Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

Can't be

Not enough girth

speaking of which, they ever follow through on hard copies of the epilogues? imagine a stack of those cursed doorstops sitting prominently in a bookstore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
karkats recursive memo thats just him screaming at himself is legit one of the funniest things in the entire comic

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Torgover posted:

Later, when reading I believe when Dave reverse-trolls Tavros, he started laughing and said "I bought this for my dad." His boomer dad. It's pretty great.

that sequence is one of the funniest things ive ever read in any media

we are entrenched in this poo poo, now wriggle your rear end off that muddy embankment before charlie gets the loving drop

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
on that note the chat where John impersonates Rose at Kanaya like "uh yes hello i know a lot of words" and Kanaya replies like "I Feel I Have Been Overhyped" is also pure gold

a lot of act 4 is fantastic, probably the pinnacle of the writing in the whole franchise

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Karkat's argument with himself across time is executed so flawlessly its almost scary. Like the way it intertwines with itself and it manages to make sense once youve read it teoce is nothing short of incredible and impressive
I really think Karkat has been done the worst by the writing in HS2 because there is no replicating his inaugural rant at john, that hed probably been working on for a while, getting responded to with "oh, hey karkat!"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im a media raccoon babey, knockin over trash cans and strewing poo poo everywhere

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

You know, if this was a slasher y'all would all die after you looked away from Jason Voorhees the first time he appeared to go down. Remember "Don't turn your back on the body"? That never stopped being a thing.

HS^2 dropped on 10/25 and this thread had grown so weak nobody even joked in advance about something happening on the Significant Date

i mean maybe its fuckin dead, and RIP in peace if so, but im more of the Jeepers Creepers school of thought where you throw the car into reverse and drive over the corpse a few times before making any judgement calls

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cavatica posted:

Welp, announcement from Hussie on Patreon confirmed that the team will continue on, but no updates until it's finished. So kind of like the epilogues, which is nice.

yeah this is probably a good call. twice a month wasnt doing the pacing a lot of good.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Android Blues posted:

or that god-awful segment where Dirk and Rose talk about how they only have a Wikipedia-grade understanding of philosophy anyway so there's no point talking about it.

i thought that was hilarious because it played back into rose's admission she doesnt actually know anything about psychoanalysis, she just has read some wikipedia articles, and of course dirk is exactly the same kind of not-as-clever-as-he-pretends smartass

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
lol the deep fried lovely merch

tag yourself im garfield mondayfucker

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bobulus posted:

It is I, returned every year to demand to know why I *still* can't get a light-player mug in the Homestuck store.

this reminded me of the artists stating they went with a light mug because it was the most vriska thing they could think of short of a mug with her face on it, and i had a good chuckle

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
andrew hussie is in possession of material that will lead to the indictment of hillary clinton

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

Well this thread got a screencap in that video so we've exceeded expectations already.

it has been running for ten fuckin years and is probably one of the few places left where you can get a pretty comprehensive poster's history of the second half of homestuck's run

what a weird thought

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im cool

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

jesus christ this video is 9 years old

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
one observation about kankri i liked is that he sucks at even being performatively woke because he puts trigger warnings after the potentially triggering subjects in his interminable monologues

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i dunno about "dominate" but if you want to absolutely destroy the psyche of a gemini with crushing self-doubt, send them an email consisting of a single sentence that begins with "as per my last request" and ends with an ellipses

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

egg tats posted:

Homestuck Made this World is possibly the worst podcast of all time, because this time last year I didn't barely know what a Homes Tuck was and thanks to them I now have nuanced thoughts AND feelings regarding one Vriska Serket.

(which I'm not going to share here because I'm choosing peace on this holy day).

thus showing yourself to be a coward and a varlet that will be denied entrance to heaven

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

Entering Homestuck’s shady Bootleg Era.

Dubious Fantrolls, iffy fanfics, and just way too many shoddy Johns to count.

psst, hey kid

wanna buy a coffee shop au?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

NieR Occomata posted:

Also I’m cool if a podcast quotes me directly as long as they point out how the thread accused me of being a homophobe because I thought it was loving gross that a dude orchestrated his friend’s death and beheading so he could make out with it.

Thread Cassandra I was

I was going to say something like "you have to admit mailing your own head to a guy with a note saying 'no time to explain, kiss me' is at least audacious" before realizing, no wait thats the other decapitated head make-out

Homestuck: It's a Definitely a Story Where Stuff Happens

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

dipwood posted:

Hussie went full Hideo Kojima. Kept trying to one-up himself so much he became incomprehensible. The only person in the world who thought having the main villain die off-screen in the finale would be cool.

id argue theres something kinda funny about how after Caliborn ascends to his ultimate form by way of constantly doing poo poo the game tells him is stupid and onerous out of sheer spite, everyone basically stops giving a gently caress about him. yeah okay great you have become the Heat Death of the Universe, how nice for you.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Delphisage posted:

I suppose "Undermining your own story by having your characters and narration being unimpressed at what you write" is something that works gangbusters with teenagers but backfires on older readers.

idk i have thoughts about the whole caliborn/lord english thing to the effect of, i think its fitting that the guy who refuses to learn or change in any way whatsoever to the point that he will draw right angles until they make a circle gets his wish - becoming a pain in the rear end that nobody really wants to deal with but somebody has to

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its good to remember things that are either interesting or funny and, for better or worse, homestuck is full of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
for old times sake, whaddya say we play the hits

vriska did nothing wrong