Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Would you want to find Gamzee?

Well she kinda wants to cut him a little bit.

Leave him alone Kanaya geez.

Karkat fixed him okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

That first page of Gamzee going nuts when he messages Karkat was one of the best moments ever in this thread.

"You have never been so scared in your entire life"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eagerly awaiting the next mini game which details the Alpha Troll Ancestors.

:getin:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kanaya and Rose are totally gonna fight when Kanaya finds out that Rose has been talking to Gamzee

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Oh my.

Rose is going to say somethings that she really shouldn't say, isn't she?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

loquacius posted:

Uh oh. Guys, I am worried. What if Rose and Kanaya's date hasn't happened yet and that's why Rose is dressed up all fancy, like in preparation, and she just wanted to have a little drink to loosen up her nerves a bit but then that Lalonde blood kicked in and she got carried away :ohdear: Rose, don't screw up your date before it starts! You are trapped on a space meteor! You don't have that many options!

Karkat.

:getin:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

HONK

please ruin the date Gamzee pleeeeease

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Eh. I'm not concerned. Kanaya survived having a giant hole blast through her, Rose is God Tier. I don't think any just or heroic death Rose has earned involves her being completely shitfaced.

On the other hand, Gamzee almost single handedly took out the Black King. So it should be a fun showdown!

Rage players rule

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Gamzee shows up, unrecognizable due to a fake mustache and "fancy restaurant waiter" outfit and serves Kan and Rose their romantic candle lit dinner.

Puh, like he'd ever serve a romantic dinner to that day-glo chainsaw bitch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I doubt Gamzee is still murderous, but he's probably still pretty loving angry that some chick has been chasing him around with a chainsaw for two years because she can't let poo poo go.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Technique posted:

Then he should learn to deal with it. :colbert: You do the crime, you do the time (time to be chainsaw-murdered).

Gamzee isn't the only murderer running around that meteor :colbert:

Besides what does she care, she didn't even like Nepeta or Equius.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

I think everybody on the meteor but Kanaya knows about Gamzee at this point. Maybe Dave doesn't. Which means there's going to some serious problems when she finds out. Think of it: all her supposed friends, including the one who's supposed to be all about Justice, in effect taking the side of a crazed murderer over her, when she's already got some noteworthy personal issues with sociopaths? It's basically the worst case scenario where her feelings are concerned.

Eh, I really don't think so. After a year on the meteor she basically admitted that she doesn't want to really kill him, just "wound him somewhat". I don't think it's a stretch to say that another year might have cooled her emotions even more.

I really don't think Dave knows where he is, he'd have no reason to not tell Kanaya unless Rose specifically asked him not to. Kanaya admitted herself that it would be really bad form to ask Karkat where he is, and if Terezi denied knowing where he is because of QUADRANT reasons, I think Kanaya would get that too, based on her love of trashy romance novels.

Which leaves Rose, and I doubt Kanaya would really stay mad at her for long, especially if she had a good reason to withhold her information on his location, which I'm sure she'd no doubt explain.

Now, if Kanaya asked the Mayor and he knows where Gamzee is and didn't tell her, she's gonna be really mad at the Mayor :(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The best part of this update was Kanaya admitting that she's done trying to kill Gamzee :)

And Rose don't you loving dare try to ruin Gamzee and Kanaya's hatelove :mad:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Silva posted:

Also I'm pretty sure that this is the first official kiss in Homestuck that didn't involve a dead person. Am I right in this? Or am I forgetting something?

Didn't Vriska kiss Tavros back on Alternia while she was wearing the dress that Kanaya made for her?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Stayton posted:

Actually there is one other way...

We do a slow zoom down the hall to Dave. He is holding a boombox above his head Cusack style. Then he presses Play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXjPfdauFX4

I fail to see how this ruins anything.

If anything it would make it absolutely fantastic

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Mid level and above on the Hemospectrum and you're one absurdly tough troll. Karkat (technically lime green?) got stabbed a bunch of times. Vriska got an arm and half her face blown off, and she just sorta sat around her hive for a while sending Terezi instant messages. Plus, Kanaya spent a few months playing Sgrub, raising her stats, as one of the players who actually did her role and helped fight monsters regularly.

She's a tough lady.

Meanwhile, Feferi got her poo poo permanently wrecked by one shot from a wand-weilding rear end in a top hat

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Remind me--was there any evidence Feferi played a significant role in the troll session? She might have been a much lower level than Kanaya, who Karkat said was the only person who reliably played her role in operation Regisurp.

I think the only ones it SPECIFICALLY mentions are Gamzee and Vriska in the fight against the Black King, and... I want to say Terezi? Doing a thing to exile the Black Queen. And then of course Kanaya and Aradia had frog breeding and time duties respectively.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also Eridan killed a fuckton of angels

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Stayton posted:

I'm thinking that they're either his consorts, or his planets version of fireflies/hummingbirds.

Angels: Yay, the Prince of Hope is coming to rescue us!
Angels: Prince, what are you
Angels: ....:gonk:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Scale Model Giant posted:

Aside from Slick/Snowman, is this the first kiss in Homestuck that didn't involve reviving a dead player?

Vriska kissed Tavros way back in Hivebent

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kazy posted:

Heresy! The sylladex shenanigans are the best part of the first acts :colbert: We need more of them.

The sylladex shenanigans are the absolute worst part of the comic and made the first two acts hell to get through.

Homestuck starts at Hivebent :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kankri screaming SOMEONE IS TOUCHING ME made me laugh for about five straight minutes

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gamzee is the loving best and I'm glad he doesn't have to worry about Kanaya trying to kill him anymore.

Even though he'd totally demolish her if they ever did actually fight

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Luminous Obscurity posted:

She crotch-punted him off a cliff before he even knew what hit him and then smacked down a godtier and bifurcated an enormous tool.

They obviously weren't ready for it and now Gamzee has a cod-piece so he's covered. Also he's God Tier now.

But seriously Gamzee is the strongest troll especially when in murder mode, has psychic powers, and dealt the most damage to the Black King during the trolls climactic fight. He'd smack Kanaya down in a one-on-one duel and it wouldn't be close.

And because we're on the topic of Gamzee, there's something I was wondering. During Dave and Gamzee's conversation where he reveals that he made the kids' session terminal... How did that work? And why did he mess with John when it was Dave that he was raging at?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I want Roxy and Rose to have a dialoguelog so bad.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Davesprite, Gamzee, Caliborn, Jane's dad, the Empress, and various carapaces (including all known iterations of Jack Noir) have not yet definitively died even once.

Didn't all the troll dreamselves die when Bec Noir, y'know, destroyed Prospit and Derse?

Except Aradia of course.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It's Aradia.

It's Aradia off in the distance.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gamzee nooooo :(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If Gamzee is really dead and we don't get to see Rose try to Auspitice between him and Terezi and their motherfucking hatebliss I'm gonna be pissed

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Technique posted:

God, this is gonna get confusing as hell soon, isn't it.

gonna?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

So, some basic SBURB game mechanics questions:

So we know now that there are four types of sessions:

1. Fruitful - A normal session that produces a new universe. Entry items are prototyped, there's a forge, a reckoning happens, Skaia realizes its full form and is fully able to generate a new universe

2. Null - A normal session where Skaia is unable to generate a new universe, which are apparently fairly common. Everything is otherwise normal... Entry items prototyped, there's a forge, the reckoning happens with a fully realized Skaia... there's just no fruit at the end of the game. I suppose a Tumor is located at the center of Skaia, while it isn't in a fruitful session? Or that could just be a one time thing?

3. Void - A game that has no chance of being successful. No entry items are prototyped, Skaia never reaches its full form, no reckoning, no new universe can be created through traditional means. Consorts, because of the lack of entry items, are skeletons and everything is dead. Players are nobles rather than heroes, blah blah blah.

4. Dead - Most difficult version of SBURB. Caused by a one-player session where the kernelsprite is prototyped by a black hole. Skaia is cloudy. There is apparently a Prospit and Derse though. There is no hope of winning, even with outside help.

So we know that John/Jade/Rose/Dave were playing in a Null session, Roxy/Dirk/Jane/Jake are playing in a Void session, and that Caliborn is playing in a dead session. My question, is what type of sessions were the trolls playing in? Because from what it seems like, our Trolls (Karkat et all) were playing in a fruitful session, but got screwed out of it by Jack Noir. This is contradicted however by Aradia's monologue when she calls their session Null.

As for the pre-scratch trolls, I'm assuming that they were playing in a Null session since it seems like the game mechanics for a scratch exist in order to give the players a second chance should their session become unwinnable/null.

We have five different sessions in HS. Kinda funny that only one of them seemed to actually be a normal fruitful session.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Caliborn best character

Move over Karkat

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Meenah is the best, in any iteration.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gamzee is responsible for everything

And nothing.

Gamzee simply is.

All hail the Bard of Rage

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jake is the worst. Well, tied with Jane for the worst.

Roxy is the best. Well, tied with Rose for the best.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This is the perfect time for a move back to the meteor and the grand reveal of Daveisafunnyguy.txt

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

That... That was a callback to Cascade, wasn't it? With Gamzee on his laptop talking to Doc Scratch and asking JUST WHAT MOTHERFUCKING ARE WE?

S u c k e r s

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This really isn't making the Alpha kids any more interesting.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The emotion of friendship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Condy :allears: