
Sip of Sunshine
Hoppy balboa
Omega Point
Tiramisu-Hoo
Map of the Sun
Barrel-Aged Hazelnut Imperial Stout
All Green Everything, Hopshower, Mosaic ( or any other half stuff )

FT: $money$, Az stuff ( Superstition Meadery, Arizona Wilderness, Four Peak, SanTan and more! ) Parabola 16, 15 Durk Lord, Ba bigfoot, either a tweak or uncle jacob's I can't remember.

sterster fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 26, 2016

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Anyone open to muleing some FL stuff? Was thinking a 12 shipper dbl stacked with cans so 12 Jai Alai and 12 Jdub Passion Wheat. I could trade some Az stuff if you want. Was thinking of just covering cost + extras.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Looking for an easy mule. I have a buddy who wants to try yuenglings and approached me knowing I'm a beer person. So was thinking maybe $50 for a 12 pack shipped. Let me know if I'm off.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Sirotan posted:

12 pack of cans probably costs what, $10? Shipping would probably be $20 or under.

Don't get Yuengling in my state but I'm sure plenty of people can help you out.

Yeah this is close to what I was thinking expect a quick google search turned up about 12-13$ for the 12pk. Was trying to give 15-20$ for a thank you thus why I landed on $50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Edit: just found that I can actually pay to have this shipped form a site.
http://www.luekensliquors.com/shopping-cart cost is $47.74 I'm going to shoot him the site in a message and see if he wants to just do that.

In no rush for who ever wants to take on this task.

sterster fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 18, 2017

• Locked thread