Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

What if the bed turns out to be a quest bed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Terrible, terrible idea for how uu could "win":

So if they share one body but have two different color bloods, clearly there's something weird going on, biologically. Maybe each half of the brain only pumps one kind of blood, and when they sleep/wake, the rest of the body switches over?

- uu throws something to temporarily disable UU's keyboard.
- He messages Roxy a few minutes into her future and taunts her with the knowledge that he's about to win.
- He goes to the bed, lies down, chains up both legs, and then cuts off the leg with UU's chain on it.
- Suddenly UU's chat program (which is synced up with the B2 kids and thus, in this case, would be a few minutes behind his) goes nuts with Roxy trying to help, messaging "Calliope! Calliope! Calliope!" over and over.
- uu falls asleep and UU wakes up. She tries to switch back again, but Roxy just keeps messaging, keeping her awake. The body is pumping her green blood out, all over the floor. With no way to stop the flow, she bleeds out.
- uu wakes up and, before he, too, can bleed out, he removes the uu cuff and goes to his side of the room, where he's prepped some way to close the wound.
- uu later goes to UU's terminal, fixes it, and uses UU's typing quirk to assure Roxy that everything is okay now.

He's now free, UU's side of the brain is dead, and Roxy is convinced she's saved the day and is happy. :(

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 20, 2012

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Bobulus posted:

Terrible, terrible idea for how uu could "win":

So if they share one body but have two different color bloods, clearly there's something weird going on, biologically. Maybe each half of the brain only pumps one kind of blood, and when they sleep/wake, the rest of the body switches over?

- He messages Roxy a few minutes into her future and taunts her with the knowledge that he's about to win.
- He goes to the bed, lies down, chains up both legs, and then cuts off the leg with UU's chain on it.
- Suddenly UU's chat program (which is synced up with the B2 kids and thus, in this case, would be a few minutes behind his) goes nuts with Roxy trying to help, messaging "Calliope! Calliope! Calliope!" over and over.
- uu falls asleep and UU wakes up. She tries to switch back again, but Roxy just keeps messaging, keeping her awake. The body is pumping her green blood out, all over the floor. With no way to stop the flow, she bleeds out.
- uu wakes up and, before he, too, can bleed out, he removes the uu cuff and goes to his side of the room, where he's prepped some way to close the wound.
- uu goes to UU's terminal and uses UU's typing quirk to assure Roxy that everything is okay now.

He's now free, UU's side of the brain is dead, and Roxy is convinced she's saved the day and is happy. :(

:catstare: Homestuck is a story about kids and fun.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Brains don't pump blood.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

These are special alien brains that are also hearts. :downs:

edit: I've been awake too long. It would probably be best to ignore my ramblings this morning. :(

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 20, 2012

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Glad that we finally get to see Equius do something again. Void always seemed like such an overpowered aspect but he didn't make much use of it (Or did he?).
Luckily we have Roxy to take over the reins.
I'm hoping that uu wears black shoes. Between the two cherubs that would be a callback to Sollux and his mismatched eyes and shoes.
Which also seem to tie in with the repeating Black Doom and White Antidoom pattern.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The only problem I have with that is that it's so terribly specific it is bound to be wrong one way or another. I'm also not sure uu is even capable of immitating UU's style (perhaps her quirk at best).

But yeah

Bobulus posted:

I was having trouble visualizing the room, so I mocked it up with photoshop. uu is there to show what the hypothetical room would be like from his perspective. The way I'm envisioning the switch is that UU gets tired, lies down on the bed, hooks up the UU-labeled chain to her other leg, and goes to sleep. uu wakes up, takes off the uu-labeled chain, and walks to the right side of the room.

this is more or less what I was thinking up there.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

glitchwraith posted:

What if the bed turns out to be a quest bed?

This would be amazing.
uu has always been able to kill his sister but his only opportunity is when she is sleeping on the magic slab that turns the dead into gods.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

So if this theory is true about them having the same body, with one dreaming while the other's awake, what happens if the waking one dies on their quest bed? Would the result be a merging of the two, or would the waking one replace the other? I think we can assume from Jade that the dreamer wouldn't be in charge, otherwise she would've turned into a weepy mess. :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Suaimhneas posted:

So if this theory is true about them having the same body, with one dreaming while the other's awake, what happens if the waking one dies on their quest bed? Would the result be a merging of the two, or would the waking one replace the other? I think we can assume from Jade that the dreamer wouldn't be in charge, otherwise she would've turned into a weepy mess. :v:

uu is actually sprite-flipped UU.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

Hussie's answer to the reddit questions included the strangely specific answer that if Sollux had died on a quest bed while both his dreamselves were still alive, BOTH would have gone god-tier. Then they probably would have fought for the right to be Real Sollux.

If the cherubs do share one body and then died on a quest bed, presumably both would have ascended. But uu fixed that by pre-emptively killing UU's dreamself.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I just now made the connection that cherubs only having access to the kismesisitude trollmance quadrant would completely explain why uu thinks mushy sentimental showings of flushed romance are so kinky. For a species with no concept of romantic love that reproduces only via hate, watching people exchange roses and recite poetry would be pretty hosed-up indeed.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bobulus posted:

These are special alien brains that are also hearts. :downs:

Nah that's too illogical for Homestuck.

(As in, there are absolutely zero previous references to suggest it, which is a pretty good measure by which one can tell the probability that an event will occur in the story)

Here, have a graph.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So, question, when was the last time we saw Gamzee's perspective on anything? All I can think of is during Cascade, when he was talking to Doc Scratch about... who knows, and before that we see him snap and then we only ever see him from other character's perspectives, never his own.

I'm just thinking, that's parrelling Calliope's book, because it's not just her that doesn't know anything about what LE and Gamzee are doing, it's also us that have no idea what those guys are doing, like, at all. It's an interesting thought, that for a comic that switching perspectives so much, we don't get to see the perspective of the most important characters. (so called, at least, we have no idea of their actual importance because we're being kept in the dark)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Thundarr posted:

I now legitimately believe the climax of Homestuck will be one of the characters turning to The Audience and asking Us to say Lord English's name.

...without it having ever been revealed, so we can't. Bad ending ensues.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
Ms. Paint is secretly the most important character. She will get revenge for being whacked with a cane by LE.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
Here's a theory: Uu is the only cherub. That's why they don't have a home planet. They were created by LE so he could ensure his own existence, like a First Guardian would do.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
If uu will become LE, Gamzee vandalizing the pages about LE might be paradox space's way of preventing Calliope from figuring out that uu is LE and then stop him before he becomes LE.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Bobulus posted:

I was having trouble visualizing the room, so I mocked it up with photoshop. uu is there to show what the hypothetical room would be like from his perspective. The way I'm envisioning the switch is that UU gets tired, lies down on the bed, hooks up the UU-labeled chain to her other leg, and goes to sleep. uu wakes up, takes off the uu-labeled chain, and walks to the right side of the room.

I think they're chained together and when one is asleep on the bed the other can reach the full extent of their side of the room. I suspect there's not actually anything stopping them from crossing over to the other's side, aside from the proverbial line drawn down the middle.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

...without it having ever been revealed, so we can't. Bad ending ensues.

Not quite. The ENTER NAME prompt appears. Only this time, it actually accepts user input.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Thundarr posted:

Not quite. The ENTER NAME prompt appears. Only this time, it actually accepts user input.
BALLS. Lord English's true name will be revealed to be BALLS. In all caps.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Color Printer posted:

BALLS. Lord English's true name will be revealed to be BALLS. In all caps.

And the naming becomes an indication for him to act rashly. Every time he is about to do something, we see the short phrase "CUE BALLS ..." etc.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rereading some of the past comics after this recent update and I found this on this page here

quote:

I believe heartily in the giggles of all the cherubs in heaven and the metric tonnes of special stardust they consume each day to fuel their laughter.

I'm constantly surprised how little, seemingly throw away, sentences always work their way back into this comic

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Rereading some of the past comics after this recent update and I found this on this page here

I'm constantly surprised how little, seemingly throw away, sentences always work their way back into this comic

I can't imagine Hussie writing that line without a huge grin on his face.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Dolash posted:

Also, if uu/UU are Lord English's origin somehow, does that mean that them becoming Lord English is like the Green Sun's creation in that it's inevitable? If someone actually tries to stop it and succeeds in interfering rather than just accidentally helping it succeed, would that create a beta-timeline? I'd hoped we were reaching the end of the predestination train.

I liked that theory that someone posted earlier in the thread that the kids will catch on to creating Lord English and then intentionally create him with weaknesses to exploit later. I can definitely see the endgame being where the kids start using predestination against Lord English.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Boneless Jogger posted:

I liked that theory that someone posted earlier in the thread that the kids will catch on to creating Lord English and then intentionally create him with weaknesses to exploit later. I can definitely see the endgame being where the kids start using predestination against Lord English.

So what you're saying is, Vriska had the right idea?

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

VJeff posted:

Has anybody posited that there's no loving way uu is Lord English just because of how goddamn obvious it would be? Also, y'know, he loves to go on about red herrings and lovely twists.

Because I'm positing it right now.

It's the fact that his red herrings suck that make me inclined to believe he is actually Lord English more than anything.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

So what you're saying is, Vriska had the right idea?

Of course. Vriska is involved in any and every major plot point. If it doesn't involve her then she forces herself to be involved.

Say, did you notice how that white sun drawing looks like it's too close to a black hole? It's almost like it's "light" is being "stolen" by a "thief of light", eh?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Boneless Jogger posted:

Exploits in spacetime, eh? And that one vulnerability has something to do with the duedly white magnum or magic being real or maybe majestic stallions...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It's almost like it's "light" is being "stolen" by a "thief of light", eh?
Now I'm wondering if Bec Noir destroying the universe was in fact the "unfathomable destruction" she's going to be directly responsible for. Because her responsibility is kind of arguable one way or the other with that one.

Vriska luckjacks the green sun. welp gg next universe.

e - christ knows she's massive enough to constitute a black hokay these jokes are played out.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 20, 2012

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Aww, I just want to hug the concerned Calliope in the last panel like a scared puppy.
If you feel so much for your human friends, then you must have had a heart all along, lil' tin man-girl. :unsmith:

In normal sessions of the game, the heroes use ectobiology to create themselves as well as an ancestor, who could be Lord English rather than uu. Of course, we know that this is not a normal session. Two heroes being each others' server is weird enough without considering that they have the same body. Mayhaps the hero/ancestor cycle is as messed up as the client/server cycle.
Oh god, are we going to have to learn about pre- and post-Scratch versions of the Cherubs and how even that's different?!
What could be the cause of the pool ball eyes? None of the time travel stuff we've seen looks like that, and none of LE's ensemble looks like it came from a Time hero's God Tier outfit.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 20, 2012

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

floofyscorp posted:

I think you mean Equius. And where did you get Roxy from that, I thought it was pretty obviously about Gamzee?

Right. Equius's blood is VOIDING out the names of lord english and Roxy. It says that "this other redacted guy drinks a lot" so obviously it also voided out all personal pronouns of roxy, who also is a character of VOID, since s/he can't tell what gender Roxy is.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Krinkle posted:

Right. Equius's blood is VOIDING out the names of lord english and Roxy. It says that "this other redacted guy drinks a lot" so obviously it also voided out all personal pronouns of roxy, who also is a character of VOID, since s/he can't tell what gender Roxy is.

Uh. It says this other guy who drinks a lot of soda, referring to Gamzee drinking an absolute shitload of Faygo.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Krinkle posted:

Actually it's "Some guy who drinks a lot of soda?" So Gamzee.

or dirk

e: beaten

\/\/ If they don't know the protocol for discussing alcoholism why would the alien syrup drink known as soda be the first thing that springs to mind?

H.P. Shivcraft fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 20, 2012

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I just assumed she was assuming it was soda since when you say someone drinks [alcohol] you leave it unsaid. Why would cherubs know that?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Why would cherubs know what soda and alcohol are

Why would aliens speak English

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

YF-23 posted:

Why would cherubs know what soda and alcohol are

B-B-B-B-BUSTED, HUSSIE :hehe:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Probably due to universal constants like Will Smith

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Cherub Will Smith is the worst, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

YF-23 posted:

What else would uu speak? :v: