Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Which makes you wonder, how would an encounter between two people married/bonded to the same character play out? Would they call each other out on their craziness, become best buddies, or fight it out for the right to pretent-date their imaginary boyfriend/girlfriend?

Because my understanding from the stories in these threads is that these people usually make sure that their fictional harems are carefully divided among their circle of friends to avoid any conflicts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Dabbo posted:

What he really needs is an extended seperation from our mom, but I have no idea how that could be arranged. Would they be able to keep her from contacting him at an institution?

Yes, if they are committed to different ones.

This thread has been mind-blowing. I have my own friend who has an anime obsession (no merchandize, just watches a truckload every day) and there was a period that he claimed that there were two other people living in his head, one of which was a demon, but he is also the kindest person I know and he has helped me and even people he just met many, many times, so I'd rather not talk about him in these forums.

Not to mention that there was absolutely nothing he did that was even close to the caliber of the stories in this thread. Mostly things like walking into his apartment and finding notes left from one of his personalities to another.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

LyonsLions posted:

For some reason Japanese TV stations love to go out in Tokyo and find the fattest, greasiest anime nerd tourists and put them on TV

It's for the exact same reason that this thread is gold. You know, it's kinda reassuring to know that despite our so many cultural differences, there are some things that both the East and West find fascinatingly weird.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Khazar-khum posted:

There were many others, but the one I recall best, Dave, had gotten Liz pregnant while they were both in dragon form. Unfortunately when she shifted back to human form she stayed pregnant. After a fight with Pete she had an abortion, telling him afterwards that she killed his baby because it was evil. Or a black dragon, or because she had seen his true form and he had to be stopped. In any event she never told Pete the baby wasn't his.

Wait, was this a real pregnancy, or an "astral pregnancy"? You really need to be specific in this thread.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Khazar-khum posted:

For a while Pete & Liz lived with Bill's family,

Those poor, poor people. I can't even begin to imagine suddenly having to live with these weirdos. How long is "a while" anyway? After reading these stories, even a weekend with them would feel like eternity.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Corridor posted:

The Nightmare Before Christmas accessories.

:stare: Holy poo poo, TNBC accessories!

I remember reading a thread (might have been this forum too) several years ago, where the topic was about "signs that a woman might be crazy or something". Yeah, it was as sexist and terrible as you imagine, and the thing that tipped me off that they were full of poo poo was every single one of them mentioning that a fascination with that movie was a sure sign of craziness.

And then a year later I almost got involved with a girl that had a TNBC bag, and I am pretty sure that had I grown up with her, I would have had a lot of stories to share in this thread.

I don't have any specific anecdotes about her (or worthwhile to write about), but her fiance (she was single when we were messing around, this happened much later) once told her that he didn't want to bring her to his home, because he was sure that she had AIDS and she would somehow transmit it to his mother.

And she didn't dump his insane rear end on the spot after hearing this. In fact, it was him that dumped her after she made a semi-annoyed remark about him talking to his mother on the phone or something (yeah, you can see a pattern forming here).

But anyway, The Nightmare Before Christmass... I still don't think that liking that movie (ANY movie) is a sign of mental instability, but that bullshit was definitely spot-on with her.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

the kawaiiest posted:

alchemy stuff

Ok, before we are entirely done with the Gaiachat, and in order to put this into perspective, how are the developers making profit on this? Are they charging users for special items? For the ingredients? When you say that a girl spent 700$, did that money go directly to the company that manages Gaia, or to other users who were selling the ingredients? Why does all this sound like one big scam that I am angry I didn't think of first?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

More importantly, is it a real baby, or just another of Sephiroth's astral offspring?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Mizufusion posted:

Prior to dropping contact, Lacey mention that her "condition" started when she was in high school. I'm no expert on this sort of thing, but I don't think it's common for people to just wake up crazy, and she has no history of head trauma, that I'm aware of.

I remember a thread in A/T a few years back, about a girl claiming to have an actual multiple personality disorder. Of course there were posters who doubted her, but all in all it was an interesting read, and she made no claims that she was not batshit insane. Anyway, one of the things she mentioned, from what I remember, was that she had those personalities from as long as she could remember, and considered it normal until it was explained to her that other people don't, in fact, have multiple people living in their heads.

If anyone could find that thread, I'll seriously consider buying myself archives, it was really good.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

So wait, what did it mean when I saw two cops playing YuGiOh in a McDs in Chicago once?

It means that YuGiOh started out nearly 15 years ago, and the original audience is starting to hold normal people jobs, while still goofing off to their childhood pastimes from time to time :unsmith:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

And, without being an actual psychiatrist either, I think that "sucking it up and being an adult" is what you have to do if you still waste all your time playing video games at age 30, not when you have an untreated mental condition that makes you think that you can shoot fireballs.

I mean, I laughed as much as the next goon with these stories, and got angry when these people were being inconsiderate to others, but I never once thought that it was a matter of not choosing to become responsible adults over delusional man babies.

Rexides fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 2, 2012

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

That's a great addition to the thread, but I am pretty sure that it was not her I was talking about. I don't remember any of her personalities being "the goddess of discord" or other drama queen bullshit, I think they were all pretty boring dudes/women who were mostly minding their own business inside a girl's head.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

My only Owl Experience was when I was attacked by a wounded owl that my father had brought home when I was about 5.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Are you being forced to live with this new housemate or did you some how choose them??

Jeez, haven't you watched any anime? The protagonist is always forced into a housing situation with a wacky roommate, it's never his choice. Hijinks!

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

There was an rear end in a top hat who kept glomping me during high school, but I don't think he was into anime, he was just an rear end in a top hat.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Or maybe she wished that he had cancer so hard, that she actually believed it.

(or most probably is the kind of lovely person who would avoid someone with a terminal disease, and assumed that everyone else would do the same thing)

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The first is a bit weird, because "shut up" usually equates to "stop posting". I prefer the second one, which also fits better with :justpost:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

This world needs more wizards.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Blckdrgn posted:

she said she had a good time, I said "I did too!" (I didn't).

Oh man, way to waste the perfect time-witch joke opportunity <:mad:>

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Well, when you don't even have a body, you can't be a chooser.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The two things that really weird me out about Nigel's stories are

a)Including his own father in his delusions, as these kind of people usually try to distance themselves as much as possible from their family, especially when they are as oppressive as you make him to be, and
b)The Wild Thornberries of all things :psyduck:?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Wild T posted:

About his metal band in New York with the seven-foot-tall guitar player named Zombie, who seriously you guys got shot and died one weekend, so we prayed to Satan and brought him back from the dead...

Bullshit, zombies can only play the bass.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Wedemeyer posted:

Oh, and my sister also had this sailor moon tabletop roleplaying book where you could make you own characters by filling out a form.

:spergin:It's called a character sheet.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Also, I bet that the [SERIES] he was raving about was Sonic the Hedgehog. It was Sonic, right? It's always Sonic.

e: vvvvv I think you are confusing two different weirdoes.

e2: Nope, it seems it was not Sonic after all.

Rexides fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 6, 2013

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

monsteroftheweek posted:

"I got these for you. I knew you'd appreciate the... work it took to acquire them."

:stonk:

Of all the "nice things I can do for a woman that will guarantee me sex (in my mind)", how could he possibly go for an offering of teeth? Did you mention teeth at some previous point? Did he have a fascination with teeth that you did not mention? Why teeth?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

atroquinine posted:

We also had a fourth roommate who refused to shower or wear deodorant and had an obsession with animal fur skins - she smelled so awful the cat thought her bed was a litter box. She had her own unfortunate anime-inspired bat-shittery I won't get into.

Oh, don't worry, we have a thread for that too.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Alternate personalities seem to always be power trips. Maybe living in the 70's and having a stable white collar job feels powerful enough for Andy? That makes it seem sadder than Denise.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Looking forward to astral impregnation by Price Erik. Will be a refreshing change from all the astral anime bishies.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Now I see why you picked 'Cinderella' for her fake name, if there is one thing that movie taught us is that unconscious girls get the prince.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

kinmik posted:

I think you either mean Snow White or Sleeping Beauty. Unless it was this Cinderella.

Haha, I clearly need to revisit my childhood movies again, seems like they have been merged into a single amalgamation of a woman-baby's fantasies.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Hibiscus posted:

Basically, Aristasia is an alternate world (Like Narnia, I thought? Cool!) where no men exist, and everyone looks like a girl. Instead of having men around, Aristasia has two female sexes: blondes and brunettes. Blondes are hyper-feminine, whereas brunettes are more butch (but still innocent and gentle and all that jazz!).

:psyduck:

This whole thing sounds like a steampunk version of someone's fevered dream about a vintage lesbian video he watched when he was 12.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

I think it helps that most people don't realize that being a mermaid is a thing. So what little exposure people have to them will be in photo shoots or events. For instance, you're hardly going to see them at video game/comic/anime conventions, since you can't really walk once you've got the tail on. The ones you do see you'd probably imagine are something similar to booth babes. This lack of presence at events where a lot of different kinds of crazy are readily available (plus a decent chunk of internet folk) really helps them stay out of the spotlight. Even if they were there, they'd be hard pressed to outshine the other groups unless they did something really stupid. So unless you go actively looking, you're unlikely to pick up anything bad about them. So you should be safe Tuna.

Also, what they are trying to emulate has been portrayed in fiction to behave exactly like a human who lives underwater, so they don't have to pretend that they are fish. What makes furries insufferable is that they want to behave like animals.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I wonder if, in these kind of group delusion situations, maybe just one of them truly believes that he is possessed/reincarnated/whatever, and the rest just pretend because they think that every other member of the group is really that thing they claim to be and don't want to be left out.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I wonder what kind of doctor would take a look at a 17 year old (or was he older at that point?) and say "hmm, yes, this sure is a person with an abnormal obsession with sex".

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Hibiscus posted:

One of her friends manages to stop him, but before she goes back to sleep to astral project again, she smashes all the life support systems on her physical body.

Goons first spoil Game of Thrones, and now Goldenhead? When will it end? :qq:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Now that I know that he deserved whatever kung fu thing happened to him, I wanna hear that story too.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Is there a psychological condition that prevents people from apologising for rear end in a top hat behaviour unless threatened with murder? Even the biggest rear end in a top hat could at least fake an apology to the guy who is a loving semi-pro boxer.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

ManicMarmot posted:

I can't remember the exact order anymore, but the things that made into her 'sinful' list were: [...] candy

Kill all fundies.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Bubble_Princess posted:

Street Samurai

Downtown areas always seem to draw out the strange people that may or may not dress up to shock people. Not too long ago when I was with my roommate showing her best friend around our city, we came across a man dressed in what I could only call an attempt at modern samurai. Wearing a black sleeveless shirt and dark jeans, long hair tied back in a low ponytail but that what wasn't grabbing people's attention. On his back he carried a katana sword as well as the shorter sword (tanto I think?) at his hip with a belt and one of those training wooden swords crossed over the katana on his back and leather cuffs on both wrists.

Story is not complete without a description of his neckbeard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Beekeeping and You posted:

I think I'm just going to step away slowly.

Be careful not to trip on any whips or fursuits.

Beekeeping and You posted:

Well, one of them was this guy.

So, I have no idea. That guy was super loving cool though.

I wanna be friends with that dude.

• Locked thread