Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Snowdens Secret posted:

They also have that newer model (Switchback?) with the enormous rear wheel and the retractable passenger seat (that frankly looks like total rear end)

It's the Rocker you're referring to. And there's also the Crossbones, but I think it's just a Softtail with a springer front end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Saga posted:

The 1125R/CR addressed the latter, but the result was a physically large bike that (like the air-cooled Buells) isn't a patch on the premium liter bike competition cosmetically and lags behind them in terms of power.

I rode a CR once. Those Ace bars were just loving ridiculously stupid and it made it so hard to turn and my god did it crank out some heat.

Absolute belter of a motor though. Thing was stupidly fast.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I like the Muscle personally:

Mostly for tail. It'd be awesome if you could get one with mid-controls rather than the stupid arma and feet stretched right out riding position. Actually, if you could fit a Street Rod with the Muscle bodywork, that'd be awesome.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Not gonna lie, I'm loving the poo poo outta the new '72 Sportster:

Looks so drat cool with those whitewalls.

2ndclasscitizen fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 10, 2012

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Spiffness posted:

James Toseland buys a Harley...

poo poo, this means that there is at least one Harley rider on the road I can't make fun of. I have to be more discerning now :(

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/james-toseland-gets-a-harley-shocker/20457.html

I'd love to see him rail on that thing

I'd say that there's one more you can make fun of, Toseland is a tool.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
There's some patent drawings floating around of H-D's water cooling solution for the non-V-Rod models, they're basically just going to be water cooling the heads and tucking the radiators pretty much totally out of sight. Air-cooled engines are not long for this world anyway, emissions standards will kill them off sooner rather than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nidhg00670000 posted:

It's even better than this. Claudio Castiglioni was, if nothing else, a wheeler dealer the likes of which will never be seen again. In 2004 he sold a 58 percent stake in MV Agusta (along with the Husqvarna and Cagiva brands) to Proton for 70 million Euro, only to buy it back for 1 Euro in 2005 (along with 107 million Euros of debt that MV had incurred). Husqvarna was then sold off to BMW for a cool 93 million Euros. Then in 2008, Harley acquired 100 percent of MV (and Cagiva) for 70 million Euros out of which 45 million Euros was debt payments. And finally in 2010 MV was back with Castiglioni, debt free and with millions invested in new tooling and machinery. Rumors from Italy have it that Castiglioni again got it for that one (1) symbolic Euro.

So unless I hosed my maths up the Castiglionis wound up 126mil Euros up?

• Locked thread