Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh God, The News Boys. Why? :suicide:
This was one really sad story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
From the description, it's totally Life on Mars... in space (and I don't mean the American version). What I want to say, I guess, is that if this book was written by people who can tell reality from fantasy, it wouldn't be that troubling. As it is, though, crazy madness all the way.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Goddamn, I refuse to believe there's no more content to be had for this thread.

If you love content in this thread so much, why don't you pretend you were married to it in your previous life?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FearCotton posted:

She seems happy, but often posts rants about people in her local Lolita costume group.

Wait, there's someone on SA who keeps doing that whenever creepy anime poo poo comes up. Could it be?..

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

value-brand cereal posted:

I don't recall what it originally meant, but two kinds of people use it lately. The anti social justice folks who call people special snowflakes and mock trigger warnings and poo poo who use tumblrkin as some weird pseudo-slur. They're also the same people who eagerly fall for trolls of 'I'm breadkin!' or 'I'm attack helicoptergenderkin!' type poo poo.

Then there's the 'greymuzzle' aka older otherkin/fictionkin/therian people who've identified as kin/therians for multiple decades who consider people with 30+ kintypes, IDs, sub-IDs, comfort characters [wtf is this new poo poo?] as fluffy tumblrkin. Mostly because if you learn about fictionkin and by the end of the week you suddenly have the entire cast of an anime as your kintypes, you probably don't know how to determine what a kintype is versus what you want to be a kintype. Being self critical and heavily introspective of potential kintypes was the norm for most otherkin until tumblr decided it means whatever they needed it to mean. I mean yeah you can have multiple kintypes at once, but it's just questionable if you can add and subtract kintypes depending on the flavor of the month, and what fandom you're currently into. [And this isn't even going into copinglink poo poo]

Is this real? Do you actually believe this?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When I was six I thought I was a multiverse reincarnation of every superhero and TV show protagonist ever. From Batman to Sherlock Holmes, from one of the ninja turtles to agent Cooper from Twin Peaks. Thank God I didn't have access to the internet back then.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OwlFancier posted:

Otherkins are not really much weirder than any of the major religions.

It is, though.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OwlFancier posted:

It isn't.

"I believe that a magic all powerful mary sue created me and guides every facet of my life and will take my inner spirit essence when i die and take it to live in a magical kingdom where everything is perfect as long as I follow this big book of rules."

Is not really weirder than

"I think I'm spiritually a cat."

Great, good for you, go figure out how to lick your own arsehole and may it bring you much joy.

Nah, all major religions have thousands of years of philosophical thought, tradition, and practice behind them. Doesn't mean they are right or whatever, but they definitely present well thought-out and internally consistent ideologies and beliefs.

While otherkins are just sad teenagers who've read a wiki article on Native American beliefs, if that, and ran with it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I like cats.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DicktheCat posted:

What a coincidence! Me too!

Maybe we are reincarnations of each other and also of cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Samizdata posted:

Just praying it is not showing up at your house with a katana/gun...

Or worse, a katanagun.

• Locked thread