Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

A good poster back on November 15th posted:

Maybe Lil' Bro defaced the pages of that pony book like Hussie did that copy of Wizardology (a link to that would go to the Penny Arcade forums which seem to be down at the moment, and it's not that safe for work anyway).

Mother. loving. Called it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Did Hussie forget to draw Jane's tiaratop in this new panel?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

snucks posted:

she took that computer off when she started using her other computer that just exploded. 12/2000 computers destroyed (or something like that.)

Where's that chat bubble coming from, then? Did she get a chat client embedded in her skull or something?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Don't forget the suicide stump.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
There's bound to be some future significance in whoever tried to correct the narrator's grammar in this panel.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I see two images so far on ib.skaia.net.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Oh, the arguments they would have.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Olivia42 posted:

I always knew the red one was Sweet Bro and the blue one was Hella Jeff, but now that I think about it, I couldn't point to any evidence for these assumptions. I have no idea how I knew. :tinfoil:

It might have been when Hella Jeff was identified here. I wouldn't have trusted either calling the other Bro in the comic, because they're both bros and bros just call other people bro.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Jade didn't take Prospit, either. She grabbed the kids' planets and the battlefield that Prospit used to orbit.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
She IS outie. Like, she's outta here, as in ending the chat session.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

glug posted:

So... how far does Homestuck go?
I'm currently at I think page 2999, or more specifically:
adiosToreador [AT] blocked turntechGodhead [TG] (god the trolling poo poo is funny)

I'm curious about how far back from current I am on this, cause it was supposedly shorter than Problem Sleuth, and I feel like we've been at it for a while :)

Click on VIEW ALL PAGES to see the titles of all of Homestuck's pages. The purple titles are pages you've viewed, and the blue titles are pages you haven't yet.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm sure Jake had no idea why the echeladder would call him CUPID'S CROSSHAIR CANDY.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It's actually kinda depressing to think that those Dersites may be going into the lab to hunt for cats.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
First Dante Basco was getting put off by the pace of act I, then he had to go back because he was skipping pesterlogs. By the time he gets to the Rufio appearances he probably won't even care any more.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is that a drone or minion of some sort that's already in Dirk's apartment? Is a strife coming up?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm just wondering whether Ms. Paint will come out dressed like A1 Mindfang or A1 Condesce.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Nonbaka posted:

Jade and John were only between the walls for three nanoseconds. It was only three years from their perspective because...being tiny alters how time affects you or something? I don't know, I didn't think that made any sense. Either way, they're long gone.

I think Hussie threw in this page to try to plug up that plot hole. My guess now is that John and Jade traveled between the two fourth walls in Hussie's study in three nanoseconds, and the void between the two sides of the second fourth wall will take the kids three years to cross at just shy of light speed.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Andrew's Formspring posted:

Have you heard any of the fan voices for characters? If so, what do you think?

I've heard a few and some are pretty good, but honestly I have trouble listening to even good ones. For some reason none of the pesterlogs feel right to me as real dialogue. This is probably because they were always meant to be true to life chat logs, typed not spoken. If I were writing what was meant to be spoken, I would write quite differently.

To be fair, a lot of the computing devices used in pesterlogs (the ones in glasses, mainly) don't seem to have keyboards or any way of inputting text other than speech-to-text.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Midnight Raider posted:

Anyway, most of this update seems to be the "And now to spell it out so the less clever readers understand too" segment. On the other hand, this is implying that maybe we're about to see the kid's thoughts on meeting young versions of their parents, which could be interesting.

Dave posted:

DAVE: so
DAVE: uh
DAVE: in this alt universe group of us and
DAVE: them
DAVE: which ones are the actual players

Whenever Dave starts speaking or typing one word per line, he's getting wierded out by something. It's clear in this last page that he's seriously apprehensive about meeting his Bro again.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

For some reason it's really funny to me that Dave doesn't know what mayonnaise actually is. (I guess eggs are sort of like grubs.)

It wouldn't really be worth the effort to try to explain eggs and vinegar to Karkat, anyway.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
In the midst of all this troll romance talk, the Gamer Dater ads seem to be getting even weirder.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It wouldn't surprise me if Dave and Terezi had a discussion beforehand and agreed that neither one wanted to get into any kind of romance with a member of the other's species.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Ads and merch.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Color Printer posted:

Well, four chuckleheads managed to do it, maybe they could get Davesprite and Casey together and...

Which one of them is yiffing in this panel?

Before I hit "Submit Reply," I went back a few pages and it's the same one asking a/s/l on this page. Someone's a bit of a pervert on that battleship.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
And here I thought she'd be named Jalika.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

Thanks muchski. Now to come up with a suitable phrase to go underneath...

AG: God, no!!!!!!!! With a human? Gross.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Rooreelooo posted:

I like the idea that in B2 earth, all of the world's major technological advances and stuff were invented by one of two people - your choice was either garish multicoloured flashing technology covered in green skulls, or bright red technology made by a baking company covered in spoons and guy fieri.

Don't forget the JPEG artifact technology.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fieri

quote:

Guy Fieri ( /ˈɡaɪ fiːˈɛri/; born January 22, 1968 as Guy Ferry[1]) is the third and final anti-Christ. He co-owns five restaurants in California[3] and is widely known for his television series on the Food Network.

I wonder how long that'll stay up.

And yet nothing at all has been done to the Insane Clown Posse page.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Bobulus posted:

And now, your regular Homestuck LiveBlog status update:

There's also Dante Basco's tumblr, which is a mix of Homestuck reactions and his other personal projects. Supposedly the quadrants actually made sense to him.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Hussie's banging out a dozen or so panels a day to make up for a TCAF-related hiatus this weekend, isn't he?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

What kind of help is DD going to call in, I wonder? HB is dead, SS is incarcerated, and CD is occupied.

Midnight Raider posted:

Speaking of him being dead, I too share the curiousity of who DD's calling in.

Maybe he's going to conscript WV.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
The way that conversation was starting out, I thought at first that Jane was initiating UU's first-ever contact with a human. Also, Jane had no reaction at all to being told she's in a void session. Has she even heard the term before now?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

CidGregor posted:

2. If Homestuck had/has/will have a 'credits music', is it yet to be created or is it out there in the pool already? Because "Alternia" has always been the perfect end credits track in my head. (I don't think this counts as plot stuff?)

I'd have picked Homestuck Anthem as ending credits music, but that wound up getting used elsewhere.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
The mixing of colors between Derse and Prospit stuff is probably caused by UU and uu being two personalities in one body. Or rather, since we haven't been definitively told what their deal is, it's probably yet another indication of them being split personalities.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Slime posted:

Karkat made a friend :allears:

Yet another friend who'd want to stab him.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Do we have any reason to think the transporter that got Jane to Derse isn't two-way?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I particularly like Ruins, and want to hear more remixes of it.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Literally Sharks posted:

More or less the same time? The Miles hit B2 three years after they hit B1.

Within a three-year window of the lifespan of a universe can most certainly be called "more or less the same time."

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
There's probably some guy on ICP's payroll who monitors things like their twitter account and is very confused by the comments on their Miracles video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

Anyhow, on an altogether different note: all 4 of the alpha kids are now meeting face to face and they probably have a lot to say to each other, starting with "WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUCK?!" But none of them have the Gift of Gab achievement, which was apparently something that you only get for climbing God Tiers. Which suggests that one of two things is going to happen:

1) They're just going to start chatting, and the narration will glibly discard the whole concept of the Gift of Gab; or

2) In order to facilitate a conversation they are immediately going to meet someone who does have the Gift of Gab, an event which would presumably be big enough to warrant an EoA flash and which would likely happen in the vicinity of the island where Jade left all her stuff. :dance:

The narration can describe their conversation like it did with Jane and Gamzee.