Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
nthing the request for chronological order, and I love your drawings! I hope there's more of them in the future posts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

TheSkeletonMan posted:

Gee man you sure got a point there, but there's a bit of a double standard here, don't you think? If someone here posted a thread "Ask me about my roommate who's confined to a wheelchair and the awesome jokes I make behind his back" or "Ask me about living with a black person who's totally inferior to me and I remind them of it every day" they'd get torn to shreds. So why should a mental disability, of which a person may have no control over, which they may have been born with, be the subject of light-hearted comedy?

Holy poo poo, you're right, this behavior, which displays all the signs of mental illness, is loving hilarious, because it's not mental illness, because if it was, it wouldn't be so loving hilarious!!!
I don't think this is the right thread for you.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I'm pretty grateful that I didn't stick around with my own Denise to have enough stories for an Ask/Tell thread, but the high(low)lights were:
  • Putting on makeup to fake a black eye and claiming she was attacked by random thugs in an alleyway
  • Breaking her own glasses so she could pretend to be clutzy by dropping stuff 2ft away from the table she "meant" to set them on
  • Making a small cut in her hand so she could cough a lot and pretend to be coughing up blood
  • Wrapping her arm in bandages and claiming that she got gangrene from all the times she cut herself
  • Pretending that the aforementioned gangrene had gone inside of her and infected her internal organs, leaving her only 3 months to live
  • Calling me about a year after she was supposed to be dead pretending to have amnesia and wondering who this person on her phone contacts was (and me promptly changing my number within the week)

On the plus side, it did teach me a lot of lessons on how to spot The Crazy and avoid them in future.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Well she was a total weeaboo and put on the squeaky anime voice thing, I had forgotten about that in the myraid of other crazy poo poo.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

YJT posted:

While the evidence for the benefits of alternative medicine are sketchy at best, not all forms of it are as dumb as homeopathy and it would be possible to have a legit degree in it that required actual work and knowledge.
For the things that work, at what point are they no longer "alternative medicine" and become, simply, "medicine"?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

hallo spacedog posted:

To be fair pretty much every entry-level Japanese class has someone similar in it. Luckily, if you stick with it, those guys get weeded out by like second year max, in my experience. The upper levels still have unusual people in it, but no one quite so uniquely horrible and socially inept, because I think to get to that point you actually have to finally put in at least a modicum of effort.
Oddly enough, almost all of my step 1 Japanese class were the normal cool people, then by step 2 we merged with another step 1 class and there were more anime fans than before.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

the kawaiiest posted:

Here, :nws: :nms: I've got a gift for you.

You're welcome! :shobon:
Gif of the year! (For proving that humanity has reached a dead-end)

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Hedera Helix posted:

But we're only a couple of weeks into 2012... :v:
I know... :smith:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

la_fausse_tortue posted:

This is beautiful.

Also, I was chatting with Parrier today. He is thinking of taking Japanese at the same university I'm going to. Not sure if you remember me mentioning that I had trouble with the pace the classes are at, but one can only imagine how Parrier will handle them.

And he's in charge of something at the local convention this year. God help us all.
You have to enroll in the same class, or at least get stories from someone else who has!

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

PiratePing posted:

I've had several guys apparently try to flatter me by saying I wasn't like all those other vapid cunts girls because girls are weird but I was normal like a boy. Thanks I guess, I am 100% girl y'know :psyduck:
"You're cool because you talk to me"

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I want to see a rough depiction of what she thought a dick looked like, I don't know if this thread has broken me to the point where asking for that seems like a good idea.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
But if you're in the bathroom why wouldn't you throw it in the toilet rather than the waste basket?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I've worked at a gaming/anime/whatever con before where we had to tell a 12 year old girl with a Free Hugs sign "look, you can keep the sign, but just please be aware of the kind of people who may be around to take you up on that offer."

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

kinmik posted:

I could go into long detail relating the stories of "My Brother the Furry" now, but my brain is a little inarticulate and I don't even know if this is the right place.
There is no better place but this thread for such stories!

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
The second one has a consistent font too, which I like. It would be best to keep it as a generic emoticon I think rather than :animeguys:, lest we have another :fyh:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Also this reinterperation of the Bible gets funnier when you remember Jesus was a thirty three year old virgin.
Would his idea of showing love to everyone be analogous to the nerd circle's "hugbox" environment of never being able to openly tell anyone that they're stupid?

Have you ever had a "Jesus glomp", Do you know what one feels like? If you've never had a "Jesus glomp", I pray one day you might.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Jesus stayed disconnected from the internet for 40 days and 40 nights, before he finally gave in and went back onto Tumblr.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Mind Loving Owl posted:

So what was the fish and loaves incident? Him finding some budget place to a cater a con?
BitTorrent

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Corridor posted:

He came up to where I was painting a bunch of giant sun-shaped props yellow and asked my name, and I said it's Corridor, and he went, "Ah! Corridor of the golden suns!" in an almost reverential way before wandering off.
Obviously it wasn't actually "Corridor", but "The corridor of the golden suns" sounds like a very poetic phrase. :)

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I love how ghost people never want to sleep with really secure, confident, attractive people. It's always greasy anime obsessives and Ke$ha.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

teh winnar! posted:

I don't understand why so many people think they're the sign somebody is an evil twin.

Edit: Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about goatees, not Gotye.
Just typical of your kind to think that he's unreliable and never shows up when he's supposed to.

Edit: Oh, sorry, thought you were talking about Godot, not goatees.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
You don't think stories about about a tax-avoiding vampire who can stare into the sun for 20 minutes and be immortal would be funny?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Hoping for "Tonberry" and "Butz". Or "Black Mage" and "Fighter". Fighter would be the coolest name when you're 8.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Haymaker_Betty posted:

Yeah, I know a totally awesome 9 year old named Arwen- her dad is just a big DnD and LotR nerd. He's a fully-functioning adult, with a professorship and everything, he just liked the name Arwen. My friend Ren is named after Kevin Bacon's character from Footloose.

Jury's still out on Ren.
Is Ren the right age to have Ren and Stimpy jokes made at his expense throughout his entire childhood?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Always chronological :justpost:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
On that note actually, personally I always prefer each story to be its own post purely because if I don't have time to read an entire massive post, I can just set my last read post to however far I've gotten and won't accidentally miss stuff. :)

Though seeing as I've been fortunate enough for the crazies in my life to not be anywhere near as bad as you guys, I really shouldn't be dictating how you post!

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

cuntvalet posted:

Not to sperg up this thread (and i could be wrong, I am not a mortician) but I don't think (again as far as i know...) popping boners posthumously is a thing that happens. Usually if somebody dies they die laying down, the blood pools in the back. When rigor mortis sets in, muscles stiffen, and while there are muscles at the base of the penis there aren't any in the actual organ. Leaving it floppy, floppy, floppy.

Also heres a gross thought: since vampires have no circulation and are standing they should be walking around with huge blood swollen feet.

Sexy.
Vampire hobbits?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Coulrophobia posted:

Hahaha good guesses you guys though I won't give it up that easily. However I will say that the character was anthropomorphic.
So, not Clifford The Big Red Dog then?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Corridor posted:

I know the rule of thumb here is :justpost: but... for the first time in this thread, I think I actually don't want to read these stories. :smith:
Don't listen to Corridor. Post post post until we don't want to live on this wretched Earth any more!

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

So in the mental land of Kry, there was a kind of magic
I know that this is a tragic story, but just as I read this line "It's a Kind of Magic" by Queen came on the radio and made things far too cheerful and whimsical for me.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Oh crazy person thread, how I missed you. :glomp:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Corridor posted:

e. I also remember some dumb little interview thing where they asked Japanese women about the top ten most off-putting things for people to have as cellphone wallpaper. #1 was 'a photograph of yourself', and #2 was 'anything anime'.
Do you have a link to this interview? I have some friends who definitely need to learn from #2.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I love how being a star rugby player makes you the black sheep of the family when your parents met at a LOTR convention.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think the difference between a football shirt and cosplay is that you aren't wearing the helmet and pads. Anime/video game/comic book shirts are just as acceptable as football shirts are.
For "soccer" football, it's far from unheard of to see people in the full shorts and tall socks get-up.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

MinistryofLard posted:

I see these people around where I live too, but these people are in the full shorts and tall socks get-up because they've just been playing soccer. I don't think people who wear cosplay to school have just been starring in an anime.
Rest assured, most of the ones I've seen wouldn't be capable of running about for 90mins. Then again, here in Northern Ireland we use Scottish football teams as a front for political murders sooooooo....

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Is the Invisible Man sexy yet?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Mary Sue was a blind girl who had never found love. Ravenwing Nightblack was a shadow, invisible to the world. Only she could see the true beauty within. "Love Is Blind", coming soon to a theatre near you.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Pfft, he's just an actor. I mean the REAL invisible man. We're astral lovers.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
It sounds to me like she knew you would always stop her from doing whatever suicide attempt she was trying. She never planned to actually go through with any of them, but she wanted to feel like someone loved her enough to want to rescue her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

I am The Fury posted:

I temporarily quit weed for a few weeks and have been off my medication for a while, and it's definitely easier living medication free now than it was back at my parents' house, but I still have major issues handling any stress, anxiety, or loneliness when I'm sober, which is why I went back on weed, but it never got so bad that I wanted to try killing myself, so major improvements there I guess.
If you don't mind me asking, why are you deciding to go for weed over prescribed medication to help with your condition?

• Locked thread