Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I don't even know what to say to this, Rachel is loving insane. I thought I dated a crazy Rachel but she just had a issues with her mother. I can only hope we eventually learn the source of all her lovely behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Your mom is pretty crazy but that sounds all sorts of awesome... I think. It's hard to tell who the guiltier party there was.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I can't remember my childhood playing habits, hell I can't remember high school all that well, so I can't chime in with whatever hosed up things I did with my toys. I can say that this last page had me cackling like a maniac.

bringmyfishback posted:

I eventually buried her in the river after all her limbs and head fell off.
Priceless

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm not even going to preface this with anything or provide context. There is none:

quote:

I have also come to realize that I am a cat. I am not a furry, I can't really explain why not, I'm just not. Several people have told me I'm a cat, and the way that I kind of bond with other I've met that identify as cats. If you want to read details about my cat side, you can visit my writing About River In short though, my cat side is called River (because I'm a geek). However, this is not just one River but two. River comes from River Song, because she is boisterous and not afraid to go for what she wants. My River is generally quiet, but is happy around those she likes and familiar settings. She can be flirty and fun and aggressive. River also comes from River Tam. She is quiet and weird and can't always communicate things, but she is fiercely loyal and if you threaten those she cares about, she will defend them ferociously. Overall, if I seem odd or quiet, just imagine a cat sitting back and watching the crowd.

quote:

This is the about for my cat side, River.

River is a golden tabby colored Sumatra tiger that was born and raised in captivity, so she is willing to tolerate humans. She is generally a serious cat that can be found watching others quietly from a distance. She can often be found working toward a goal. She is thorough, responsible, dependable, well-organized, and hard-working. She is often extremely logical and can have difficultly communicating with others because of it. She is quite capable of accomplishing any task that she puts her mind to and is always eager to learn. She is motivated by challenge and is a natural leader, though she generally prefers to work alone. In addition, she doesn't follow traditional feminine norms and many consider her more masculine than feminine.

Due to her suspicious nature, she finds it hard to trust others. However, once she warms up to you she can be fiercely loyal. She often gives 100% of herself when involved with something. She can be a radiant hostess and is most comfortable in a familiar setting. She is not often affectionate with others, but when she is she is playful and passionate.

River can be a bit aggressive and is generally not afraid to go after what she wants, in all aspects of life. She may often seem like a sweet, well mannered house cat, but she keeps her claws sharped and will use them if crossed, especially if someone she cares about is threatened. She views herself as noble and fearsome, but can also be commanding and exasperating. She enjoys giving instructions and can get frustrated when they are not carried out properly. She especially does not like to take no for an answer. On the other side, she is prone to hold too much inside and keep things to herself, which can make it quite difficult to get stress out of her system.

I don't really talk to this person any longer.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Please tell me they are a fat socially awkward anime loving nerd?

A fat socially awkward STEM major who thinks they're smarter than everyone else.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This is partially my opinion but this is going on because very few people want to hang out with her as she is super boring and hard to talk to. She was in my house for a few days (this was way early before I started digging through all the layers of WTF) and after a point I stopped trying to engage in conversation with her as she just didn't seem to understand how to respond to casual small talk. The people who will hang out with her are "never judge anyone for anything they do all actions and opinions are valid." and/or hardcore BSDM types who think this way themselves so she's going along with this because she is seeking some sort of validation from anyone she can. Much as I'm not super normal myself the "BDSM community" around her is very two sided in that they're great for accepting everyone as they are but no one will ever go "dude that's hosed up" or do the slightest bit of judging. It's the geek social fallacies on hormones and broken brain chemcials, which doesn't help her have any moments of clarity.

She frequently has people make excuses not to come see her and not try very hard to hide that fact. Typically they'll hang out with her/gently caress her once and then not really want to make an effort to do it again. Any attempts to point out to ms super brain that hey if no one really wants to actually hang out with you maybe the problem is you gets met with all sorts of deflections that it's because of how society tells people to act or obviously that person is a jerk. My favorite was the time she got super mad on facebook about some article on looking better and her response was "all they did was have everyone lose weight, being fat doesn't make you ugly!! >_<". She also argued with a doctor when he said her 240lbs was why her knee hurt; her reasoning was if it was my weight then both my legs would hurt wouldn't they??

Course this same girl said my 5'6", 190lb self was "scrawny". Any attempts on my part to explain just because I have a reasonable waist size doesn't mean I'm small/light went right over her head.

Another fun moment was when she was talking about how she is definitely smarter than most people since she has an engineering brain/schooling and if everyone thought like her instead of a spacy housewife things would be a lot better. I guess she felt like she could say this to me since I have a Comp Eng degree but I just ended up :catstare:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The twat I mentioned earlier posted this last night that made me :ughh:

quote:

Oh the struggles of Geek vs Kink... invited to a swinger-sex party on Saturday... but it's also the season premiere of Doctor Who...

"But you can just DVR the show"

quote:

Yeah... but then have to avoid spoilers... etc. I've already worked hard enough to avoid any trailers, news or anything about the new season. I like to go in cold.

Not reading the Internet before going to bed is impossible apparently.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

You sure you didn't accidentally meet Azure Horizon cause it sure sounds like you did. loving yikes

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Hate Fibration posted:

Maybe the cause and effect is the other way around?

Maybe chronic pain makes people a little loopy.
Maybe. Friend of mine just ended up at my place for a few months because she got kicked out of her old room by her landlord who has some sort of massive migraine issue. I really do think the constant pain and normal stress has caused the landlord to slowly start losing her mind as some of the things this woman said as we were getting my friend out were not in line with reality. Before they got along great and always worked out everything but something suddenly snapped.

That all said I know something significant happened with the landlord at the same time everything started to fall apart, so it's probably a mix of a lot of things. I had insanely painful ulcers for a couple of years but it never effected my mood to the same degree that we're talking about in the thread so :shrug:. Some people may just be a little crazy until you throw fuel on the fire then you get well everything in this thread.

Bart Fargo posted:

Where does really liking Ticket To Ride put me on the spectrum? Serious question. :ohdear:
My family likes it a lot and they're as typical boring people as one could imagine so its not nothing to do with being a sperg, you're safe.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 24, 2016

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This thread is now awesome again holy loving poo poo.

Well, not as much the part were you have to expend time, energy, & funds dealing with someone who plainly should be locked up somewhere and kept away from the rest of society. :(

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I don't have much to add other than thank you for that, it's a hell of a story and it's not even totally done yet :suspense:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

froglet posted:

Holy poo poo. I can't believe she went that far. What is wrong with people?

Also - how do people find the time to do stuff like this? Don't people have better things to do with their time than nuture their unfounded hatred?

Sounds like she's an unemployable loser is taken care of by mom and dad, who don't have enough sense to get her committed.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I always love when there's a live one that comes into the thread to tell us exactly how nutty they are :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Don't bother defending someone who thinks they're an owl or whatever, their head is busted. just quietly sit back and let them own themselves.

• Locked thread