Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

Deeters posted:

As I mentioned in the stupid poo poo thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSmsmclOnOI

A HD in the rain? How is that possible? I also could clearly hear the stereo over the pipes. That don't make no sense!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

I thought this was a joke...but it isn't. Ride your Harley to the GOLF COURSE!

http://www.milwaukeegolfcaddy.com/

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Marv Hushman posted:

Could the Sporty be nipping at the heels of the SV as CA hivemind weapon of choice? I demand a recount :)

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Ape Hangers aren't unstable for doing what Harleys do best which is riding in a straight line at 65 MPH. :hurr:

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

DILLIGAF posted:

With the fat front tire on my bike, there is a lot of stress on the forks when riding twisty roads. After a couple of days at Deal's gap, my fork seals were shot, same thing happened the next year.

Looked around and couldn't find any 41mm wide glide fork braces that I really liked, and the prices were ridiculous, so I figured I could redneck something together that would help.

Some 1/4" steel, a hole saw, an angle grinder, some steel tubing and threaded rod, this is what I came up with.

While I was at it, I changed out the sliders, completely rebuilt the forks and did a brake job.

Now to take it back to Deal's Gap and see if it helps!
Wouldn't it be better to put the stock tire back on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

It just seems to me that blowing fork seals for something that supposedly rides better and looks better seems horribly unsafe to me. Thinner tires means more grip for cornering. Thicker tires is for riding in straight lines.

To each their own. Just stay safe.

• Locked thread