Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FewtureMD posted:

Oh man, treestuck's going to go bananas during Doc Scratch's Storytime.

Oh man, the Aradia treatment alone will make Ironside sirens start playing in the background.

I agree that this is the best Homestuck liveblog despite my shame at knowing that that's even a thing. Precision F-Strike is great but has a lot of delays, and WTF Is Homestuck has too many delays, too many gifs, and just got kind of uncomfortable as things went on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008

FewtureMD posted:

Oh man, treestuck's going to go bananas during Doc Scratch's Storytime.
Man, I got through horrorstuck with no issue, but Doc Scratch's part just screwed with me emotionally. I moved so slowly through that section.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Scratch's Storytime only really bothered me when it came to his treatment of Aradia's ancestor, but THAT killed my mood like an overcast sky for days. I don't see treestuck taking it much better than I did.

Edit: it might mess her up for a while, but isn't that what horrorstuck's been doing to her too?

The worst thing would be if, like a bunch of this forum, she had any kind of optimism towards the will-be Handmaiden when Hussie busts in on the scene, and even afterwards as she scurries off (her future self dying that moment on Space Battleship Crocker above)

Oh yeah, and Vriska dies too. That won't go over easily, either.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 26, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Even worse, Aradia is her favorite . She's just so happy she's alive again. I think learning about Aradia's ancestor might really mess her up.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bobulus posted:

Was just coming here to post this. She seems like one of those people that tries to find the good in everyone and everything, and horrorstuck is just destroying her brain with the rapid up and down of comedy and horror.

treestuck posted:

I just cannot stop having feels right now

Awww :3:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

MrBims posted:

It has already been spelled out pretty obviously that it is from Jack.

Wait, what? Do you mean Droog? Because it's pretty obvious that the Red Miles above Dirk is from Droog.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Cabbit posted:

Wait, what? Do you mean Droog? Because it's pretty obvious that the Red Miles above Dirk is from Droog.

No, he means Jack. Bec Noir. It's the right time for Bec Noir's external Red Miles to hit, and given the distance/universe apart issue, there is pretty much no way (that we know of) that Droog's Red Miles could reach the Earth.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

No, he means Jack. Bec Noir. It's the right time for Bec Noir's external Red Miles to hit, and given the distance/universe apart issue, there is pretty much no way (that we know of) that Droog's Red Miles could reach the Earth.

No one escapes the Miles.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cabbit posted:

Derse Red Miles = Draconian Dignitary
Real World Red Miles = B1 Jack

Dignitary is using his Red Miles to wipe out Dirk's dreamself, while Jack is using his Red Miles to eliminate the Genesis Frog Earth is in.

Remember, the B2 session (where Dignitary is at) is far, far away from the Troll's A2 session, where Earth's Geneisis Frog is located at. There's no way Dignitary's Red Miles could reach the A2 session. Jack, however, was very close to Earth's Genesis Frog so that he could use his version of Red Miles to destroy it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think we saw at one point that both the B1 and B2 universes are in the same frog (each is one of the eyes, to be specific), so, yeah, when Jack destroyed Bilious Slick (destroying B1-Earth at the time of the exiles), he is also destroying B2-Earth at the time of the exiles Dirk and Roxy.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
So is there any reason to be worried that both versions of Dirk are currently under the imminent threat of the Red Miles? He's the only one who can simultaneously control his real world and dreamself at the same time, and there have been some indications he can't do so perfectly. It seems to me that one or both versions are in danger of being Hussied.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bell_ posted:

Scratch's Storytime only really bothered me when it came to his treatment of Aradia's ancestor, but THAT killed my mood like an overcast sky for days. I don't see treestuck taking it much better than I did.

Edit: it might mess her up for a while, but isn't that what horrorstuck's been doing to her too?

The worst thing would be if, like a bunch of this forum, she had any kind of optimism towards the will-be Handmaiden when Hussie busts in on the scene, and even afterwards as she scurries off (her future self dying that moment on Space Battleship Crocker above)

Oh yeah, and Vriska dies too. That won't go over easily, either.

Homestuck is ultimately a jading experience. It's colourful and inviting and filled with kids and fun and strong characterization, but it's also capricious. You survive the constant hammer-blows by either toughening up so that you're no longer overly invested in the characters and their lives and happiness, or you never care that much to begin with and enjoy the story in a more detached, comedy-focused way.

What I'm saying is if treestuck makes it to the end she'll probably stop weeping and wailing at some point and learn to roll with the punches. Weird troll mutant monster just murdered his sister? Sure, cool, gimme another hit.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dolash posted:

Homestuck is ultimately a jading experience. It's colourful and inviting and filled with kids and fun and strong characterization, but it's also capricious.
You might say terminally so :haw:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Watuhboy posted:

So is there any reason to be worried that both versions of Dirk are currently under the imminent threat of the Red Miles? He's the only one who can simultaneously control his real world and dreamself at the same time, and there have been some indications he can't do so perfectly. It seems to me that one or both versions are in danger of being Hussied.

Yeah, I'm going to lay odds on his dreamself dying here. Remember, Jade's land predicts that all dreamselves but Jane's will die.

(If real Dirk died here, there'd be no one to kiss him and switch him over to his Dreamself. Roxy could hypothetically use the window to get to him, but she's running away from it, AND we don't know if Dirk ever plugged it back in.

Plus, it seems like the Batterwitch is trying to kill their dreamselves but only threaten their realselves. Odds are good she wants them in the game, but with as few options as possible.)

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
For some reason MSPA.com seems down.

Unrelated, but: Hussie is answering questions on Reddit or something.

Check it out I guess. And before you ask, even Hussie admits it's not an endorsement for :reddit:, but just a way to determine which questions people are most curious about.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

There's a reason:

Hussie's Twitter from 1 hour ago posted:

web host doing server maintenance for the next 6 hours or so

Edit: Also

Hussie'S Twitter posted:

@mthomasharding turns out general distaste for reddit is a great built in feature that trims the question count way down

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Dolash posted:

You survive the constant hammer-blows by either toughening up so that you're no longer overly invested in the characters and their lives and happiness, or you never care that much to begin with and enjoy the story in a more detached, comedy-focused way.
I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

On the other hand, Scratch's ancestor-abuse led directly to ancestor exposition and the Betty Crocker reveal, while Hussie sneaks through the mansion in the banner. Follow that up with a DONG! and an amazing dance and people are back in the story again.

There's plenty of laughs and puzzles that will bring folks back, even those heavily invested in their favorite characters.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Jewel posted:

There's a reason:

Maybe I ought to get a Twitter one of these days v:v:v

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So, is there one question we want to team up on and upvote so that he answers it?

I honestly don't have any burning questions to ask, other than plot stuff, which he won't answer.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I'd kinda be interested if any of the other dead trolls will make surprise appearances. And now that I think about it, what happened to Jane's sprite after Tavros/Vriska blew up? Is it gone now?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Bobulus posted:

So, is there one question we want to team up on and upvote so that he answers it?

I honestly don't have any burning questions to ask, other than plot stuff, which he won't answer.

I've got a couple random silly things I've been wanting to ask but never had the tumblr account to do so, mostly music-related:

1. What are the odds on putting together a Homestuck concert someday?

2. If Homestuck had/has/will have a 'credits music', is it yet to be created or is it out there in the pool already? Because "Alternia" has always been the perfect end credits track in my head. (I don't think this counts as plot stuff?)

3. If Homestuck were made into a television or movie production, which would you (hussie) prefer? And would/should it be animated or live action?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

If we're imagining hypothetical credits music, I've always imagined either Alternia or Song of Skaia. Probably Song of Skaia since it fits the kid's session rather than the Troll's session.

Maybe Sburb gives each game its own credits music :allears:

Also screw TV and movies, Homestuck ought to be a videogame series.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Things I would ask, if I had a reddit account and could be bothered to learn a new social media thing:

- Are there any fan creations (art, music, video, costumes, whatever) that you saw and want to call attention to for being neat?

...I guess that's all I got.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Also screw TV and movies, Homestuck ought to be a videogame series.

The series is pretty much perfect for Telltale Games to turn it into a point and click adventure game.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bobulus posted:

Things I would ask, if I had a reddit account and could be bothered to learn a new social media thing:

- Are there any fan creations (art, music, video, costumes, whatever) that you saw and want to call attention to for being neat?

...I guess that's all I got.

Hes already done this, I think Jane's desktop picture was fanart and I think Jake had a fanart fake movie poster on his wall maybe?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Yeah, but it couldn't hurt to ask again. I'm sure some neat stuff has come out since then, and it would be interesting to see what he's looking at.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

FutureSushi posted:

From Tumblr:

aaaand

Jesus Christ

Jesus God Almighty, the man is a savant. He's a savant, people.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

CidGregor posted:

2. If Homestuck had/has/will have a 'credits music', is it yet to be created or is it out there in the pool already? Because "Alternia" has always been the perfect end credits track in my head. (I don't think this counts as plot stuff?)

I'd have picked Homestuck Anthem as ending credits music, but that wound up getting used elsewhere.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bobulus posted:

I wouldn't mind asking him why Jade left Derse behind before the Scratch, but I suspect it'd get a flippant answer.

edit: Not that that's a reason not to ask! A good flippant answer can be fun, so I posted it.

edit2: VVVV My guess is pretty much the same way PM went all the way to Jack Noir's office to ask about a parcel - the kingdoms don't have great security since they're expecting everyone to play by the rules.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 26, 2012

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
How do the Dersite archagents get to Prospit?

is something I'd like to know.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The only question I'd ask is "What have you learned from the experience of making Homestuck?" and that's the sort of question to save for after it's finished.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Doug Rattman posted:

How do the Dersite archagents get to Prospit?

is something I'd like to know.

If I had to guess, since the Kingdoms are in kind of a cold war until the players show up, there's possibly some sort of DMZ teleporter between them, ideally to be used for negotiations, but also so Derse and Prospite players can visit each other easier later. And, knowing Prospit, it's probably poorly guarded.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I was vaguely contemplating swallowing my pride to make an account to up/downvote some questions, but I doubt Hussie will answer more than ten or twenty at a stretch and most of the top questions just don't interest me too much or are daft. I mean "will we see any more of the Denizens?" Really? You think? Dolash's question would be neat but I don't see it yet.

Fake Edit: Though actually that question about God Tier players living forever is interesting. I always assumed they did, since they are meant to be gods, it'd be nice to have confirmation on that.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

You can sort the list in different ways. If you sort by New, Dolash's should be near the top.

I confess I don't know the difference between sort by Best and Top, though.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Bobulus posted:

You can sort the list in different ways. If you sort by New, Dolash's should be near the top.

I confess I don't know the difference between sort by Best and Top, though.

Explanation from Randall Munroe here: http://blog.reddit.com/2009/10/reddits-new-comment-sorting-system.html

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
The site's back up.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

A good poster posted:

I'd have picked Homestuck Anthem as ending credits music, but that wound up getting used elsewhere.

Sunslammer as opening theme, Sunsetter as closing theme

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

I've always thought that Crystalanthology would be a good end-credits theme. Though I guess it would depend on the mood that Hussie wants to end Homestuck with.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Uh oh. Does he even know what he's doing?

I wonder if this is where all those umbras come into play, because Skaia is a loving shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh god, there are now four iterations of Jack Noir running around. That's too many goddamn Jack Noirs.