Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I just finished a reread (my second readthrough overall) just in time for the new stuff, and I have to say that, while I had a bunch of issues with the pacing of Act 6 the first time through with everything that was seemingly needless and all of the hiatuses and everything, it works a thousand times better as an archival read with no breaks in-between. If you've only ever read it the one time, as it was releasing, I recommend you go through it again to see if you feel differently about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I don't know what I expected but it wasn't that

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Undertale gag made me laugh at least

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Do you have any idea how loving thrilled he's going to be about beating up Clover

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Controversial opinion: I liked it and I am excited to see the rest of the story in the coming week

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Tollymain posted:

ehhhhhh i know you don't mean anything by it but having a dick does not make one a dude

This is the most pointless thing to say in this conversation

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

^^oh you mother fucker

quote:

Edit: one more thing. If you're curious about whether there will be anything resembling an epilogue to this ending, yes, I've been thinking about that for some time. It'll take a while to produce though, whatever specific form it ends up taking. Working on Collide took months, and came right down to the wire. I've got more time now though obviously. But that said, I'm not in a huge hurry at this point. Keep an eye out here for developments. There should be plenty of other news in coming months too.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

WAR FOOT posted:

Truly, a question for the ages

Some people still defend this choice, not realizing that the hill they've chosen to die on is, in fact, a hole

I don't virulently hate the ending as much as most people seem to but it was a really bizarre/bad decision to have no words between Collide and the end.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Lupus Rufus posted:

Trans lesbian here, Hussie's heteronormativity is pretty obvious, and the erasure of non-het reproduction not just in Homestuck but in our culture in general does bother me. I'm glad that tumblr at least documents it, I guess. Thanks to whoever pointed that out.

I still enjoyed Homestuck. Especially with this epilogue I'm reading here.

I'm also a trans lesbian and this is such a dumb loving thing that doesn't matter at all WHO CARES

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

We, as Homestuck fans, cannot tolerate something as embarrassing as cosplay.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGk7CEA-O_s

This sure is ... a thing.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Analogizing homestuck to pizza is the most offensive poo poo I've read in this thread.

You're right, pizza is vastly overrated.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I'm just happy there was one lesbian marriage in this dumb gay comic

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I'm a really big fan of [S] Make Her Pay because it was the first new flash I saw as a serial reader and provided a lot of insight into the Terezi/Vriska thing, and [S] Seer: Ascend because I love everything to do with the Mindfang poo poo (and Terezi does own.)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

this is just shipping. that is all this is.

And?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

on the other hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I02_S0Jre3Q

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

(i actually really love dungeon man)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Homestuck is good and I like it, actually.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i take everything back homestuck is loving trash

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

My big issue right now is that these snaps are a hilariously poor way to tell a story, and as such I have absolutely no idea what is going on or why.

Whose idea was this and why is this happening? If they have more story to tell, why aren't they putting it on the actual site?

I really like Homestuck for the most part and it's not fair to let this snapchat poo poo ruin the whole thing for me, but I don't understand this + don't like it + wish it seemed like anyone involved knew what the gently caress they're doing

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Samovar posted:

So was the game released in Jan 17?

No

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

RandallODim posted:

It's probably the epilogue.

Also haha sure hope the rest of the acts get funded for physical backers!

they won't

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I think the game will be okay but not great, and the remaining acts will never materialize.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Pants Donkey posted:

I imagine Hiveswap's release is going to a real bad reception since it's literally a quarter of the game. A five year wait plus absolutely horrible communication for maybe 2-3 hours of play is going to result in a lot of unimpressed people.

What makes you think it's only going to be 2-3 hours?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Daius posted:

Like my grandpa used to say "I'm just calling a spade a sword, Page"

holy poo poo

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

quelle surprise

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

takemi is extremely good, however, unlike aranea

An Actual Princess