Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Comrade Question posted:

That was well worth the wait. The album containing the tracks used in this will be bought the second I'm aware of its existence.

Pretty sure this is one of them. I'm glad too, this is one of my favorite tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

It is an established fact that their names will be Zoosmell Pooplord, Flighty Broad, Insufferable Prick, and Farmstink Buttlass :colbert:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I thought Nanna would be John's granddaughter, not Jade's. Though I guess they would be ectobiologically related enough to switch. But honestly I don't really get why they would switch.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Fagtastic posted:

What makes you think she isn't?

For some reason I thought the flash showed the bunny in Jane's room, meaning she was the penpal. But it isn't there in her room now. Guess I am just an idiot :downs:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

So apparently Sburb knows that it is gearing up for an 8-player session soon. My question is, when they bring the planets into the new session, with a new Prospit and Derse, what happens if they get new dreamselves and die on their quest bed?

Double God Tier?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Nestharken posted:

Speaking of, does anyone recognize the font that BettyBother uses?

About 90% sure this is Helvetica.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Kidmom is correct about the mail flag thing, Jane's (and John's) mailman is a moron :colbert:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

So I got this in my email inbox today :

I didn't know Terezi worked at Capital One :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Bobulus posted:

We don't really know how it works, but, basically, Jade can't go faster than light because she's nowhere near the Green Sun (and, indeed, is currently in the Author Dimension for 3 nanoseconds of Hussie-time or something), while Jack is heading directly at the Green Sun, the source of his power, so it works or something.

But didn't Jade say her powers wouldn't work out in the Furthest Ring, even if she was right next to the sun?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Can someone please tell me what Sonic Adventure level music Sunslammer reminds me of? It's driving me crazy :argh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Wait, since the meteors were duplicated, does this mean we have another Mayor somewhere? :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

glug posted:

I think the slow drip is worse, because reading the entirety of homestuck in a short period of time you don't have like 2 years of being attached to these characters.

I caught up right when Trollpocalypse started :smith:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

CidGregor posted:

2: Chain of Prospit would be so ridiculous as credits music I can't even imagine it.

Am I the only one who absolutely loves MTaHK? :allears: It's gotta be my favorite Homestuck album.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Besides, the only one who'd be able to see brain Dirk would be the Seer of Mind. :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I only just now got the double meaning of "better luck next time". :doh:

And on the voicework front, this is forever the best Terezi voice.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I'm kind of wondering if uu/UU "broke" the predestination part of the game in Sburb. Usually the game caters to the players, as if it knows exactly who they are. What if uu/UU seriously threw the Medium for a loop, hence the dark Skaia?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Kazy posted:

Besides, the only one who'd be able to see brain Dirk would be the Seer of Mind. :v:

Called it :c00l:

Meenah seems really happy to be beaten up.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Bobulus posted:

\/ Eh, those two things are already related in a different direction. The Green Sun is green because green uranium is a thing in the comic, and it represents power. At the same time, WV likes to eat green things, both because of his garden (destroyed in a show of power) and because it sets up Jack wounding him when he eats the uranium. WV liking green things is also why he ate the bunny's eye.

So what you're saying is..

WV is going to defeat LE by eating the Green Sun?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Desfore posted:

So, uu doesn't draw, he just lets the boner ghosts guide his hand.

Also, Hero of Time? Wasn't expecting that.

Wasn't this explicitly mentioned a few updates ago?

Also it's being laid on so thick I wonder if he IS a red herring.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Suaimhneas posted:

So if this theory is true about them having the same body, with one dreaming while the other's awake, what happens if the waking one dies on their quest bed? Would the result be a merging of the two, or would the waking one replace the other? I think we can assume from Jade that the dreamer wouldn't be in charge, otherwise she would've turned into a weepy mess. :v:

uu is actually sprite-flipped UU.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Starmaker posted:

So, in trying to puzzle out what or where this red sun is, did everyone forget that uu/UU are in a completely different universe? UU said as much to Jane and Roxy. I mean, I guess they could be in the troll universe, but I felt like it was implied that they were completely separate, in some other universe (meaning some other frog). So definitely not B1 or B2, and likely not A1 or A2 either. They're in universe C.

(Although I guess that implies they're in the universe that the kids make, which is pretty drat depressing. So some other universe, then. Let's say U)

Yeah, or the Mongooses, that's a good team name! "The Fighting Mongooses."

Obviously Uu is (are?) going to create the Squiddle universe, and then we'll be on Squiddlequest 2012!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Walliard posted:

But then why was there mail service? :tinfoil:

It's already been explained that Jane and John's mail carrier is dumb :colbert: (re: mail flag)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

You know, for how much of a color expert Hussie is, Blond hair goes terribly with violet eyes.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Did anyone notice that Dirk's kernelsprite was red? Aren't they usually the same color as the kids' text?

edit: wait, Dave's was orange, I'm a moron.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 10, 2012

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

My girlfriend said she read it in one sitting :psyduck: I'm still not sure if she really did or if she skipped some (she did say she skipped the first Intermission, though).

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Well, I just pledged the most I ever have on Kickstarter. My second-highest was $140 for a high tech watch that communicates with my smartphone, but I just pledged almost double for some fabric and stuffing :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

As Homestuck progresses, the time between updates and fanart edges ever closer to zero.

I would bet that there have been a few cases where the fanart predates updates.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Kakumei posted:

gently caress it, let's do this.

Excuse me, you hit the wrong one.

:colbert: (I'll start the bidding at $260! :v:) (Not really.)

Also from looking at the FAQ it seems to me he's already talking to a few developers and that he knows what he's doing. I love the people in the comments on KS expecting it to be released right after it is funded, though. :v: Also, I hope the two 5k tier backers choose the soul portrait. Where are those from? I'm getting a vague memory but nothing concrete.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 5, 2012

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

AriadneThread posted:

At the very least, I'd like to find out what Meenah's lusus was. Seeing as there wouldn't have been a Doc Scratch to introduce a killer telepathic horrorterror with which to deform all of troll society to the whims of a self-centered young girl.

The lussii were introduced by the scratch (See: Jake's Terror Island), so she didn't have one :ssh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Mr. Pumroy posted:

:/

That's too bad, and really wasn't the response I'd expect to that question. I don't understand the issue with providing the name of the developer, it's pretty much the same as saying that I don't get to see where my money goes, and that's not really something I'm keen on hearing.

I'll probably end up kicking in $15 since the actual game would cost more to buy after the kickstarter ends, but I would have given more otherwise.

Have you considered the fact that he is waiting to see how much he raises? If he raises more, he'll go for the better developer, and if people like you don't kick anything in, he has to go bottom-of-the-barrel. So it's your fault if it turns out to be a poo poo developer :argh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

GHOST BUTTS avatar up for grabs

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

At the college where I work, there was this girl going around telling everyone "Happy 4/13!!!" while I was walking to lunch. It was really awkward hearing her trying to explain it since nobody got the reference. :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Mystic Mongol posted:

She shipped literally every character with every other character in every relationship. That's not so much precise as it is carpet bombing.

You must have missed Hussie's tweet declaring all ships canon :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'm sorry, but Karkat is Gilbert Gottfried. Also Terezi is probably the one in this song.

Close!

And John and Dave play Sburb is the best.

Alternatively, for voices:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

What do you dream about when you're dead and also asleep?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

The treasure is obviously the ring :colbert:

I mean, think about who introduced it.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

CidGregor posted:

This was one of the prime moments where it rules to be a serial reader. This whole sequence was incredibly intense having to sit and watch the (relatively) slow trickle of updates, bit by agonizing bit, watching this thread be legitimately terrified by what was happening, and I think blowing through it archivally a lot of that dramatic tension is lost.

This is actually the part where I caught up from archive reading. So it went from silly inventory systems to :gonk:

Trollpocalypse :argh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I could've sworn I read how to do the transparency thing with all frames but I can't remember how! :argh:

But added some noise.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Factory Factory posted:

If you're using Photoshop, you can selectively replace colors in the palette in the Save for Web... dialogue. Go in, click the white square, and manually replace it with transparency. Make sure the frames are set to not dispose!

Thanks! We've created something beautiful here :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Now, if Kanaya asked the Mayor and he knows where Gamzee is and didn't tell her, she's gonna be really mad at the Mayor :(

I want to see more of the Mayor :ohdear: It's been a while